Hospice Compassus Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company with Solid Core Values
Director of Clinical Services (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 25, 2016
World changing organization in the field of hospice, palliative, and home care. Busy office with a high census that involves constant change. Management of a large team with the ability to autonomously run each team/office. The hardest part of this job thus far has been the management of different team members and personalities. The most enjoyable part is being able to provide the gift of hospice to so many families within our area.
Terrible company
RN (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTJuly 15, 2016
This is one of the worst companies to work for. No compassion and only looks at pt census and pushes for more pts when no other nurses are available. Administration and payroll are a joke and no communication between employees and administration. No appreciation for employees from corporate. Unable to give the best possible care when trying to fit in 10+pts/day.
Horrible place, horrible staff and management-horrible company to work for
N/A (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 12, 2016
If I could give it NO STARS I would. Terrible company, physicians are disconnected, never supportive to patients or staff; staff could care less about patients only getting their hours, turnover is LARGE, management is terrible and so is corporate and the office staff is even worse!! STAY VERY FAR AWAY-BEWARE!
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING ABOUT THE BATON ROUGE SITE AND CORPORATE IS HORRIBLE
Horrible Place, Look elsewhere
none (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJJuly 10, 2016
Take my advise and look elsewhere! Management is horrible to their employees. ED is like a warden and we are her prisoners. ED just wants her bonus and her referrals. Nothing Else!! Office staff a big click and are very rude. Makes working there a nightmare. Cant trust anyone there!! Revolving door as far as employees. Between layoffs, firings and people whom just can't take it any more. Just look at the number of positions available. Thaty should tell you something. Worst company I ever worked for. With a company name like compassus , its a shame they have none for their employees.
A lot of turnover
HCC (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 5, 2016
Biggest issues is hiring clinical people to run a business and moving accounts around without having any concept of what those accounts are like. One account is just like another mentality.
Horrible, think twice
RN Case Manager, RN Admission nurse (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 27, 2016
Compassus bought out our original company Hospice Advantage. They made promises they did not keep. They push u to make visits to your dying patients quick and rush through the day (to be more productive). The management from local to corporate DOES NOT CARE about the peon employees like the ones who make the relationships with the patients by taking care of them! They don't care about your license, your safety, your health, your family, only about NUMBERS. No I'm not a disgruntled employee, I loved my job, did not want to leave, they left me and MANY other employees no choice. I was not upset about the buy out, I was upset they made promises they would end up not keeping. Also when people are dying....please let's not rush through our time spent with them. This goes against everything I stand for as a hospice nurse. These families deserve our time and attention!! Numerous attempts were made to rectify the situation by myself and other nurses. We were told whoever leaves will be replaced by someone better!! This was told to us by someone from corporate office to our face. If you have any respect for yourself, your license, or the health care professional you will not be here long. If this is your first hospice job please inform yourself of what you are signing up for. It's your job to protect your license. They just want to use it. They do not respect it AEB abusing it!!
Pros
Omaha steaks every quarter that are nasty
Cons
No respect for employees, absolute liars, will use you until you get smart and educate yourself, push you to make too many visits in a day, still do paper charting, the list goes on
Horrible place to work
Cna (Former Employee) –  Flint miMay 18, 2016
I wouldnt recommend anyone to work for them. I was terminated because they didnt like my school schedule. Thats a fact! Then i was the youngest employee they had but all my clients and families loved me.
The company is in acquisition mode for possible M&A
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 15, 2016
Leadership is very adept at securing funding and doing mergers and acquisitions, but not adept at Deming/Total Quality management, in my opinion. My immediate supervisor is a true payroll professional. My immediate team of 4 payroll professionals, including myself, is a very close-knit group. My main reason for leaving is that I would like to live in San Francisco.

