Hosparus Employee Reviews

Caring Sympathetic place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisvile, KYJuly 12, 2015
Hosparus has taught me compassion how to be patient.
I have learned how to offer a great deal of emotional and spiritual support.
Pros
Flexable
Great if you are clinical
Not clinical (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJune 5, 2015
The culture is commendable and honorable. The company and management's focus on helping patients is outstanding; however, their focus on helping their employee is weak. Little to no advancement. If you are not clinical - it feels as if you do not matter.
Most patient centered care
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, Ky 42718May 21, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Hosparus, I loved helping others transition from this environment to the next. I did miss the Emergency Room as I love trauma!
Pros
Family patient centered care
Cons
Palliative end of life care
Supportive Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 2, 2015
The company is great to its employees, very supportive and provides opportunities for education and furthering of ones career goals. The coworkers are independent and friendly as well as inclusive of new employees unlike some other locations.
Great Workplace
Visit Registered Nurse (RN), PRN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 28, 2014
Love working here! Management has been very understanding!
Good place to work.
Chaplain / Mentor (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYJuly 22, 2014
Caseload of (up to) 80 patients. Covering an area of 16 counties. Lot of overnight travel. Also, appointed to the Policy and procedures committee. Responsible for the review and updating or writing policies for the Company. Co-workers, a joy to work with.
Pros
good benefits, good pay, and voted number one place to work in state of kentucky
Volunteer events and respite care
Hospice Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 19, 2014
I became a hospice volunteer due to my passion for caregiving and helping other families and patients will terminal illnesses. I have had this experience personally in my own family and wanted to give back.
Pros
flexible schedule, social networking and interaction.
Cons
dealing with life loss frequently
Volunteered as a medical massage practitioner and an "11th hour" volunteer.
Volunteer and Individually Paid (Former Employee) –  Greater Louisville, KY area.April 18, 2014
I received many opportunities to provide bodywork and massage to individuals in their last few years or months of life. Some of the persons that I worked-on would schedule me weekly and referred to me as THEIR therapist! (Many of these individuals I enjoyed working on just to see their smiles and their increased activity after the session(s).)

Others were very bitter and dishonest in their reports of my visits; sadly though the organization did/does not have an effective manner of investigation.

The most difficult part of the job were dishonesty among members of the various teams.

The most rewarding experiences were when they family of the (now deceased) person would invite me to the funerals because the (now decreased) individual respected me that much!
Pros
the opportunity to volunteer my time for the benefit of others!
Cons
very little safe-guards against false reporting, and the falsification of any therapist's session.
Great Place to work
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 6, 2014
Hosparus is for patients who choose to have the best quality of life possible till the end of life. We provide hospice care wherever our patients call home. Each patient and family receives care and counseling from a dedicated team of professionals and volunteers. Our teams offer the type of care, comfort and counseling they would want for their own families.
I enjoy my job at Hosparus
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 26, 2014
I do a variety of tasks at my current job. Maintenance of offices and building as well as ground maintenance. I enjoy doing a variety of tasks and my favorite parts are the hands on with building or small construction jobs.
Pros
day shift, monday - friday
Cons
would like to do more building or construction jobs

Want to know more about Hosparus?

Ask a question
Love caring for patients
Registered Nurse Home Team (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 23, 2013
Good care for the terminally ill. Mostly good staff. management was not satisfactory
A great place to work
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 24, 2013
I worked with a great bunch of people. The greatest part of my job was knowing I could take my time with my pts. ADLS and time to sit and talk with them. It was hard losing them. The most enjoyable part was coming home knoing my job was completed.
Pros
i liked when we all got together for luncheons
Hosparus is a wonderful place to work with lots of room for growth and advancement
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 24, 2013
A typical day at work consists of providing care to terminally ill patients whether it be hospice or palliative care in nursing and skilled- living facilities. While being at Hosparus I have learned the importance of providing care to terminally ill patients is just as important as it is for patients that are not terminally ill. It is a very rewarding job and it will open your eyes to the dying process in so many ways. I just love it! Everyone works as a team and they make you feel very valuable to the company and you never feel left out.The hardest part of the job is dealing with the deaths of patients that you have gotten close to. The most enjoyable part of the job is how the families and patients appreciate your help and they tell you all the time. It really makes my day worthwhile!
Pros
benefits, employees appreciation events and the flexibility of the job.
rewarding place to work
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 8, 2012
I felt valued by management and peers on a daily basis. The organization had a great mission and provided top quality care to its patients. The only downside was lack of ability to advance without a clinical degree, as most positions required nursing education.
Dedicated to becoming the premier model for end of life care.
Program Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 6, 2012
Management is supportive of staff; very fullfilling personally and professionally; organization is dedicated to providing care for any and all people in need of end of life care.

4.3