Hospice Compassus

Hospice Compassus Employee Reviews

It's all about the $$$ and not about the pts
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Prescott Valley, AZJune 2, 2015
Pros: My patients, free Omaha steaks
Cons: Management, Productivity model, new admits more important than current pts
I live in a small town and thought the way this company treated their employees was due to lack of other options but after reading the reviews I find that my experience with this company is not unique. First I want to say that I have been a Hospice RN for 8 years; I love my role. My patients are my utmost concern and I will forever be their advocate. Most of my co-workers followed the same work ethic and was a great group to work with. Management not so much. I parted ways with this company because their "productivity model" is absurd and impossible. It is either put in place to set you up for failure or have you work for free; I'm thinking the latter. I had a 20 pt workload that I was expected to complete in 36hr. My necessary drive time (which was 40-50 min each way) and my necessary paperwork time was considered "nonproductive" time and not included in those 36hr. And then throw an admission in there forget it. Because we have never received the computers promised everything is done on paper and takes twice as long. If you want to work long hrs, no family life, and only recognized when you make the company unhappy then this is the company for you!!!
Dedicated staff, terrible management!
Chaplain (Former Employee), Bedford, NHMay 6, 2015
Pros: wonderful staff, patients and families
Cons: salary, lack of benefits, unscrupulous and unethical management team.
This was my job! I loved the patients and the team and learned a lot about being a hospice chaplain here. The down side was that this particular office changed ownership 3x in less than 2 years. Each time, the job description and hours were adjusted. We went from a full time chaplain having 30 patients per week, to a full time chaplain having 85 patients and climbing. Each time the change went into effect, benefits were cut as well as time. The result was that the chaplain spends only 20-25% of the time caring for patients, and the rest administrative work. That made it time to leave the job. Beware! This company does not follow NH labor laws. You will be made promises which are not kept. I would stay away...it is a shame though. The staff is the best I've ever worked with. They are knowledgeable, caring and dedicated. Unfortunately, they are also worked to death and given no credit for their efforts.
I loved this job.
RN (Former Employee), Peoria, ILApril 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent job
Cons: Not enough staff.
The work was very rewarding. We just didn't have enough staff to continue working there. I was working sometimes 40 plus hours without a break and I could not continue to do that.
Tiight Knit Team of Compassionate People
Hospice Care Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is changing patients families lives by providing the best services. I also loved meeting with families and having the difficult conversations.
Caring ethical working envioment
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Bullhead City, AZApril 5, 2015
Pros: Supportive
Cons: Very depanding time and mental emotional involment.
I very much enjoy the home hospice work environment. They are a great team. The working with the hospice patient and family is very rewarding. Down side is all I seem to do is work. No family time for myself.
Great Company
Business Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Farmington Hills MichiganMarch 24, 2015
It was a very educational experience and I enjoyed most of my time there. In the begining I really enjoyed my position with this company but there at the end there was a large change in management and I was not pleased with the direction my position was going. The best part of my position there was the chance to make a difference in the day to day life of our employees.
Excellent company
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: on call
A great company to work for.
Very flexible.
Open learning environment.
Strong staff.
Great benefits.
Supportive management.
very caring place to work
Case Manager Nurse (Former Employee), Grove, PADecember 27, 2014
Pros: caring
This was a great job & I only left to be able to work from home for a previous employer. The management was caring & always acknowledged hard work. They sought creative solutions to problems. I would highly recommend this office!
a mess
hospice consultant (Former Employee), dallasDecember 23, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: everything else
Horrible management the hospice industry as a whole is a disgrace. This company only cares about the bottom line.
overall good company
LPN/ Hospice Care Consultant (Former Employee), Monroe, LADecember 10, 2014
Pros: compensation/pto
Cons: micro-management of staff
Spent days in field attempting to grow business. Most co workers were very helpful and kind.Learned a tremendous amount about the benefits of hospice. Was let go abruptly with no warning. They were very numbers driven with unattainable goals. Nurses were great and very compassionate but sometimes forced to work long hours.Chaplain and MSW very empathetic and able to connect with patients and families. Not a bad place to work.
Amazing Organization
Internship (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2014
Amazing organization to work for. Employees are team-driven and the company is very family oriented.
Great nurses, poor management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Somewhere, USANovember 1, 2014
Pros: great rn case managers, patients
Cons: bad management, inconsistent pay
Worked as an on-call RN case manager. Was often sent out to deliver cookies and potato chips miles away from dying patients and then criticized for not being available for real emergencies. Also, was sent out to do "emergency" admissions in blizzards and continually harassed by my manager when I objected to putting my life in danger. Would consistently arrive to do emergency admissions only to find patients who did not meet admission criteria. Struggled to receive all of my earned pay at the scheduled time, as well. The best parts about this job were the RN case managers ( not the DCS's), the patients, and leaving. Wouldn't recommend that anyone work for this company.
This is an excellent company.to work with.
Case Manager Nurse (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIOctober 16, 2014
Pros: salary, great team of people to work with
Cons: on call in many counties, constant change in management.
Long days
on call
Helping patients and families with dying love one.
Great team of compassionate people
The most rewarding part about this job was helping the families make it through a rough time in their life.
hardest part about this job was being on call in many counties with limited staffing on the weekend.
Decent company with great benefits
Hospice Care Consultant (Medical Sales Rep) (Former Employee), houston, txOctober 7, 2014
Company is solid, job security is not. Must know how to get on peoples "right side" to advance.
Good staff. Great place to work. good pay. Good work schedules
Registered Nurse/Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 3, 2014
Cons: na
Good staff. Great place to work. good pay. Good work schedules
Terrible work environment
. (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MISeptember 26, 2014
would not recommend. Management can not be trusted. Job duties change everyday without warning.
best co- workers around, terrible corporate and executive management
n/a (Former Employee), IllinoisSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: patients and great co-workers
Cons: healthcare, pay, no courtsey for a job well done, disrespectful management and unattainable goals
Enjoyed working with patients and very knowledgeable co workers from nurses, social workers, chaplain and clerical staff. But everyone having too large of caseloads in too many different counties unable to effectively care for patients appropriately. Management no help due to their over work yet executive directors and other management can sit around and have lunches and dinners while the rest of us run around like chickens with our heads cut off... but we are told more numbers, more patients which always leads too less care
Great PTO
Team Coordinator (Current Employee), Lafayette, LASeptember 10, 2014
One of my favorite things about working here is the Paid Time Off. Whether I need to take off for family time, appointments, or sick time I know that I'm covered.
Enjoyed to team concept of this company
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits, very good to their employees
Cons: not enough training.
Typically I made visits to terminally ill patients to assess them to take steps to manage pain and comfort. I often did admissions as well. I learned much about the dying process though I feel that I was not trained well enough as to how to fully recognize end of life symptoms. Most of my co-workers were really great to work with and made the job fun. Hardest part of this job was that I became involved with patients and their families at the worst possible time in their lives and they often need a scapegoat to blame things on. Also the sad feeling of helping them accept that their is nothing to be done to save their loved one.
Enjoyed working at Hospice Compassus
Case Manager Full Time (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: pleasant work environment
Cons: frequent change in director of clinical services was an adjustment each time. hopefully, this is now resolved.
I found my experience with this company rewarding and very educational. Medical Directors were always insightful, helpful and provided a lot of education at staff meetings.
Administrator was delightful, caring of our patients and of his employees.

1 2 3 4

About Hospice Compassus

Opening its first hospice in 1979, Hospice Compassus is a family of community-based hospices. Our nationwide network is a vast – Read more

Hospice Compassus Salaries