HOSPICE ADVANTAGE

HOSPICE ADVANTAGE Employer Reviews

Jackson, MS office has poor management. communication sucks,
rn (Former Employee), jackson, msJuly 1, 2014
Pros: patients
Cons: management sucked, poor communication from managment, lack of training chaotic on call
poor communication, no hours, on call is horrible, poor training for new employees. covers a wide area. big turn over. not a good place to work or to obtain professional growth. management incompetent to lead, unprofessional and rude.
CNA duties
Home Hospice Aide (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 2, 2014
Basic CNA duties. Assist patients with activities of daily living; bathing, oral care, incontinence care, nail care, etc... I travel to facilities and or patient homes.
A great job .
Volunteer (Current Employee), Dothan, ALFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Its very slow paced. Its always work to be done its always ways to help out. The workers there are very nice. There is nothing I don't like when it comes to volunteering at Wiregrass Hospice.
Patient care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: pros: looking at the greatest job anyone could ask for
Cons: cons: no health insurance
Getting to my First patient home before 8:00 Am Shower Assist with clean Bed Liens, making sure that they have enough supplies to last them until I see them next. You always learning something new in the medical feild espically your patient what are there likes and dis-likes and how to handle things under pressure.Management you will always have good – more... and bad but that come with the Job. Co-workers are great when you have the right one you are working with. The hardest part of my job is when I feel that I haven't seen my patient smile or they are in pain.Enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I did the VERY BEST and make someone day. – less
great team dedicated to quality care
Team Coordinator (Current Employee), Lee's Summit, MOJanuary 31, 2014
A typical day at work would entail not knowing what the day will bring. Flexibility and time management and key to providing great customer service and also meeting required deadlines. The best part of the job is meeting so many amazing families!
Great Company
Administrator (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJanuary 17, 2014
I enjoyed working with the People that worked there.
I really like doing this kind of work
Poor Management, Rude Staff
Staff (Current Employee), Athens, GADecember 31, 2013
Cons: long hours, constant meetings
Bottom line is money not patients, do not work for this company.
A growing NEW Hospice provider in Chicago area
Staff PRN RN (Current Employee), Burbank, ILDecember 16, 2013
Pros: success with patient outcomes
Cons: when if i find some i will let you know!!
Completing skilled nursing visits to patients in the Chicago area requiring Hospice interventions. Learning is ongoing and communication and collaboration with co-workers, management and patients keeps the job enjoyable and fulfilling.
Hospice Work
CNA (Former Employee), Ellijay, GADecember 4, 2013
I enjoyed my job. Management was not great.Nurses never checked patients like they was suppose too.
Lost ...management
Palliative Care Coord (Former Employee), Fayetteville, gaDecember 3, 2013
Pros: close to my house
Cons: white people wit not management skills
Well only worked here a very short time...i know my job but my supervisor ....did not know me...well anyway Hospice Advantage is a ? to me ...they don't even exist....
Can’t even compete in local market because of service failures and staff constant turnover
Management (Former Employee), Lakeville/Roseville, MinnesotaNovember 27, 2013
Pros: stay, away
Cons: too many to list
Over promises, under delivers, No reflective or compassionate journeys, no therapy (music, pet, OT, speech, art, nothing). No patient or office volunteers,,, isn't it a regulation that hospice maintain a percentage of trained hospice volunteer hours!?!?!

This hospice is not concerned with patients, families, referral sources, and certainly not staff. – more... When given a chance from any number of referral sources, failure is certain to occur. One should just ask around.

As a case manager, you are not trained like the Administrator or the Clinical Services Director, just thrown out to the wolves and put in bad situations with little or no support. Case managers quit so regularly that new nurses are forced to become case managers without the proper knowledge further loosing credibility in the community. Remember folks.. this is a small-well connected-healthcare professional network and word gets around FAST.

Hard working, dedicated, and exceptional hospice professionals have held all positions at both the Roseville and Lakeville locations just to be pushed to their limit and/or fired. The turnover rate for all positions is far and above the normal average. No one feels good about the services being provided.

It will be interesting to see if this hospice sustains in this market. One would think that HR would recognize trends and fix things (even when brought to their attention), but no; that would not happen. These are the wrong people to be in this caring business of hospice.

PDO not paid out when you are terminated or if you resign. As others have stated,

I am sure the prior owner would have some choice comments about how terribly wrong the deal went down.. and let's not forget the over qualified Administrator who launched the Lakeville office. She was a great hospice nurse, heavily credentialed, and was drove out.. yes drove out. I'll speak for many who have come and gone. No one would even consider looking back. This place is a disgusting, fear driven, numbers centered hospice.

