Horseshoe Casino Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work.
DISPATCH SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSJanuary 12, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment with Horseshoe Casino. I gained valuable managerial experience. My director was exceptional. I enjoyed everyone that I worked with. I would have stayed at horseshoe if my department wouldn't have closed due to automation.
Pros
Management and Benefits.
great opportunities
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2017
assist the elderly in daily activities which included bathing ,cleaning, cooking,grocery shopping assisting with showers and other activities of daily living
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
animals
Fun place to work
Feature Bar Cocktail Server/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INDecember 19, 2016
Management doesn't help much! It's really cut throat! You'll make money unless you have a jealous manager. They compensate well for doing your job. Tips are lovely.
Pros
Free points
Cons
No life outside of the casino
this casino was perfect
Food Server Duties (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2016
I have worked at this casino and it was nice to meet interesting people and there was a great management. I was given great hours but the people didn't give tips for the hard and excellent service.
Pros
there was great food and fun people
Cons
as a food server working there was no advanments in pay
Great place to work, horrible customers.
BEVERAGE SERVER (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INNovember 23, 2016
I made great money, great friends who became like family. It was very stressful and kind of hard on your body because it gets busy and you will run, but you will make good tips and they pay an excellent hourly rate. You will have to deal with some not so great customers and they will be rude to you, but for the most part they train you how to deal with it. And if it ever gets to point that it makes you uncomfortable security will be called. Management is sometimes all over the place and not on the same page, other than that I very much enjoyed working there and wish I didn't move away.
Pros
Cheap lunch, workout area for employees, provide free dry cleaner for your uniforms, great training, very awesome coworkers.
Cons
guests, supervisors aren't on the same page.
things they need
Baker II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 20, 2016
There are so many things that they need. Like they need sick days, better pay, more management, to keep people more informed, and to really care about their employees in stead of saying that they do and there actions showing different.
Pros
you have a steady paying job
Cons
you are getting paid a lot less than you are worth
Exciting place to wrok
Promotion Associate (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LANovember 14, 2016
Working at the Horseshoe Casino was a new experience for me personally. I met a great team that I worked with from the managers to the fellow employees.
High energy and fun establishment
Front of House Bartender (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 9, 2016
There is an eccentric but amazing customer base that requires a high energy and positive demeanor to be maintained. I learned to work fast and efficiently, while acquiring excellent communication skills while working for this establishment.
Fast paced fun up beat and positive place to be employed.
Valet Coach (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 3, 2016
Fast paced customer service environment.Team work culture that was supported by daily supervisor updates regarding the day ahead and feed back from direct reports.
I learned that getting to know your people and responding to their needs can bring about loyalty and greater work performance.
The Management team was transparent with an open door policy. They listened to suggestions and were fair as what was the culture.
The hardest part of the job was a slow day that seemed to drag.
The most enjoyable part was when we were busy and my guys were making money and happy.
Pros
The salary, meeting local celebrities and watching the team have fun.
Cons
The late shifts and the weather.
Was a very interesting place to work
Cage Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSOctober 20, 2016
I worked for this establishment for 18 years and the environment allowed me your interaction with all walks of life. The cadino cage allowed me to advance my money handling skills in all facets of life.
Benefits
fun place to work
Surveillance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAOctober 17, 2016
the department was great, everyone got along with each other. the job was never boring because there was always something going on
Casion Life type of job. Fun
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 5, 2016
Please the customer. Name of the game. Crazy hours. Drunk customers. On your feet the whole shift. Cover for shift when short.
Pros
Never dull moment
Cons
Customer is always right, no matter what.
great for part time work
Events Bartender (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSSeptember 28, 2016
Enjoyed working the concert events. Got to see all the concerts and made decent money. Management was great to work with when scheduling for events.
Fun
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 19, 2016
Very enjoyable place to work. Fast pace and very big. Employees only pay 3 dollars for lunch. Management could use some work but overall a very fun place to be
Cage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSSeptember 19, 2016
Casino Life is not a place for a career for me, but it was fun and a little challenging, but overall I build strong relationships and Love the level of teamwork.
Great work experience
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 15, 2016
Horseshoe Baltimore provided an excellent work experience dealing with all kinds of different people. My interaction, presentation, and customer service skills improved because of my time working at Horseshoe. I also learned a great deal about management. A typical day at work is usually very exciting because of the clientele that comes in. I love greeting guests and not only making them feel welcome and special but also willing to come back to valet. My management overall was adequate. I think they did their best to make sure that I was treated with respect while giving me my orders. Most of the co-workers that I had while I've been working here were great to work with because of the chemistry and similar goals. The hardest part of the job was in the event I was inconvenienced with less staff to help me and a lot of work to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to give guests smiles on their faces knowing that I did my job well.
Pros
Tips and guest interaction
Cons
Short breaks, salary, and point system for attendance
Takes a toll on your body and can be depressing
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INSeptember 14, 2016
When you are a poker dealer you have to sit down for most of your shift and do a lot of leaning and the same motion with your arms. Some dealers had to go in for surgery.
Great place to work if you have no other responsibilities.
Poker Dealer (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INAugust 31, 2016
Great place to work, if you have no health issues. Heavy smoking may cause you to become sicker. The workers are friendly and everyone greets everyone. The management and cafeteria could use some upgrading and help. Besides those things, it pays great.
Pros
Pays great
Cons
Heath is bad due to heavy smoking
Enjoyed working there, and my co-workers were great
Retail Clerk/Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LA 71111August 30, 2016
Customer Service,scheduled appointments for services in the Health Spa,processed payments using computerized system, opened and closed all four shops.
Pros
You promote within the company immediately after your 90 days.
Cons
You don't get any gracetime on your clock-in time for work.
Awesome place to work
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 9, 2016
Horseshoe casino is an awesome place to work. It is easy to advance with in the company. They also pay great, I genuinely enjoyed coming to work every day.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Turn over rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horseshoe Casino. Our community is ready to answer.