Hospice Compassus Employee Reviews

Unethical Leadership
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Great Benefits. Good Pay. Poor leadership from Executive Director. Many unethical issues. Director of Business Development runs the show and pressures nursing staff to sign on patients that do not qualify for hospice.
Good Company to work for
Undergraduate IT Intern (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 25, 2016
Good place to work for, it is a very fast growing company with great managers and co workers. Workday was pretty laid back.
Patient care is amazing; clinical team is amazing; support team is great.
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day was a minimum of 11 hours but often was 12+ hours. I loved contact with patients/families/caregivers even when they were complaining. I felt I was making a difference and the team was making a difference. Mid to upper management was poor. The focus was always on numbers/money and not the patients. During my time at Hospice Compassus, middle management was increased and the person in that position is over paid. Middle management was not a benefit in fact, the person in middle management was a hindrance. In addition, that person had a sharp tongue and made team members feel very small without blinking an eye. Her counterpart manager was fake and thought those she talked to were not smart enough to see through it which was extremely insulting. Co-workers were one of the best part of this job. The team was committed to their patients and provided the best care possible under unreasonable circumstances. The worst part of this job was the expectation to care for patients under pronounced restrictions. There was lack of appreciation from management for hard work. The company cares about being the biggest rather than being the best, to the detriment of the patients and staff.
I learned a lot while working there; what I want to be and what I expect but more importantly what I do not want to be. Management lacks integrity and compassion which are two of the three company values.
Pros
Colleagues were wonderful; Salary; PTO
Cons
Management; long hours; balance of work and home life
Great, great, great
Hospice RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2016
This company is awesome, sure they have their ups and downs in regards to management or job functions, but overall it's awesome. They treat all their employees with respect, and you really feel like you matter to them and that your job is integral to the mission, so to speak. The pay is good, and you get paid for miles, which is really nice. I would definitely recommend to anyone wanting a respectful workplace and good pay. Your schedule is completely up to you, and you can move your visits around to any day during that week, and start/finish whenever you want. You don't have to goto the office unless it's for a meeting or you need something. Super autonomous.
Pros
good pay, great schedule, autonomy
Cons
driving a lot
Good teamwork atmosphere
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SCJanuary 1, 2016
Good training and opportunities to get to know other team members with initial ride-alongs, no rush to start seeing patients right away. Positive team atmosphere, involved medical director, caring and compassionate nurses and aides.
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
frequent pressure to admit patients in a hurry
Wonderful people with wonderful goals
Hospice Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSDecember 20, 2015
Loved the overall atmosphere of patient satisfaction as the main goal. I absolutely loved the supervisors and their devotion to family first.
Pros
wonderful benefits
Cons
attachement to patients
Excessive workload and poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVNovember 26, 2015
I loved the patient care but the workload was unrealistic! Call was way too much on top of your workload. Workday don't end when you get home since you still have charting to do for another 3-4 hours on all your patients. Management only cares about census and money. The management does not have their patients nor their employees as a priority. Medical director is a rude and inconsiderate physician with no respect for his staff or patients and their families.
Pros
Spending time with patients and their families
Cons
Unrealistic workload
no time for family life. Very understaffed. Expected more than one person could do in a 8 hr. time period.
RN (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVNovember 20, 2015
More work than could get accomplished. No time for family life. Management was to money oriented. Unable to take PTO's unless you worked twice as hard before and after PTO's taken. Very unsure of management integrety
Pros
i enjoyed the work I did because of the patients
Cons
Not enough RN's
Soulless company
Hospice Care Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New MexicoOctober 28, 2015
Compassion should not be part of their branding. They are ruthless, heartless business people and nothing else. The bottom line is their main focus and if it's not met they'll drop you in a heartbeat...run don't walk!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Chaotic management.
productive fast pace work environment
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 15, 2015
Not a lot of help from some of the team members with training but I learned a lot of new skills that can help me in my search for the career for me
Pros
New knowledge
Cons
Some of the team members

Want to know more about Hospice Compassus?

Ask a question
Productive and Fun workplace!! Love this Job!
Hospice Care Consutant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 5, 2015
One of the most rewarding jobs I have ever worked in. Making the decision to go onto hospice is the most difficult choice anyone can make and this team is there to help through the journey. I am honored to work with this amazing team of professionals who are dedicated to providing excellent care to their patients. The service industry is not perfect as we are People helping People that being said, it takes a special heart to come to the aide at the end of ones life and I work with these professionals. From the Director to the aide, No one is above taking out a bag of depends when a family requests it. Hospice is a very stressful job where you give of yourself daily and don’t always hear thank you but I Choose to be here because of the internal rewards of blessing another.
As a team we proudly serve our community and we do it with heart.
Pros: Work independently
Cons: Be self motivate daily
Pros
Work Independently with an AWESOME team!
Cons
Be Self Motivated Daily
At the end of the day, business is business
Admissions Nurse/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, WVSeptember 30, 2015
I have had no typical days at work. The most enjoyable part is helping those in need. The hardest part is not being rewarded for helping those in need.
Run for your life, this place is a nightmare.
Health Care Consultant (HCC) (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 28, 2015
Great Employees that are very dedicated and strive to give excellent service to their customers and families.