Regional Vice President: Only by second hand knowledge will I state that he told the Roseville Marketer to "not talk to him anymore during a sales meeting" because she was asking for help. What is wrong with this picture? Bet you can't wait to apply or call upon this team to care for yourself or your family members.

Shameful. – less
Productive company that makes you feel like you are appreciated
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOOctober 12, 2013
The hardest part of the job is becoming attached to the elderly clients as if they were your very own family and then they pass away.
Great opportunities to work closelyand educate patients and families . Love the team work and team environment. Too much call time .
rn hospice case manager (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: autonomy, working with a team, close work and teaching families and patients
Cons: on call several nights per week as well as working 5 to 7 days per week.
I manage between 9 and 15 patients which I visit 2 to 3 days per week . I make sure they have the medications , supplies , and other services needed to manage any pain and/or symptoms associated with their hospice diagnosis . I work closely and colaberate with the physicians , msw's , hha's , dme companies and pharmacies to support and meet my patients – more... needs. – less
Good
Regional Vice President of Operations (Current Employee), MississippiSeptember 13, 2013
Manage the operations throughout the state. Co-workers are great. I have expanded my knowledge of hospice and the benefits associated with this service.
Company lost its focus
Sales (Current Employee), GeorgiaSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: providing hospice
Cons: lost focus on patient care
This company has lost it's focus on patient care. At one time, it was a great company to work for, but with a sagging industry shows the companies true colors. Managed by fear from the top down. Regional management very inept as well.
Challenging Environment
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee), Pewaukee, WISeptember 4, 2013
This company has not figured out what the role of sales will be in their organization.
It is an a decent place to work.
Community Relations Manager (Current Employee), Oxford, MSJuly 11, 2013
It is an ok place to work. Very driven by census and numbers. I have a great team working with me and that makes a big difference. If you can maintain the numbers it can be a great place to work. They pay weekly and great mileage reimbursement.
Serving patients and families through interactions with physicians and community abroad
Community Relations Manager (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 26, 2013
The typical hours are 8:30am til 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Every morning at 8:30am begins with a Staff conference call. From 9am til 4:30pm I visit anywhere from 8-15 accounts (Physicians offices, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, community events, hospitals) and discuss hospice care with referral sources. I establish contracts in facilities – more... and do liaison work in getting patients the hospice care needed. I am the marketer of the Davidson county area in Nashville, TN. I have been with hospice just under 2 years. I have learned vast information regarding medicare and medicaid, HIPPA, etc. rules and regulations. I have learned and taught the community on common misconceptions of hospice and the benefits of having the service. I have become better at relationship building. I came from a "hard" sale selling environment to a "soft"selling environment. Management has more of a focus on administrative concerns. I work on my own unless I call in for support typically. We have separate disciplines. The other disciplines work more together to care for the patients. I work more solo to seek and get the patients. My coworkers consist of nurses, chaplains, aides, social workers, medical directors, team coordinator, volunteer coordinator, and the office administrator. Each has a big heart for helping people. The hardest part of my job is getting physicians to refer to hospice sooner than they do. Some feel hospice is a last minute decision and getting them to understand the benefits of 6 month out vs 2 days away from death is a barrier, but it comes from relationship building. Relationship building has been the most enjoyable. I have been able to take some of the toughest physicians and educate them I can go home happy knowing that due to some of my efforts that patients and families are getting amazing care they need. – less
CNA
CNA (Former Employee), missouri and kansasJune 25, 2013
Pros: people, co workers benifits
Cons: no advancements with out school
great job good people flexable hours bathing, feeding, transferring, and anything else needed
Don't believe the hype...
Case Manager RN (Former Employee), AtlantaMay 17, 2013
1. Poorly managed from top down where your top corporate execs are always friends of friends or someone's family member. This company has a poor business model unless stealing from medicare and undermining the minority community is one.
2. The local level has poor employee morale and turn over is extremely high especially in management.
3. Highly unethical – more... practices of trying to pressure nurses to admit innapropriate patients. Not for once caring if their licence is on the line. Remember its all about the owners money and paying for his multiple houses and lavish parties.
4. You are just a number. This employee could care less about you and your growth.
So. If you are in a position where it is all about the money (although little) then by all means this is the place for you. If you can sell lies and give some care then this is a place for you. However if you hold your profession in high regard and being ethical then this place is NOT for you! – less

1 2 3