HORSESHOE Southern Indiana Employee Reviews

Great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INJuly 26, 2017
Work is great and management is great. Loved working here but had a rough patch and had to leave. Goals would be set and met. They were fantastic. Everyone always had a smile
Pros
Lunch was $2
Cons
No cons
Too stressful with not enough pay
DUAL RATE TABLE GAMES SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, INJuly 7, 2017
To take a promotion means a cut in pay. They expect you to do extra work and you are not compensated fairly for it. I can make more money in the position I was in before I took the promotion. Since I can do both positions, every time they use me as a supervisor, I lose money.
Easy job and easy money
Valet (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INMay 31, 2017
Hands down this was my favorite job. Valet may not be something you are interested in but when you try it you will love it. fast pace environment, nice cars and able to work overtime or leave early depending on the work flow.
Pros
Lunch in the building, and friendly people all the time
Cons
The snow can be a little harsh sometimes
horseshoe
TABLE GAMES SUPERVISOR/ DUEL PIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INApril 26, 2017
A typical day was to provide the best gaming experience to the patrons. It also included training and reviewing fellow coworkers and gaming guidelines per Indiana Gaming Commision
Pros
401k and paid time off
Cons
healthcare
Great place to work!
Executive Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, INFebruary 1, 2017
Proud to work for Horseshoe Southern Indiana! Great opportunities to move forward within the company. The executive team provides great leadership and believe in a teamwork environment.
Awesome place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INJanuary 30, 2017
I enjoyed my time at horseshoes very much. The managers did their job well and the pay was great. If I hadn't moved I would still be there today. apply now!
fun place to work, opportunities to advance
Total Rewards Representative (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INJanuary 20, 2017
Fun place to work. You get to meet people from all walks of life and from all over the world. I met a lot of great people when I worked there. The only thing I didn't like about working there was that I had to work every weekend and every holiday.
Pros
cheap food in Employee dining room, opportunities to advance
Cons
working every weekend and every holiday
Former Horseshoe Supervisor
Hotel Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INJanuary 11, 2017
Horseshoe is a great place to work if you enjoy the Hospitality Industry. In my specific department, my managers were wonderful and made it a fun place to work. I was there for over 15 years, and only left because I was tired of the "Casino World". Needed a change and needed a new shift.
Pros
good pay/good benefits
Cons
the property is run down and in need of remodleing
Horseshoe Southern Indiana
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 9, 2017
it's a great place to work. What else can i say it's a job and some people seem to move up faster than the one's that deserve it.
Pros
free food in the lunch rooms, and the vaca time is outstanding.
Good people tough econmony during my time there
Marketing Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INSeptember 30, 2016
Everyone did what they could with what they had. The economy was a huge challenge and everyone pitched in to keep the operation going.
Pros
Team Work/HR
Cons
Pay cuts and benefit cuts
My first casino experience
Impressment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INAugust 24, 2016
I would help customers with ATM issues. I got to meet a lot of new and interesting people.
The job was different everyday and I liked it. I had a lot of fun.
No one knows what is going on
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  maintenanceMay 15, 2016
I liked the place until recently when everything went to pot. Management changed and no one knows what is happening. The coworkers are great and willing to help if needed. The hardest thing is there are no parts when needed
Pros
meals
Cons
management not caring
this casino pay very very low
Day Porter (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 19, 2016
i went in ther for a house keeping job with many years of exps they would not give more money for the knowledge and skills i had this places pays so low and it is so far away its not wroth the trip because you use more gas then you get paid lol
Pros
health benefits
Cons
very low pay
I got to work on a boat on the river.
Bar Porter (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INApril 3, 2016
I enjoyed working with the various bartenders and those in administration. The position was demanding and challenging with a positive atmosphere.
One job I regret leaving!!! Please read if considering to work for horseshoe!!
