Horry County Schools Employee Review

View all Horry County Schools reviews

Interesting and inlightening
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCNovember 27, 2013
My day starts at 6am, I pick up middle school students and take them to school. Then I go to the district office and do data entry for the medical office. After lunch I pick up the elementary students and take them home. Then I pick up at the high school and the middle school and take them home. My day ends at 5:30pm. You learn to keep your cool and how to deal with kids from all kinds of homes. The management tries to help you learn the children and how to handle them. The hardest part of the job is trying to not get too close to the kids. You can't let your feelings get in the way of your job. The enjoyable part is the hugs at the end of the day and knowing you may have helped a child.
Pros
Field Trips that are paid for and eating out.
Cons
The pay is spread out to cover you over the summer and it doesen't pay the bills.

Other Horry County Schools Employee Reviews

Teamwork
Administrative Assistant (Horry County Government (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCDecember 4, 2017
Everyone works together to achieve the same high standards. The benefits, once received, are excellent. The pay could use some updating to be competitive.
Benefits
fast pace
Cook (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCNovember 22, 2017
working in the schools is a fast pace atmosphere. Making and serving food for the children is not as easy as it sounds. you make breakfast and lunch for over 500 kids, then you have to clean after them
Pros
work 180 days a year