HOSPICE ADVANTAGE

HOSPICE ADVANTAGE Employer Reviews

We make an awesome team!
Rn case manger (Current Employee), MinnesotaFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: teamwork, flexible schedule, patient focused.
Cons: if you are not able to manage your time wisely then it would not be a job for you!
When I first started working for hospice advantage within the past year I was told that they had some rough patches and but they were owning up to the mistakes. There was new management, they were doing what they could to make it a better hospice. I wasn't sure if I was making the right move In my career.
Now we have a committed team! Our clinical team consists of RN case managers, hospice aides, music therapy, massage therapy, volunteers - pet therapy, Chapalin, social work, and a physician that we can even call in the middle of the night! Together we all work together to make sure our patients / family's are taken care of to the best of our ability.
There are weeks that are busier than others but what job doesn't??!? We are only on call 1 x week plus one weekend a month which will decrease as we get perdiem nurses. The job is also flexible. I give my job an A+ rating, I've never been happier :)
Hostile environment , bulling& discrimination !!
Nurse (Former Employee), Southaven, MSJanuary 16, 2015
Loved the place before new CSD.. Who is a bully& harasses people& delights in firing& getting others fired . CSD says she doesn't take call& dumps on her nurses. Beware working for this one.. She is more intrested in the budget than the patients! Patients have gone without comfort kits& supplies needed. Call schedule is a mess. She puts her name down.. But gets someone to cover for her . She always threatens people with " there will be consequences ". She doesn't know the job& when you need help she " doesn't know"! They way she treats her fellow nurses & others she supervises is a disgrace to the profession!!
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: no
Cons: 15 minutes maybe
Taking care of 10 or more patients a day.how to deal with patients that can't care for them selves.it was ok.some was lazyand didn;t care about the redisents.working short and can't give them a lot of time had a rush all the time.seeing them smile and say they missed you when you was off.
Worst Hospice job EVER
RN Supervisor (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: nothing
The company is all about making money. They don't care about their staff or patients. High turn over. All PRN staff. On call 24/7. Worst job I ever had. Never allowed a sick day or vacation day as there was no one to cover. Unable to provide great patient care as there is no staff to assist.
work is unstable
PRN (Former Employee), Jackson, MsJanuary 1, 2015
Receive call from office supervisor with a list of Hospice pt to see for week. Leave house and make field visits to end stage dying patients.
Spiritual Care Coordinator/ Bereavement (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: not enough together time
Feel of family. Encouraging family members and patients. This is a great team, working together.
Not an environment for growth, personally or financially.
Clinical (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: not a hospice to call on.
No long term investment in the staff. Hard to provide quality care when the company is more concerned about the numbers. Clinical staff over worked.
Great company to work for
RN, Case Manger (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALOctober 2, 2014
I loved working as a hospice nurse and taking care of patients and helping their families in time of need.
Corporate rules dominate local locations.
Hospice Case Manager (Former Employee), MNSeptember 22, 2014
As a case manager, you would visit hospice clients (in your own vehicle) up to around 10 times a day. Work hours were in the day, but you were also required to do after hour/on-call hours. Since they do not staff many case managers in their local locations, you will be doing on-call (after hours and overnight) regularly, at least 2-3 times a week in addition to your 40 hour/week FT hours. Given that we were working with hospice patients, you could also expect to be called in frequently by patient's families as their family member declines, or passes away. I worked with great people, but did not like the way out-of-state corporate management ruled the office. The company was also far behind when it came to documentation and medical records as everything was recorded on paper. There were no computers or electronic medical records. You were also responsible for following-up on your clients regularly, ensure medications were ordered and shipped, only had one physician to consult with, and needed to assess patients regularly for any changes. Winters were also not good since you had to drive your own vehicle and many of the hospice patients lived in rural areas where snow may not be plowed on the country roads.
I loved this job, but the hours are not set hours.
home health Aide (Former Employee), Pewaukee WiAugust 4, 2014
Pros: no weekends or hoilday
Cons: hours
typical work day is going to see one of your clients that you have schedule for that day. I was a happy and joyful work environment . Just for me i needed more stable hours at least forty a week.
RUN
prefer not to show (Former Employee), lakeview roseville, MNJuly 13, 2014
Cons: high company car fees, high insurance, lots of over time, no patient care coming first
This place is a MESS. Run do not walk, they are even hiring people never in the medical field to do sales and other positions. They do not know the market and it's a bumbling mess to watch. RUN.
Home enviorment with client centered care
Direct care worker (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 10, 2014
Great support from co-workers, provided direct care to patients suffering from a variety of illnesses.
Ethics free, forget about patient care
Nurse (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 5, 2014
Pros: none i can think of.
Cons: dishonest and unethical management. unpaid overtime.
In a year of working with Hospice Advantage, not one corporate employee ever talked about patient care, only getting and keeping more patients and making money. Company has no ethics and is run on nepotism. O.K. pay, lousy benefit package. Constant, massive employee turnover.
Jackson, MS office has poor management. communication sucks,
rn (Former Employee), jackson, msJuly 1, 2014
Pros: patients
Cons: management sucked, poor communication from managment, lack of training chaotic on call
poor communication, no hours, on call is horrible, poor training for new employees. covers a wide area. big turn over. not a good place to work or to obtain professional growth. management incompetent to lead, unprofessional and rude.
CNA duties
Home Hospice Aide (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 2, 2014
Basic CNA duties. Assist patients with activities of daily living; bathing, oral care, incontinence care, nail care, etc... I travel to facilities and or patient homes.
A great job .
Volunteer (Current Employee), Dothan, ALFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Its very slow paced. Its always work to be done its always ways to help out. The workers there are very nice. There is nothing I don't like when it comes to volunteering at Wiregrass Hospice.
Patient care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: pros: looking at the greatest job anyone could ask for
Cons: cons: no health insurance
Getting to my First patient home before 8:00 Am Shower Assist with clean Bed Liens, making sure that they have enough supplies to last them until I see them next. You always learning something new in the medical feild espically your patient what are there likes and dis-likes and how to handle things under pressure.Management you will always have good and bad but that come with the Job. Co-workers are great when you have the right one you are working with. The hardest part of my job is when I feel that I haven't seen my patient smile or they are in pain.Enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I did the VERY BEST and make someone day.
great team dedicated to quality care
Team Coordinator (Current Employee), Lee's Summit, MOJanuary 31, 2014
A typical day at work would entail not knowing what the day will bring. Flexibility and time management and key to providing great customer service and also meeting required deadlines. The best part of the job is meeting so many amazing families!
Great Company
Administrator (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJanuary 17, 2014
I enjoyed working with the People that worked there.
I really like doing this kind of work
Poor Management, Rude Staff
Staff (Current Employee), Athens, GADecember 31, 2013
Cons: long hours, constant meetings
Bottom line is money not patients, do not work for this company.

1 2 3 4