Management is the worst I have every worked for. Very little support for the Healthcare Consultants. Management constantly lies and gives different answers to the same question to different employees. Very chaotic environment.

Nursing staff and aides are dedicated to the families they serve. Administrative staff is also very good. Management is in over their heads. I would not recommend working here in a Health Care Consultant capacity.
Poor moral, over-worked.
Staff (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 28, 2015
I was excited to join this company, but soon realized there are favorites among the staff. Poor performance and complaints from families and facilities gets you a raise and whatever caseload you want. Actually caring and hard work gets you no where, and burned out! Never proactive, always reactive to issues with staff, facilities, patients,etc. Constantly dumping work off on others.
Poor orientation, lack of support, and you're only heard when you threaten to quit or at the end of your rope.
Referrals are pushed like crazy, and I don't agree with FORCING families to sign onto hospice. It's all about the almighty dollar here, and it's sad.
Pros
No nights, weekends
Cons
poor orientation, no support, sneaky
Very rewarding nursing career
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2015
I have learned a lot about impact of death and dying on patients as well as their families. I have enjoyed it, I am interested in branching out into other areas of nursing.
Management has very high turnover because they are unsure of how to do their jobs
Hospice Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 11, 2015
awful awful place. The Baton Rouge location is a circus side show. Management only cares about numbers, and they don't care how you meet ur quotas. They push patients to go on hospice when they are not appropriate. The managers are simply care about $
Cons
pathetic management; unethical
Will eat you alive!!!!!!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNSeptember 1, 2015
RN Case Managers are constantly on call 24/7 because the upper management is incapable of hiring reliable employees. Little to no orientation provided to new employees. This company values money over the patients and employees. They pay their hospice care consultants bonuses for bringing in a certain number of referrals/admissions, but can't spare an extra dime for much needed additional personnel. Some RNs see12 patients a day, driving over 200 miles, and working nearly 12 hour days. Almost impossible to take time off. No job security. Rather than provide a learning environment to nurses who weren't properly trained in the first place, they'll fire them. Very bad clique environment bordering on bullying, not just of new RNs but also of veteran RNs. There is no team vibe to this office. Every person for themselves. Questionable practices based on very loose interpretation of federal guidelines. The only reason this office remains open is due to the absolute dedication of the RNs and CNAs to their patients. Management will stab you in the back to cover themselves. Overall bad environment. I don't know of any current employee who has any satisfaction working here. Spent hours listening to most of them complain about how horrible the company is. Also admitting and maintaining patients who questionably qualify for services. Emergency late night admissions are a norm here. Most unnecessary. Would never recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Compassionate staff
Cons
Too many to list concisely
A high degree of job satisfaction with long hours.
PRN and Case Manager held (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2015
I saw my caseload of patients weekly with bi weekly team meetings, including Medical Directors. As the caseload varied both in location and acuity, a typical day could last 8-14 hours. weekly and weekend on call shifts were mandatory and could keep me up another shift, after which I had to continue the next day's work. The team, co workers and management were excellent. The opportunities for learning time management and developing techniques for conducting difficult conversations were invaluable.
Pros
All documentation was done on paper.
Cons
Long hours.
Learn a lot of job skills
Internship (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TennesseeJuly 13, 2015
A typical day at work would be first you check emails to see if any clients need immediate services, or if there are any new clients that have to be assessed. You would then prioritize your clients on the basis of need. Then you go on home visits and check to see if the families or the patients have any needs that we can help with. After see or talking to clients there is documentation that has to be filled out and filed. When a client would have certain needs you would have to find resources for that need. When you have new patients you fill out an assessment with the client and their families. In this job you have to have people skills, which I learned well from my supervisor. In this internship I learned a lot about people and different cultures. I learned how to get resources for clients, I learned that just listening to people when their loved one is dying helps so very much. My co-workers were very helpful in teaching me job skills. The hardest part of the job was the paperwork. What I enjoyed most about this job was the interaction with the clients and their families.
Pros
You are not always in the office, and a lot of client engagement.
Cons
Sometimes long hours.
Company will eat their young for a referral!
RN (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 8, 2015
Upper management cares about one thing: MONEY!! They keep toxic and poor employees if they are generating referrals and run off good people who really care. They chase their bottom line like its the only thing that matters. Slimy upper managers who think they are better than they actually are and promote a two faced environment.