HORSESHOE Southern Indiana Employee Reviews

Former Horseshoe Supervisor
Hotel Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INJanuary 11, 2017
Horseshoe is a great place to work if you enjoy the Hospitality Industry. In my specific department, my managers were wonderful and made it a fun place to work. I was there for over 15 years, and only left because I was tired of the "Casino World". Needed a change and needed a new shift.
Pros
good pay/good benefits
Cons
the property is run down and in need of remodleing
Great place to work!
Executive Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, INFebruary 1, 2017
Proud to work for Horseshoe Southern Indiana! Great opportunities to move forward within the company. The executive team provides great leadership and believe in a teamwork environment.
Horseshoe Southern Indiana
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 9, 2017
it's a great place to work. What else can i say it's a job and some people seem to move up faster than the one's that deserve it.
Pros
free food in the lunch rooms, and the vaca time is outstanding.
Awesome place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INJanuary 30, 2017
I enjoyed my time at horseshoes very much. The managers did their job well and the pay was great. If I hadn't moved I would still be there today. apply now!
Good people tough econmony during my time there
Marketing Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INSeptember 30, 2016
Everyone did what they could with what they had. The economy was a huge challenge and everyone pitched in to keep the operation going.
Pros
Team Work/HR
Cons
Pay cuts and benefit cuts
My first casino experience
Impressment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INAugust 24, 2016
I would help customers with ATM issues. I got to meet a lot of new and interesting people.
The job was different everyday and I liked it. I had a lot of fun.
No one knows what is going on
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  maintenanceMay 15, 2016
I liked the place until recently when everything went to pot. Management changed and no one knows what is happening. The coworkers are great and willing to help if needed. The hardest thing is there are no parts when needed
Pros
meals
Cons
management not caring
this casino pay very very low
Day Porter (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 19, 2016
i went in ther for a house keeping job with many years of exps they would not give more money for the knowledge and skills i had this places pays so low and it is so far away its not wroth the trip because you use more gas then you get paid lol
Pros
health benefits
Cons
very low pay
I got to work on a boat on the river.
Bar Porter (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INApril 3, 2016
I enjoyed working with the various bartenders and those in administration. The position was demanding and challenging with a positive atmosphere.
When I started in the business 26 years ago, I loved the enviroment. The fast pace ,the money,the interaction with the guest.
Casino Dealer (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INSeptember 11, 2015
Dealing your assigned game. Tap into a table and deal your game while entertaining the guest and protecting your game ,money, cards, ect. .
Over the years you learn to read your customers. Their wants, their needs as a player.
My co-workers for the most part were wonderful. We are all there for a common goal. To make tips.
The hardest part of the job was the inconsistency from your supervisors. The ones that stand the floor behind the games.
Making money and my co-workers were the best part of that job.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers great pay
Cons
The smoke

Want to know more about HORSESHOE Southern Indiana?

Ask a question
A casino indutry education
Centralized Scheduling Planner (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, INNovember 21, 2014
A typical day at work is busy and productive. I learned how to effectively multi-task wearing many hats during my scheduled shift. The hardest part of my job was woking whenever I was asked, changing my days off whenever it was needed and working every holiday, unless it fell naturally on my day off. The most enjoyable part of my job was feeling satisfied with my contributions at the end of my work day and successfully taking care of customer issues and turning their visit around.
Pros
Inexpensive lunches, lots of employee engagement events, good benefits
Cons
The casino business has no holidays. Its a 24 hr business and when most people are off, we are working.
A great place to work for the most part. The benefits are awesome.
Casino Services Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INNovember 4, 2013
Upper management tries very hard to stay engaged with employess and keep an upbeat and positive atmosphere however, there are often road blocks that are thrown into the mix that have to be dealt with. It is a fun place to work, but dealing with unions can make things difficult. The employees are awesome and can be motivated if you do what you say you are going to do and build trust with them.
Pros
Insurance benefits and healthcare are top of mind.
Cons
very often do not get breaks.
Want to further your education & work at the same time... Don't try here
Worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INJuly 3, 2012
Worked there for 5 years and when I was ready to go back to school they were unwilling to work with my school schedule even though it was possible. I know of a few others who quit for the same reason. They tell you when you are hired in that they will support you in furthering your education and tuition reimbursement but fail to tell you that they won't adjust your schedule by one day so you can attend class.
Fun workplace, Hard to move up, Easy to move around.
Hotel Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INAugust 3, 2015
I loved my job at Horseshoe, dependent upon what department you work for, it can be very easy to move up, but it's even easier to move around. Don't like your current department? You can move!
Pros
Cheap EDR, Ability to move departments
Cons
Hours flexibility
aroma cafe
Café Attendant / Steward (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INJuly 31, 2012
overall i love my job at aroma the employees are friendly team players. I was hired a steward and learned so much more than just that. eventually i filled in as a cafe attendant. the guest were appreciative. the most enjoyable part of my work was giving a great performance and quality services.
Pros
reward credits, p t o days
Cons
short staffed in some areas.
I wish I didn't have to write a review like this
Security (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth IndianaAugust 15, 2014
Well I admit it, I was wrong. I had heard this was a terrible place to work but I thought perhaps it was just isolated incidents. I learned very quickly that just isn't the case. The managers are apparently instructed to be bullies, you will be told to be available any shift they need you, any hours they need you. Do not attempt to have a life outside the walls of this institution. The Human Resource department is nothing short of a really bad joke. You job will be threatened daily if you don't agree to the "knee jerk" demands of the Director of Security. There is absolute lying and document falsification and fabrication if they want to terminate someone. All I can tell you is if you are considering working here...don't do it. I don't want anyone to be abused like I was as well as my co-workers were.
Pros
That I don't work there anymore
Cons
Everything I can possibly think of.
Nothing but kind words
Special Events/Entertainment Manager (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, INAugust 12, 2014
I have developed a second family with my co-workers at Horseshoe Southern Indiana. Extremely grateful for everything I have learned through my years with Caesars Entertainment!
Pros
Free lunch, co-workers, development
Cons
New insurance (though they are working on improving), work/life balance
Good job.
Hotel Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, INAugust 4, 2015
Good job. Just sucks that its difficult to balance work with other responsibilities. Not a fault of the company however.
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INJuly 31, 2014
I really enjoyed my time with this particular company. I would definitely recommend working at this particular property.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
There really arent any
Great benefits!
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, INMay 17, 2013
Great place to work, but you do have to give up your weekends and holidays.
Pros
Good benefits, free food in EDR.
Cons
Stand on your feet all the time and breathing in the second hand smoke.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HORSESHOE Southern Indiana. Our community is ready to answer.

HORSESHOE Southern Indiana Reviews by Location