Hospice Advantage Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible place
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 25, 2016
Prior to being bought by Compassus, the company had a lot of chiefs and not too many Indians, after being bought the number of chiefs felt like it multiplied x 4 and there was no increase in Indians. The work/personal life balance is heavily weighted on the work side. The promises that were made prior to being hired never came to pass.
Pros
more flexibility than the hospital
Cons
very long workdays, little backup from administrator or middle management
for profit-poor work enviroment
RN (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 23, 2016
for profit inpatient hospice facility. poorly staffed, high patient/nurse ratio. It's all about making a profit and using medicare funds inappropriately.
Pros
weekly pay check
Cons
no breaks, only nurse on shift, high patient/nurse ratio
Great to work for and with great people
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIMay 3, 2016
A great company with lots of great people. Dedicated to giving the best in end of life care. its truly about care comfort and compassion for the whole family
productive
Business Management - Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 24, 2016
It was quite an experience working and interning with this company. I have seen a lot of things that I did not want to see. I would not work for this company.
Excellent company - except for Finance Director
Reimbursement Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 26, 2016
I enjoyed everything about my position with Hospice Advantage. However, the Finance Director (to whom I reported directly) was not comfortable with me and my previous relationship with the owner, other managers, and the business in general. He went out of his way to make my job very difficult to do. Ultimately, I left.
Pros
Cons
Insecure Finance Director
The absolute worst place your could ever work.
Whatever senior management says (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 4, 2016
Without question, this is the worst company I have ever experienced. There is not one good thing to say about it. I would not consider it a stable company at all.
i have already
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAFebruary 3, 2016
this review has already been sumitted, I loved the job I would still be there but it was part time only. if there was a full time position there i would have taken it
Hospice Advantage
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 22, 2016
This company just thinks of patients as a $ sign and not to the patients health needs.
No way to advance in this career. You are either over worked or over looked.
Pros
Great Nurses and CNA's
Cons
Poor Managment
Very good experience.
volunteer coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, IL/ Elgin,ILJanuary 4, 2016
Hospice Advantage core values are very near and dear to my values in many ways. I am a helper by trade as well as by gift. I have always been able to give and they allows the gifts that you posses to shine bright.
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIDecember 1, 2015
Make your own hours, lots of flexibility. Learned how to admit pt. and care. Hardest part of job is how much drive time between patients.
Pros
Mile payments
Cons
lots of driving
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 28, 2015
Great staff to work with that provided excellent care for all patients. Very skilled staff members with an excellent administrator. Very flexible hours, and easy to rotate call time. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I made a difference. The hardest part of the job was losing a patient. However, I knew that the staff and I provided the best and most comfortable care available.
They are very supportive
Visiting patients (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 10, 2015
Very supportive management.
Co-workers very professional
Getting to spend time with patients was very gratifying.
Even though mine was not a paid position, they treated me fairly.
Average Hospice company
Palliative Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 29, 2015
Average Hospice Company. Great programs and idea's but not fully implemented on the local level. Provided decent but not consistent care.
Sad to go
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAOctober 26, 2015
Fast paced, exciting, devoted work with passionate caregivers delivering end of life care was/is very rewarding in so many ways. I am very sad that the company was bought out by another hospice company who no longer needs our personnel.
Computer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIOctober 14, 2015
was a great opportunity to increase technical skills, contently improving equipment and work with good people would go back if the opportunity arose.
Hospice Advantage is an awesome place to work.
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 3, 2015
The Hospice advantage team is awesome, with co-workers that are compassionate in patient care. Hospice Advantage is about providing great Care Comfort and Compassion to the Patient and their whole family. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be a support for someone else in their time of need and having the support of a whole team of professionals behind me and beside me.
Daily Summary at Hospice Advantage
Palliative Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 27, 2015
My typical day with Hospice Advantage began with either a face to face meeting or a conference call regarding pending hospice referrals and admissions. We shared best practices that made others more successful in their territory in order to help grow the entire regions patient census. I have VERY little managing encouragement, help, advice, etc;, therefore I rely on other Palliative Care Consultants within the company to advise me on the best way to sell the benefit and gift of hospice when patients and families are faced with life ending illnesses. Communication and education are the key goal with patients, families, and also physicians. Physicians do not truly understand the benefit of hospice and are very reluctant to bring up the conversation. Many times myself and my clinical services director have consulted with families to educate them on what hospice can offer them and what a wonderful gift it is even when it is an extremely difficult time in their lives.
Pros
Great working relationships with everyone in the office, allows me to give families some comfort during their last days of life, and educate them on what a true benefit hospice can be.
Cons
No managerial support, very degrading management, and unwilling to perform his duties to help his team succeed.
day in the job
Operations support specialist (Current Employee) –  corporateSeptember 23, 2015
goto work get to my desk check e mail set up user database configure equipemnt for 67 offices and when all computers hardware is assigned i fly out to the office and train the nurses and staff how to use the equipment. also handle 24/7 tech support from my laptop.
Pros
great company
Cons
was sold
No work life balance
Clinical Services Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2015
Your always working even when your off the clock. The more you give the more is expected. Patient care goes lacking because of load put on nurses and staff
Pros
team of people to work with
Cons
no work life balance
Fulfilling place to work
Community Relations Director (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSSeptember 18, 2015
Fulfilling environment to work in but a lot of stress on meeting numbers. Always a goal to meet.
A lot of windshield time. New to area and need to get established within the community.

2.9