Horry-Georgetown Technical College Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCJune 9, 2015
Horry-Georgetown offered me a start in my teaching career, and for that, I will be forever grateful. This is a great place to work, and they are always willing to help. The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing students tell me that they truly enjoyed my course.
nice place to work
Clinical Admission Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 21, 2014
A very nice place to work. Meet very interesting people. I've learned alot by working here.
Good
Phelbotomist (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 12, 2013
Great school. Student Oriented in all aspects. Phlebotomy student.
Great for what I needed
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCAugust 8, 2013
This was a very rewarding job and I loved doing it. Students would make appointments for a certain subject and day. When I wasn't assisting other students, I was furthering my own knowledge using the resources for other courses we kept on hand. There were also instances I was place in charge of the front desk where it was my job to greet people coming in the office, answer and direct calls, and handle problems that arose. Our management was fantastic. She was understanding and did what she could to work with our own schedules. I didn't have much opportunity to interact with my co-workers; generally, they were all busy helping other students. The hardest part for me was having students come in with a paper due in a few hours. I know some of them were hoping I'd write it for them, and making that clear was heart-breaking. As much as I hated sending him/her off with simply an outline we created together, I could not allow myself to feel responsible for the fact he/she waited until the last minute to do his/her work. On the flip side, the students who put in the effort and saw it reflected in their grades gave me one of the best feelings. Nothing made my day quite like one of my students running in waiving a piece of paper and excitedly exclaiming they passed.
Awesome atmosphere and communication with students
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCJuly 25, 2013
A typical day consisted of a private office to meet and counsel students confidentially, Entering and tracking vital student information concerning criminal background checks and drug screenings. I enjoyed being a part of the Registrar department and handeling all incoming questions and concerns relating to student affairs, graduation degrees, and exceeding daily office management tasks.

The management at Horry-Georgetown Technical College was absolutely amazing. The team was hard-working and over-achievers! The most difficult part of my day was when confronting students with a rejection letter for enrollment due to a failed testing result. However, the most enjoyable was when they were approved and ready to pursue their life long dreams!
Pros
working hours were great!
Cons
no benefits
good education
Clinical Instr. the Surg. Tech. Program, P T, (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCMarch 27, 2012
Great place for an educational experience.
Better behaved individuals employed and as students

4.4