Hospice & Palliative Care Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Being comfortable with end of life
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 7, 2017
Palliative Care or Hospice allows you the ability to understand the importance of life and self care. You are able to provide dignity at end of life.
Pros
The ability to schedule your appointment.
Cons
Seeing Patients at their end of life when some are not ready to deal with their terminal illness.
double standards. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Mocksville, NCApril 13, 2016
Ridiculous scheduling. Unorganized. Double standards throughout staff members. Rules aren't regulated for all staff. Lots of favoritism. Supervisor is too invasive. They try to get into your personal life. Lots of gossiping.
A very rewarding position, was able to provide Loving and Compassionate care to many family's
LPN on Call (Former Employee) –  Niagara CountySeptember 2, 2015
The Day would start at 1630pm, with checking report on the computer, and receive verbal report for Triage in case someone syncing late. Checking for any assigned tasks in addition to answering calls from Triage RN on call.
Worked from home most days and would collect supplies as needed from the local office on Sunset Drive.
Make visits to health teach Pt's and family's on what to expect with their disease progression. Provide reassurance and validate their feelings on their current situation.
Provide a visit to adjust any medication needs as situations changed thru the disease progression.
All visits needed to be synced with the office server so that supervisors and or the Primary nurse could view the information.
Had direct meetings with Supervising RN on monthly basis.
Shift would end at 0830 the next morning.
Pros
working from home when calls were slow, could still do things around the house
Cons
long days when busy, could be traveling over 350 miles in a week, or more as the area I covered was all niagara County, could be from Youngstown to Middle Port
Wonderful place to work.
Triage Registered Nurse Week End (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 17, 2014
Spiritually fulfilling. This job offered an opportunity to minister it is an art. The staff work well together. We were more like family than colleague. I loved being able to enter a heightened family crisis and bring peace, love, education and empowerment. The hardest part was watching the family of a young person.
Loving and caring job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 7, 2013
At Hospice i take care of patients, also comfort and educated family members. I learn one day this could be me so i give my all because i care and understand. my co-workers have different personality so i learn to block the negative and focus on the positive. The hardest part of this job it is very emotional. Management is the best of the best very caring and helpful. The most i enjoy about this job is that a family appreciate my hard work. bottom line i love my job.
Pros
free dinners from familys
Cons
cenus can get low
Team of compasionate people caring for teminally ill
Primary RN (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYOctober 10, 2013
A wonderful group of Care Givers that give ALL of themselves to make a terminally ill patient and their families have peace during a most difficult time.
An excellent culture and value system for Human Resource professionals.
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 29, 2012
I worked at Hospice & Pallative Care as a Human Resources Consultant for quite some time and found this organization to have the highest values, work culture, and deep desire to provide the best of medical care to people with life threatening illnesses. I would personally rate this organization as one of the best places to work.
Pros
pro-life and professional work culture for people needing their services.
The job really taught me a lot.
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 18, 2012
The hardest part of the job was that I couldn't spend much time with the patients.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
driving time