Hospice Compassus

Hospice Compassus Employer Reviews

Enjoyed working at Hospice Compassus
Case Manager Full Time (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: pleasant work environment
Cons: frequent change in director of clinical services was an adjustment each time. hopefully, this is now resolved.
I found my experience with this company rewarding and very educational. Medical Directors were always insightful, helpful and provided a lot of education at staff meetings.
Administrator was delightful, caring of our patients and of his employees.
Excellent co-workers
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 10, 2014
Pros: good nurses
Cons: poor corporate management and involvement
Corporate company which does not care about its people. The office atmosphere was horrible. The nurses were exceptionally caring women.
worst place I have ever worked
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, tnMay 5, 2014
Cons: work overload, not flexible with scheduling, poor mgt, paper work, no computers all paper charting, absolutely no help
This company is all about the bottom line!! They do not care at all about the staff. They run the nurses into the ground!!! With over 20pt work load on an 8 hr shift. Can't be done. Over 100hrs of call a month and that's if no one is fired or quits.
If you get all your work done and your pts tucked in your work day is 10-12hr.
Forget about your family, – more... you will never see them.
It's not a 5 day a week 8 hr day it's 24/7.
The company is very dishonest and misleading with its "integrity" motto. – less
THE BEST PLACE TO WORK!!
LPN (Former Employee), Columbia, MOApril 14, 2014
Management, including upper management, went over the top to accomodate the needs of their employees.
I believe in their work ethics!
Very blessed to of worked there...
Great Co-workers
Case Manager/Translator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great benefits
Cons: fast turnaround
Excellent group of nurses, lots of teamwork in place. Flexible schedules
Volunteer
Non-Clinical Volunteer (Current Employee), Joplin, MOJanuary 29, 2014
Working for Hospice Compassus helped me learn more about my career field. I learned how to use the CERNER program, med entry and how to input time logs. The hardest part of this job was learning the different processes for med entry and time logs. I loved the job as it was a challenge.
Overall a good company for those experienced in hospice
Hospice Care Consultant (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Good company for those experienced in hospice. Objectives and goals are well stated.
Great patient and families -- poor management
Admissions Nurse (Former Employee), Payson, AZJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: great coworkers - awesome patient/family interactions.
Cons: poor management, no advancement opportunity & money -not patient driven.
I loved the patients and families and being able to make a difference in a very difficult and emotional time in their lives. As far as everything else - the bottom line is money - overtime was expected regardless of any personal plans you may have. Management - in my opinion should have had a clinical background since they were making decisions based – more... from the clinical situation. I was never really offered any training but was expected to complete certain expectations - when I had asked for training they would tell me sure but then nothing would ever transpire. The bottom line is they are money driven to the point of being ridiculous sometimes and no room for advancement. – less
Enjoyed visiting with patients and families.
Staff RN (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 10, 2013
Pros: great relationships with fellow employees.
Cons: long admission processes and on-call.
Management team was very supportive. Loved, loved, loved the 2 Dr's associated with our company.
Empathetic, comforting care provided to patients and family
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 25, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: poor management. swearing, disorganized, sloppy, disrespectful
I loved being able to see someone end their life in their own home with family around them with as little pain and suffering as possible. We all have to die, and with hospice I was able to see people who had suffered and dealt with pain and treatments to finally relax and be at peace. Very rewarding.
Great co-workers, awesome nurses and aides.
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 13, 2013
Be prepared to work a 10-12 hr day if you are salaried. I learned a lot about cost saving measures. The most enjoyable part of the job was cultivating a team of professionals to do whatever needed to be done for the patients and maintaining positivity & cohesiveness.
Hostel work environment at times
Team Coordinator (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILOctober 12, 2013
Pros: collegues
Cons: bad managment
A typical day at work involves patient care. I have learned how to cope with hostel work environments. Management has frequent turnovers and some were unprofessional and not supportive at all. My coworkers were hard workers and provided team work. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with such a large work load. The most enjoyable part of the – more... job was knowing I make a difference. – less
Work to provide the greatest possible comfort and care for those who experience one of life’s most intimate and challenging moments
CNA Hospice (Current Employee), Willow Grove, PASeptember 29, 2013
A typical day at work would be am care for all patients. Assist with transfers and all meals.
Provide good place to give excellent patient care.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Slidell, LASeptember 18, 2013
Enjoyed my time with this company. Left only after downsizing eliminated my position.
director
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee), Alexandria, LASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: satisfaction of type of work
Cons: patient deaths
Management of all staff on daily work; review of all documentation; review all admissions and recertifications; overview of budget items responsible for. The staff worked well with each other. the hardest part was the overall work load at times. The best part was working with patients.
End of life caregiving
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Duncan, SCSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: gaining a trusting relationship with different patients and their families
Cons: losing a patient who you've become close to
I really enjoyed assisting my patients and their families with anything needed. I got to work with nursing facilities, families, and RN case managers to help give top notch care to every patient.
They have hired and kept experts.
Executive Director, North Texas (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 6, 2013
A typical day in most of healthcare today is watching labor costs on an hourly basis.
One of the Best Company to Work for
Hospice Aide (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 13, 2013
I have been here almost 5 years and it the best relationship I have ever had. Hospice Compassus is not just a company. We are a family. I enjoy every part of my day, from the GOOD MORNING emails, and to Enjoy the rest of Your day. The management team as always made an effort to make our schedule as flexible as possible. The hardest part of my jobs is – more... going on vacation and worring about my families. I have been privilege to go into some great families and share some loved families members. I take home a piece of my families everyday. – less
do not work for this company
Hospice Care Consultant (Former Employee), IAJuly 22, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: managment, lack of organzation, poor support system
was a horrible experience....very inconsistent with what was told to me in the initial interview
Compassionless corporate culture
Sales (Former Employee), New MexicoJuly 16, 2013
Pros: good pto plan..if they don't steal it from you
Cons: horrible catastrophic health plan 3000.00 deductible
It's hard to believe the corporate entities who have no qualms about cutting an employee from their ranks are overseeing the care of dying people. The employee turnover is ongoing and after being terminated with no prior warning was denied any of my accumulated time (one week) having never called in sick to be paid to me..
The company motto is Compassion, – more... Integrity and Excellence..all great sound bites that isn't practiced..the biggest concern of this company is their bottom line. – less

1 2 3

About Hospice Compassus

Opening its first hospice in 1979, Hospice Compassus is a family of community-based hospices. Our nationwide network is a vast – Read more