Surveillance Officer (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INMarch 17, 2016
Work was more then your typical work day it was something I look forward waking up and going to everyday. I can honestly say this is the only job I have ever regret leaving and that's not an exaggeration!! It wasn't just the job it's self that was so perfect but it's the team you get to work with everyday. They treated me like family more then my own family did. Regardless of the situation each and every one of my team mates were there for me whether it was a issue at work or even at home. The manager is hands down the most amazing manager I have ever worked for. She stayed focused on our work and did what ever she could do to keep our team on top. Whether she knows it or not she definitely had a huge impact on my life and how I view things (in a good way). She always gave great advice and willing to work one on one to help us be better at our job and it wasn't ever about her it was always about us. What I loved the most was that when you did something good you were recognized and rewarded. Most jobs you bust your butt hoping to get a raise but in reality you were never noticed. If your wondering how the pay was well it's not the worse and wasn't the best however you work hard continue to improve, show that you love what you do and are very thankful for having the job, hard work pays off. Always room for advancement you just have to show that you want it because they don't just hand it out to whom ever. I let the thought of higher pay get the best of me which is one of the reason why I left but now that I am gone I wish I would have never left because I left more then a job  more... behind I left advancement opportunities, learning capabilities, amazing benefits and most importantly my work family and the best dang manager anyone could ask for. Out side the surveillance life the company was also great to work for because they interact with each and everyone of their employees such as one on one meeting to help improve things on the employee side and for the customers. They also have team meetings once a month with games and activities or even a horseshoe Olympics where each department competed against each other in some gaming event which by the way surveillance is #1 :) another great thing was the food.... Some can disagree however your lucky to get grilled cooked food and you ordered what ever you wanted that was on the menu. I know one things for sure it was hard to lose weight because the food was so great. Besides the food if weather was ever bad they offered a place to stay to make sure you were able to be at work the next day. Another great thing was the employee reward system helped keep each and every employee involved with different activities by rewarding us with points that acted as money towards prizes. Think of it as horseshoes Amazon. You had enough points you type in what you want and more then likely they had it on their webpage. I was able to earn a go pro, tv, ect. My list can go on and I know that a select few would disagree but please don't let the negative comments get to you because being in the work area I was I can tell you the ones that write negative comments are the one that did it to them selfs and probably deserved to be let go or horseshoe is lucky to not have them as an employee anymore. If I was given the chance to have my position back at horse shoe I would drop everything to earn it back. If this tells you anything majority of the people that I worked with have been there for 6+ years and most have been there since day 1. I know for a fact if I wouldn't have left for a higher paying job (that I ended up hating and quitting) I would be making the same if not more at a job I truly loved doing (horseshoe). If you have a opportunity to work with horseshoe take it and make the best of it! If you have a opportunity to work in the surveillance department bust your butt to be the best show them that hiring you was worth the time and most of all enjoy what you do and come in with an upbeat positive attitude!! Good luck to you and good luck to horseshoe! Thank you for making such a huge impact on my life!!  less
Pros
The pay, advancement and learning opportunities, benefits, food and one giant work family!
Cons
The weird hours of the shifts and some of the employees negative attitudes.
When I started in the business 26 years ago, I loved the enviroment. The fast pace ,the money,the interaction with the guest.
Casino Dealer (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INSeptember 11, 2015
Dealing your assigned game. Tap into a table and deal your game while entertaining the guest and protecting your game ,money, cards, ect. .
Over the years you learn to read your customers. Their wants, their needs as a player.
My co-workers for the most part were wonderful. We are all there for a common goal. To make tips.
The hardest part of the job was the inconsistency from your supervisors. The ones that stand the floor behind the games.
Making money and my co-workers were the best part of that job.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers great pay
Cons
The smoke
Good job.
Hotel Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, INAugust 4, 2015
Good job. Just sucks that its difficult to balance work with other responsibilities. Not a fault of the company however.
Fun workplace, Hard to move up, Easy to move around.
Hotel Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INAugust 3, 2015
I loved my job at Horseshoe, dependent upon what department you work for, it can be very easy to move up, but it's even easier to move around. Don't like your current department? You can move!
Pros
Cheap EDR, Ability to move departments
Cons
Hours flexibility
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SupervisorJune 6, 2015
From supervisor to Manager you have to work 50 plus hours a week. You will very rarely have holidays off or weekends. The culture of Horseshoe is fantastic and there are some really pleasant people who work there. You will learn a lot about coaching team members and how to complete administrative work. This is not a family friendly business. If you have little ones at home that you would like to see, it will be a real commitment to balance both effectively. Hardly anyone works 1st shift and when you start working in hopes to move into first shift you will realize that someone will have to retire or get fired before you are able to work a dream schedule. The schedules change due to business demands and to cover other employees PTO you will have to bounce around from working grave to swing shift or even pick up extra hours. Working with the union becomes a real road block and you spend half your time defending your own decisions as a leader. Over all the pay is good, the benefits make the hard times worth it but if family is important right now in your life it will be a hard balance to maintain a successful career and grow a family.
Pros
Health care, pay, rewards, culture, co-workers, guest interactions, and leadership.
Cons
Union, co-workers, family balance, travel, and work schedule
A casino indutry education
Centralized Scheduling Planner (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, INNovember 21, 2014
A typical day at work is busy and productive. I learned how to effectively multi-task wearing many hats during my scheduled shift. The hardest part of my job was woking whenever I was asked, changing my days off whenever it was needed and working every holiday, unless it fell naturally on my day off. The most enjoyable part of my job was feeling satisfied with my contributions at the end of my work day and successfully taking care of customer issues and turning their visit around.
Pros
Inexpensive lunches, lots of employee engagement events, good benefits
Cons
The casino business has no holidays. Its a 24 hr business and when most people are off, we are working.