I am the lead payroll administrator. When the Payroll Director is out of pocket, I am the go-to person. We have a lot of respect and trust for each other. My team is excellent.
Pros
Secure job, Great payroll team.
Cons
Payroll system (Workday) leaves much to be desired.
Life time rewarding workplace and provides high quality care for patients and family
Chaplain and Grief Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wrightsville, GAMay 5, 2016
A typical day at work is spending 90 percent of your time with family, patients, and staff providing compassion, care, and comfort as needed to each family. It is very rewarding and self accomplishment business where each staff at the end of the day will have a sense of accomplishment by helping the terminally ill patient and their family during these difficult transitions.
Working in this environment is a daily learning experience as a staff learn how to appreciate life and not take it for granted from the dying. Another rewarding and fulfilling day comes from a strong supportive co-workers and administrative who units to provide high quality professional services to this population. The hardest part of this job is establishing a rapport with a family and patient and watching them die and there is nothing you can do to sustain their lives. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the terminal and life discover a sense of peace and fulfillment.
Pros
Providing comfort and compassion to the dying. Excellent financial stability for full time staff.
Cons
Financial instability for non-full time employee
The worst Hospice Co I've ever worked for.
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 21, 2016
I have never before worked for a health care organization that has such a HUGE turnover rate in staff, especially RN's. Within a matter of 4 months, a total of 4 RN's were hired, then resigned. RN's are overworked and have a caseload of almost 18+patients. . There is an Executive Director who makes working at Compassus EXTREMELY uncomfortable and doesn't acknowledge her staff, only her 'favorites'. A simple Good Morning, Leads to really uncomfortable stares up and down, to walking right by you, looking right through you, like you're nothing. Very belittling. Emotionless. Just plain rude. Not very approachable. Making certain employees very uncomfortable with comments such as, 'wow, you're wearing a dress today', to 'you won't be needed anymore after today,' telling a PRN employee this in front of staff in a sarcastically rude way. Then there's the Director of Clinical Services who is CONSTANTLY complaining and cursing in front of staff because they have to go see patients for one of their RN's who are out sick or because there is no coverage. Constant eye rolling because they do not want to take calls from patients, pharmacy, or someone requesting to speak to a supervisor due to patient care. Constant complaining of paper charting and not being able to locate certain paperwork causing the office staff/medical records to feel like they're not doing their job correctly. Also very belittling. Not very approachable. Also very rude. Makes the workplace uncomfortable. Walks around upset all the time. The constant pressure to admit patients in a hurry  more... with not enough staff, all for numbers. How can management enforce the 'Open Door Policy' to all staff if there's ever a need to talk, or need support, when it is nearly impossible to approach them. The office environment is truly uncomfortable and negative, and you can just feel it. Truly feeling management doesn't care for their staff, it's all for numbers. All patient care staff are truly angels, just management lacks compassion. The hardest part of my job was having the courage to show up every day, knowing I was not respected or supported.  less
Pros
Great health insurance benefits /compensation. Free Omaha Steaks.
Cons
POOR MANAGEMENT! PAPER CHARTING.
Disgusting company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 5, 2016
About the most incompetent management I've ever seen. Micro-management on steroids. Very discriminatory practices. Walks a fine line of Medicare fraud with bonuses paid to sales and gifts given to referral sources. Not enough money to be treated like an animal. Great at destroying morale.
Pros
Cons
Management is clueless
A good job to start
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Typical day involves a lot of responding to emails.
daily mileage

management- depends on who your working for.

Co workers are positive sometimes.

Hardest part of the job is balancing duties because a lot of situation come up spure of the moment.

enjoyable is talking to patients.
Pros
they provide lunch
Cons
lack of management
worst company to work for
Hospice Admissions RN (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 28, 2016
The higher ups are only concerned about money,, bonuses and profits. No concerns for employees. They expect emplyees to be salary and work all day
Pros
Cons
disrespectful of employees
Great place to work at
RN-CM PRN (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 26, 2016
working for Hospice Compassus is like the word says it very compassionate work. Great people to work with.The hardest part may be time management, and getting through your day on time. If you want work, go to Compassus. If you are energetic and full of compassion this is the place to work for. If you don't mind driving all over and make a career as a hospice nurse I recommend this work place.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
lots of traveling, lots of work
Wonderful place to work at.
Hospice Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 13, 2016
Working as a volunteer, we were well trained, kept informed, offered many opportunities and wonderful people to work with.
Sales and Marketing
Hospice Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 5, 2016
Provided education and consultation on hospice services. This company is a national company and is building its brand across the state of South Carolina.
Unethical Leadership
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Great Benefits. Good Pay. Poor leadership from Executive Director. Many unethical issues. Director of Business Development runs the show and pressures nursing staff to sign on patients that do not qualify for hospice.
Good Company to work for
Undergraduate IT Intern (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 25, 2016
Good place to work for, it is a very fast growing company with great managers and co workers. Workday was pretty laid back.
Patient care is amazing; clinical team is amazing; support team is great.
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day was a minimum of 11 hours but often was 12+ hours. I loved contact with patients/families/caregivers even when they were complaining. I felt I was making a difference and the team was making a difference. Mid to upper management was poor. The focus was always on numbers/money and not the patients. During my time at Hospice Compassus, middle management was increased and the person in that position is over paid. Middle management was not a benefit in fact, the person in middle management was a hindrance. In addition, that person had a sharp tongue and made team members feel very small without blinking an eye. Her counterpart manager was fake and thought those she talked to were not smart enough to see through it which was extremely insulting. Co-workers were one of the best part of this job. The team was committed to their patients and provided the best care possible under unreasonable circumstances. The worst part of this job was the expectation to care for patients under pronounced restrictions. There was lack of appreciation from management for hard work. The company cares about being the biggest rather than being the best, to the detriment of the patients and staff.
I learned a lot while working there; what I want to be and what I expect but more importantly what I do not want to be. Management lacks integrity and compassion which are two of the three company values.
Pros
Colleagues were wonderful; Salary; PTO
Cons
Management; long hours; balance of work and home life
Great, great, great
Hospice RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2016
This company is awesome, sure they have their ups and downs in regards to management or job functions, but overall it's awesome. They treat all their employees with respect, and you really feel like you matter to them and that your job is integral to the mission, so to speak. The pay is good, and you get paid for miles, which is really nice. I would definitely recommend to anyone wanting a respectful workplace and good pay. Your schedule is completely up to you, and you can move your visits around to any day during that week, and start/finish whenever you want. You don't have to goto the office unless it's for a meeting or you need something. Super autonomous.
Pros
good pay, great schedule, autonomy
Cons
driving a lot

2.9