Horseshoe Casino Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Dual Rate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSNovember 13, 2017
The people are friendly very helpful and the energy is very great the work is easy and the guest are always coming up with something to keep you laughing.
Casino life
Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INNovember 10, 2017
Great place to work. Plenty of job advancement opportunities. Everybody is friendly. It’s definintly a family environment. You always have fun while at work
Great Opportunity
Greeter, Host, Server (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INNovember 9, 2017
a typical day at the horseshoe casino, I worked in the buffet so my job was a server, greeter and host. I loved serving the most because I get to interact with the customers.
Working at the casino
POKER FOOD AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 8, 2017
working at the casino was fun sometimes but the management sucked. he didn't listen to his employees who worked with and around the guests more than he did. it was like his way or the highway. but it was a good fun place to work. we get to see different things everything. working in a place where people come from all over the globe to visit. very exciting. the guests is what makes my day work fun-filled
Pros
money was okay
Cons
poor management
Great interactions with a few guests
Server (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 6, 2017
Hours are not flexible. Poor management in food and beverage department. Very often short staffed. Always laying off employees more than often. Unfairly treated by upper management staffs.
Fun
Stewarding (Current Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSNovember 3, 2017
It is a typical day working at Horseshoe Casino the environment is very clean very fun and very friendly during ploys are very fun and very friendly people speak and the meals are fun it's a Hands-On environment everyone gets a loan if there's a problem is solved before you even reach higher management it is a very fast working place
Pros
Edr
Cons
The healthcare is fine
easy money
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 1, 2017
the work was easy it just the bosses expected to much out of us prep cooks who did all the work but the pay and benefits was the big issue great place though.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
benefits / pay
Fast paced environment
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INOctober 31, 2017
Nightlife fast-paced environment lot of customer service skills needed laid back atmosphere serving drinks alcoholic and non-alcoholic to all members of gambling
Pros
Tips
Cons
Rude Guest
It's Who You Know
Regional Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSOctober 23, 2017
Advancement opportunities are more about who you know and their clout within the organization and less about what you know. Compensation is based on geographical location and not what skills you actually possess. The overall mentally is that you should be content to have a job and less concerned about how much you actually are paid.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Fair wages
Great fast paced company to work at
Assistant to the Benefit Manager (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INOctober 17, 2017
During my tenure, there were over 1,000 employees offering different changes each day. Always meeting new people in all positions. It was an exciting, fast paced environment, never a dull minute.
Pros
free lucnhes, great benefit, awsome employees
Cons
the dirver

Want to know more about Horseshoe Casino?

Ask a question
start day checkroom guest checkout
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 16, 2017
IT a good place to work but doing have good management they have pit and choice that not good on no job with all here to work hard. Some people work hard then some of the people that not good.the most enjoyable part of job going home it could be better but bad management. go work at 9:00Start day check how many girl you have on your team most of time 4girl give girl 16 room a day we prepare for day at 12:00 I have 30room to check room not clean good sent 2girl back clean room over after turn room in to front desk start over check room
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
hour break
Maybe in another department....
Promotions and Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAOctober 14, 2017
The company as a whole is not a bad place to work. Most of the people are wonderful regardless of which department they belong to. Just some departments are not all what they seem.
Busy
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, INOctober 11, 2017
The hours have put me into a slump. Night shift is not for me, but if it is for you then this is a great paying job that this is fun and fast paced. There are ways to move up in the company.
Great
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAOctober 9, 2017
Working for Horseshoe was a very great experience. The managers were great, the pay was great and I enjoyed the culture I was apart of. I loved coming to work.
Pros
breaks
Cons
Difficult setting to work in
SECURITY AMBASSADOR/OFFICER (Former Employee) –  baltimore mdOctober 3, 2017
the atmosphere is ok and fast pace but the pay is definitely not that great depending on what department you work in.they do not promote within house always outside hiring. some managers to do not give great directions.
Very good place
Casino Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSSeptember 27, 2017
I loved this job. No problems at all but I found another job that had day time hours. Because I use to work swing shift and night shift. I have smaller children so I chose day hours.
My leadership skills
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 25, 2017
My Review of being a supervisors is making sure you come to work on time and making sure the shift is prepared have everything they need such as chemicals and brooms and dust pans. The typical type of day in the casino world is making sure the slot machines are wiped down and the bathrooms are maintain for the customers and checking everything detail the workers have done. The hardest part about my job is looking for the working making sure they are in there assigned area making sure they take there break on time. when I was a regular employee I had so much fun.
Kinda strick for low pay but management was friendly
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 21, 2017
Great work environment , co-workers are very nice and helpful . Job requires a lot of effort and maintaining keeping up. No slackers and lots of energetic people
Fun
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 19, 2017
Always chances for advancing in the company . They were very nice and understanding . I would most certainly go back one day . The managers were always encouraging and supportive.
Fun team to work with
Line Cook/ Banquet cook (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INSeptember 16, 2017
Great team members.
Lots of room for growth.
Usually extra hours were steadily available.
Paid overtime.