Horry County Schools Employee Review

View all Horry County Schools reviews

Diversity for a Sub.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCFebruary 10, 2014
Great place for the incorporation of diversity and working with extremely different people. Affords the ability to working with children from varied social/economic backgrounds. Would be idea for someone looking to go into education (can start as Substitute). The culture of every school is different, I had both good & bad (staff & the children).
Pros
work with any grade, flexible, opprotunity to learn something new
Cons
short notice (5am-7am call-ins)

Other Horry County Schools Employee Reviews

Love the children
Paraprofessional/ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 18, 2018
I love the job but I still have to work 3 to 4 part-time jobs to make ends meet. The insurance premiums are high then I still have to pay out of pocket. Really not paid enough for the job we are expected to do and hard to move up in position. You really have to love the job to keep doing it for little to know money or be independently wealthy so that you are okay with working for the insurance benefits.
Pros
Off in the Summer
Cons
Still have to work more than one job.
Horry County Schools
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 5, 2018
I have subbed for 20 years. I am not paid my worth with 4 year degree. Students working at McDonalds make more. As a sub teacher you are not granted paid time for Christmas Holidays etc, snow days. You are not given Heath insurance. Only option I have been given is retirement and that was 6 years ago. Ridiculous ...and yet they want us to be Loyal and take care of the children. Which I have been loyal 20 years got me nowhere except in debt.
Pros
working with the children and watching excitement as they learn something new.
Cons
pay and dependability