Horseshoe Casino

Horseshoe Casino Employee Reviews

Horrible Management Team
Drop & Count Team (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 28, 2015
The management team really needs improvement with their communication skills and how they interact with their team. You do not talk to adults as if we are less than human. No professionalism at all.
Beverage Server (Current Employee), Hammond, INJuly 27, 2015
Pros: total rewards for employees
Cons: no health coverage for part timers
you constantly stayed busy delivering and serving all guest. very productive place can sometimes be a fun job if you let it. very easy to work and maintain your job responsibilities.
Trendy place to be
Slot Attendant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Energy
Cons: Advancement
This job is great for someone with a great attitude but complacent. The opportunities for advancement are slim unless willing to move.
Valet Runner
Valet Runner (Former Employee), Elizabeth, INJuly 22, 2015
Met many different people, including celebrities. Great way to learn to hold yourself within social capabilities and problem solving.
N/A
Beverage Ambassador (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2015
Its a great place to work with people. You get to meet new customers everyday. Get to know everyone personally. I've learned how to remember customers not only by faces but by their names. When you call a customer by their name your showing them that you really care about their service and presence. The most enjoyable part about a job is that you can actually relate to people. When you relate then you can build a relationship with them.
Fun place to work if you make it that way
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSJuly 21, 2015
Pros: meeting all types of people from around the world
Cons: company only cares about making money
typical day at work is clocking in, listening to events for the evening, getting assigned table to be dealt. getting straight to work.
Fun!
Line Cook (Former Employee), Hammond, INJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Exciting Environment!
Cons: Far from home
Learn to cook and run food to various large venus! All my co workers were fun! It was visually pleasing and exciting. Catered many events!
Great people, mentally challenging
Table games dealer (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAJuly 18, 2015
Pros: 8 hrs of pay for 6 hrs of work
Cons: a lot to remember
Fun job, can be stressful at times. The co-workers are wonderful. When you learn all of the games there is the opportunity to advance.
n/a
assist manager
daily paperwork
good boat
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee), Hammond, INJuly 14, 2015
this is one of the better boats in NW indiana. the pay is fair and the people treat the employees with respect. but again you will not be getting a raise if you are a supervisor here.
fun place to work
Painter (Former Employee), Hammond, INJuly 7, 2015
Pros: I did
Worked for this company many years ago,Was a travel painter going to town to town working an brand new homes inside and out. Cant say anything bad about the company.I learned a lot.
It was a productive and fun workplace.
Valet Attendant (Former Employee), Hammond, INJuly 6, 2015
It was a good company and I had great coworkers. I also learned alot about the casino business. The mangers and supervisors were fun an cool people to work with.
Up Beat Environment
Universal Beverage Server (Current Employee), Hammond, INJuly 3, 2015
Horseshoe is a upbeat and fun place to work at. They are always looking for diffrent ways to reward you. Horseshoe has great job advancement.
Love working here
Floor Attendant (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSJune 30, 2015
I worked here 12 yrs and it was great. I learned to be patient with the drunk people and the losers. Management went through a lot of changes. Love all my co-workers and still talk to all of them. The hardest part was leaving.
what i enjoy at horseshoe
gaming dealer (Current Employee), Hammond, INJune 26, 2015
i enjoy talking and meeting new people.i enjoy the fast paste casino life. i get alone with my co-workers and supervisors. my job is fun and exciting
very busy environment, upbeat and positive co workers and mangers open 24 hours and seven days a week .
Janitor/Custodial Engineer/ shipping clerk (Former Employee), Hammond, INJune 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits, and great discounts to many companies
Cons: lots of lay offs, high turn over
very busy environment, upbeat and positive co workers and mangers the casino is open 24 hours seven days a week. i learned good time management, great customer service skills. Management were always very dependable and always open for team building ideas. I enjoyed the before shift buzz meeting to get me ready for my work day it was the best way to keep the employee's in the loop about everything the company had coming up.
Exciting Environment
Dealer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 17, 2015
The casino is a 24 hour operation that is full of life and excitement. I learned many things during my tenure there. There are various card games and the pay out odds for each. Management is helpful and do their best to make sure things run smoothly. My co-workers are fun loving people who love enjoy the casino culture. There really isn't anything that is too difficult at the Horseshoe. The most enjoyable part of the job is the excitement of learning the various games of the casino and becoming competent with each.
Productive, A Learning Experience
Security Ambassador (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2015
Pros: Getting to work with great people
Cons: Horrible Management
A Typical day at the Horseshoe Casino is a great day you get to meet new people. Co workers are working together to get to job done even with the lack of teaching on how to do the job from management. The hardest part of the job is working with mangers and supervisors who do not see you as a worker more like a object, they want hard workers but are not willing to work with them and treat them with respect. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a team of people who care about you, people who are willing to look out for you.
Work many venues
BARTENDER (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSJune 14, 2015
Pros: Good insurance
Cons: They stopped serving hot lunches
I would start my evening with getting my bar bank from EV. I would then set up my bar by filling the ice bin, preparing my fruit tray, and take a quick inventory to make sure I had what I needed to operate my bar with, I would mix drinks for the restaurant servers and close out the dinner checks. At the end of the night I would clean up my bar and turn in my bank.
During my time at Horseshoe I learned how the Hotel Desk, The Diamond Lounge and Jack Binion's Steakhouse operated.
Management was was great as were the co-workers.
The hardest thing about my job was having to 86th a guest from the property. Which happened only once.
Of all of the positions I have worked at the Horseshoe, bartending was my favorite.
it was fun
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAJune 10, 2015
it was fun managers cool dual rates act like teen age college kids when they should be grow adults and do there job yeah it was fun

1 2 3 4 5