Hospice at Home Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Corruption
Chaplain / Bereavement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MIDecember 17, 2017
I'd prefer not to say much here....its sad when a great hospice turns into a money hungry oragnization above the care for its staff and patients and there families.
Enjoyed what I do
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stevensville, MIMarch 29, 2017
I learned Hospice and much more how to care for the end of life care
and to educate families on the dying process. Suncoast was difficult program to learn, but over time became easier. The difficulty i had was when we would get new admissions. It was very time consuming along with caring for families and dying patients.
Administration needs to change
Chaplain / Bereavement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MIJanuary 23, 2017
Administration is horrible, They are tearing this organization apart and the moral is in a downward spiral. They have no accountability to anyone and they protect only those in management, they have excuse after excuse for their own short comings.
Community Engagement Specialist Responsibilities
Community Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MISeptember 14, 2015
My days consist of grant research and development, grant management, fund raising planning and implementation, engagement within our communities with a team to educate our communities on the many services Hospice at Home has to offer.

The most challenging aspect of the position is the fund development. The most enjoyable is the team of co-workers I am lucky to work with.
A Workplace to Grow In
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIFebruary 11, 2015
At Hospice At Home, I am getting a terrific educational experience; everything I do is in training to prepare for my full-time job after graduation in May 2015. I have handled my own caseload, successfully documented, and reported patient progress to an interdisciplinary team of social workers, nurses, medical director, spiritual care, and aids. My supervisor has let me decide what experiences I need in order to feel confident as a professional social worker as I enter the work force. I cannot express enough my gratitude for this wonderful company as it really lets its employees (and interns) grow in their job as well as promote to higher positions.
Customer satisfaction oriented
Admission Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MINovember 20, 2014
Enjoyed working with patients and families, who appreciated the help.My typical day would include asessing patients for hospice services, bringing them in our program, symptom management and collaborating with Medical Director. Great coworkers and physicians. Requires long hours of work. My position, also, required a lot of driving, which was a challenge sometimes in the winter time.
Pros
Working with one patient and family at one time
Cons
Long work hours and driving
Mission Statement no longer reflected Mission
Hospice RN admissions, phone triage, case manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIApril 8, 2013
Individuals were place in management positions without any previous experience, training with increased expectations on staff to increase the number of admissions completed side-stepping the Medical Directors allowing off-site individual to make verbal certifications for the patients' admissions. One Medical Director has since resigned.
Pros
excellent nursing staff
Cons
very poor management
great environment
HOSPICE HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIDecember 14, 2012
My job was very laid back though it could be stressful at times I loved my co-workers and management
Pros
flexible