Hospice Compassus

Hospice Compassus Employer Reviews

Amazing Organization
Internship (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2014
Amazing organization to work for. Employees are team-driven and the company is very family oriented.
Great nurses, poor management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Somewhere, USANovember 1, 2014
Pros: great rn case managers, patients
Cons: bad management, inconsistent pay
Worked as an on-call RN case manager. Was often sent out to deliver cookies and potato chips miles away from dying patients and then criticized for not being available for real emergencies. Also, was sent out to do "emergency" admissions in blizzards and continually harassed by my manager when I objected to putting my life in danger. Would consistently – more... arrive to do emergency admissions only to find patients who did not meet admission criteria. Struggled to receive all of my earned pay at the scheduled time, as well. The best parts about this job were the RN case managers ( not the DCS's), the patients, and leaving. Wouldn't recommend that anyone work for this company. – less
This is an excellent company.to work with.
Case Manager Nurse (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIOctober 16, 2014
Pros: salary, great team of people to work with
Cons: on call in many counties, constant change in management.
Long days
on call
Helping patients and families with dying love one.
Great team of compassionate people
The most rewarding part about this job was helping the families make it through a rough time in their life.
hardest part about this job was being on call in many counties with limited staffing on the weekend.
Decent company with great benefits
Hospice Care Consultant (Medical Sales Rep) (Former Employee), houston, txOctober 7, 2014
Company is solid, job security is not. Must know how to get on peoples "right side" to advance.
Good staff. Great place to work. good pay. Good work schedules
Registered Nurse/Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 3, 2014
Cons: na
Good staff. Great place to work. good pay. Good work schedules
Terrible work environment
. (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MISeptember 26, 2014
would not recommend. Management can not be trusted. Job duties change everyday without warning.
best co- workers around, terrible corporate and executive management
n/a (Former Employee), IllinoisSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: patients and great co-workers
Cons: healthcare, pay, no courtsey for a job well done, disrespectful management and unattainable goals
Enjoyed working with patients and very knowledgeable co workers from nurses, social workers, chaplain and clerical staff. But everyone having too large of caseloads in too many different counties unable to effectively care for patients appropriately. Management no help due to their over work yet executive directors and other management can sit around – more... and have lunches and dinners while the rest of us run around like chickens with our heads cut off... but we are told more numbers, more patients which always leads too less care – less
Great PTO
Team Coordinator (Current Employee), Lafayette, LASeptember 10, 2014
One of my favorite things about working here is the Paid Time Off. Whether I need to take off for family time, appointments, or sick time I know that I'm covered.
Enjoyed to team concept of this company
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits, very good to their employees
Cons: not enough training.
Typically I made visits to terminally ill patients to assess them to take steps to manage pain and comfort. I often did admissions as well. I learned much about the dying process though I feel that I was not trained well enough as to how to fully recognize end of life symptoms. Most of my co-workers were really great to work with and made the job fun. – more... Hardest part of this job was that I became involved with patients and their families at the worst possible time in their lives and they often need a scapegoat to blame things on. Also the sad feeling of helping them accept that their is nothing to be done to save their loved one. – less
Enjoyed working at Hospice Compassus
Case Manager Full Time (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: pleasant work environment
Cons: frequent change in director of clinical services was an adjustment each time. hopefully, this is now resolved.
I found my experience with this company rewarding and very educational. Medical Directors were always insightful, helpful and provided a lot of education at staff meetings.
Administrator was delightful, caring of our patients and of his employees.
Excellent co-workers
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 10, 2014
Pros: good nurses
Cons: poor corporate management and involvement
Corporate company which does not care about its people. The office atmosphere was horrible. The nurses were exceptionally caring women.
worst place I have ever worked
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, tnMay 5, 2014
Cons: work overload, not flexible with scheduling, poor mgt, paper work, no computers all paper charting, absolutely no help
This company is all about the bottom line!! They do not care at all about the staff. They run the nurses into the ground!!! With over 20pt work load on an 8 hr shift. Can't be done. Over 100hrs of call a month and that's if no one is fired or quits.
If you get all your work done and your pts tucked in your work day is 10-12hr.
Forget about your family, – more... you will never see them.
It's not a 5 day a week 8 hr day it's 24/7.
The company is very dishonest and misleading with its "integrity" motto. – less
THE BEST PLACE TO WORK!!
LPN (Former Employee), Columbia, MOApril 14, 2014
Management, including upper management, went over the top to accomodate the needs of their employees.
I believe in their work ethics!
Very blessed to of worked there...
Great Co-workers
Case Manager/Translator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great benefits
Cons: fast turnaround
Excellent group of nurses, lots of teamwork in place. Flexible schedules
Volunteer
Non-Clinical Volunteer (Current Employee), Joplin, MOJanuary 29, 2014
Working for Hospice Compassus helped me learn more about my career field. I learned how to use the CERNER program, med entry and how to input time logs. The hardest part of this job was learning the different processes for med entry and time logs. I loved the job as it was a challenge.
Overall a good company for those experienced in hospice
Hospice Care Consultant (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Good company for those experienced in hospice. Objectives and goals are well stated.
Great patient and families -- poor management
Admissions Nurse (Former Employee), Payson, AZJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: great coworkers - awesome patient/family interactions.
Cons: poor management, no advancement opportunity & money -not patient driven.
I loved the patients and families and being able to make a difference in a very difficult and emotional time in their lives. As far as everything else - the bottom line is money - overtime was expected regardless of any personal plans you may have. Management - in my opinion should have had a clinical background since they were making decisions based – more... from the clinical situation. I was never really offered any training but was expected to complete certain expectations - when I had asked for training they would tell me sure but then nothing would ever transpire. The bottom line is they are money driven to the point of being ridiculous sometimes and no room for advancement. – less
Enjoyed visiting with patients and families.
Staff RN (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 10, 2013
Pros: great relationships with fellow employees.
Cons: long admission processes and on-call.
Management team was very supportive. Loved, loved, loved the 2 Dr's associated with our company.
Empathetic, comforting care provided to patients and family
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 25, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: poor management. swearing, disorganized, sloppy, disrespectful
I loved being able to see someone end their life in their own home with family around them with as little pain and suffering as possible. We all have to die, and with hospice I was able to see people who had suffered and dealt with pain and treatments to finally relax and be at peace. Very rewarding.
Great co-workers, awesome nurses and aides.
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 13, 2013
Be prepared to work a 10-12 hr day if you are salaried. I learned a lot about cost saving measures. The most enjoyable part of the job was cultivating a team of professionals to do whatever needed to be done for the patients and maintaining positivity & cohesiveness.

1 2 3

About Hospice Compassus

Opening its first hospice in 1979, Hospice Compassus is a family of community-based hospices. Our nationwide network is a vast – Read more