Hospice Compassus Employee Reviews in United States

The worst Hospice Co I've ever worked for.
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 21, 2016
I have never before worked for a health care organization that has such a HUGE turnover rate in staff, especially RN's. Within a matter of 4 months, a total of 4 RN's were hired, then resigned. RN's are overworked and have a caseload of almost 18+patients. . There is an Executive Director who makes working at Compassus EXTREMELY uncomfortable and doesn't acknowledge her staff, only her 'favorites'. A simple Good Morning, Leads to really uncomfortable stares up and down, to walking right by you, looking right through you, like you're nothing. Very belittling. Emotionless. Just plain rude. Not very approachable. Making certain employees very uncomfortable with comments such as, 'wow, you're wearing a dress today', to 'you won't be needed anymore after today,' telling a PRN employee this in front of staff in a sarcastically rude way. Then there's the Director of Clinical Services who is CONSTANTLY complaining and cursing in front of staff because they have to go see patients for one of their RN's who are out sick or because there is no coverage. Constant eye rolling because they do not want to take calls from patients, pharmacy, or someone requesting to speak to a supervisor due to patient care. Constant complaining of paper charting and not being able to locate certain paperwork causing the office staff/medical records to feel like they're not doing their job correctly. Also very belittling. Not very approachable. Also very rude. Makes the workplace uncomfortable. Walks around upset all the time. The constant pressure to admit patients in a hurry  more... with not enough staff, all for numbers. How can management enforce the 'Open Door Policy' to all staff if there's ever a need to talk, or need support, when it is nearly impossible to approach them. The office environment is truly uncomfortable and negative, and you can just feel it. Truly feeling management doesn't care for their staff, it's all for numbers. All patient care staff are truly angels, just management lacks compassion. The hardest part of my job was having the courage to show up every day, knowing I was not respected or supported.  less
Pros
Great health insurance benefits /compensation. Free Omaha Steaks.
Cons
POOR MANAGEMENT! PAPER CHARTING.
Great Company
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 9, 2016
I enjoy my work sharing hospice with families. It is a very difficult field to be in simply because the market is so competitive in where I work.. its a huge medical market due to the fact that we have a large medical school and 5 major hospitals.
While I do get to make a difference in peoples lives this is a sales job and it has all of the pressures any sales job has.
Disgusting company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 5, 2016
About the most incompetent management I've ever seen. Micro-management on steroids. Very discriminatory practices. Walks a fine line of Medicare fraud with bonuses paid to sales and gifts given to referral sources. Not enough money to be treated like an animal. Great at destroying morale.
Pros
Cons
Management is clueless
A good job to start
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Typical day involves a lot of responding to emails.
daily mileage

management- depends on who your working for.

Co workers are positive sometimes.

Hardest part of the job is balancing duties because a lot of situation come up spure of the moment.

enjoyable is talking to patients.
Pros
they provide lunch
Cons
lack of management
worst company to work for
Hospice Admissions RN (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 28, 2016
The higher ups are only concerned about money,, bonuses and profits. No concerns for employees. They expect emplyees to be salary and work all day
Pros
Cons
disrespectful of employees
Great place to work at
RN-CM PRN (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 26, 2016
working for Hospice Compassus is like the word says it very compassionate work. Great people to work with.The hardest part may be time management, and getting through your day on time. If you want work, go to Compassus. If you are energetic and full of compassion this is the place to work for. If you don't mind driving all over and make a career as a hospice nurse I recommend this work place.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
lots of traveling, lots of work
Wonderful place to work at.
Hospice Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 13, 2016
Working as a volunteer, we were well trained, kept informed, offered many opportunities and wonderful people to work with.
Sales and Marketing
Hospice Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 5, 2016
Provided education and consultation on hospice services. This company is a national company and is building its brand across the state of South Carolina.
Unethical Leadership
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Great Benefits. Good Pay. Poor leadership from Executive Director. Many unethical issues. Director of Business Development runs the show and pressures nursing staff to sign on patients that do not qualify for hospice.
Patient care is amazing; clinical team is amazing; support team is great.
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day was a minimum of 11 hours but often was 12+ hours. I loved contact with patients/families/caregivers even when they were complaining. I felt I was making a difference and the team was making a difference. Mid to upper management was poor. The focus was always on numbers/money and not the patients. During my time at Hospice Compassus, middle management was increased and the person in that position is over paid. Middle management was not a benefit in fact, the person in middle management was a hindrance. In addition, that person had a sharp tongue and made team members feel very small without blinking an eye. Her counterpart manager was fake and thought those she talked to were not smart enough to see through it which was extremely insulting. Co-workers were one of the best part of this job. The team was committed to their patients and provided the best care possible under unreasonable circumstances. The worst part of this job was the expectation to care for patients under pronounced restrictions. There was lack of appreciation from management for hard work. The company cares about being the biggest rather than being the best, to the detriment of the patients and staff.
I learned a lot while working there; what I want to be and what I expect but more importantly what I do not want to be. Management lacks integrity and compassion which are two of the three company values.
Pros
Colleagues were wonderful; Salary; PTO
Cons
Management; long hours; balance of work and home life
Great, great, great
Hospice RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2016
This company is awesome, sure they have their ups and downs in regards to management or job functions, but overall it's awesome. They treat all their employees with respect, and you really feel like you matter to them and that your job is integral to the mission, so to speak. The pay is good, and you get paid for miles, which is really nice. I would definitely recommend to anyone wanting a respectful workplace and good pay. Your schedule is completely up to you, and you can move your visits around to any day during that week, and start/finish whenever you want. You don't have to goto the office unless it's for a meeting or you need something. Super autonomous.
Pros
good pay, great schedule, autonomy
Cons
driving a lot
Good teamwork atmosphere
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SCJanuary 1, 2016
Good training and opportunities to get to know other team members with initial ride-alongs, no rush to start seeing patients right away. Positive team atmosphere, involved medical director, caring and compassionate nurses and aides.
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
frequent pressure to admit patients in a hurry
Wonderful people with wonderful goals
Hospice Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSDecember 20, 2015
Loved the overall atmosphere of patient satisfaction as the main goal. I absolutely loved the supervisors and their devotion to family first.
Pros
wonderful benefits
Cons
attachement to patients
Excessive workload and poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVNovember 26, 2015
I loved the patient care but the workload was unrealistic! Call was way too much on top of your workload. Workday don't end when you get home since you still have charting to do for another 3-4 hours on all your patients. Management only cares about census and money. The management does not have their patients nor their employees as a priority. Medical director is a rude and inconsiderate physician with no respect for his staff or patients and their families.
Pros
Spending time with patients and their families
Cons
Unrealistic workload
no time for family life. Very understaffed. Expected more than one person could do in a 8 hr. time period.
RN (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVNovember 20, 2015
More work than could get accomplished. No time for family life. Management was to money oriented. Unable to take PTO's unless you worked twice as hard before and after PTO's taken. Very unsure of management integrety
Pros
i enjoyed the work I did because of the patients
Cons
Not enough RN's
Soulless company
Hospice Care Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New MexicoOctober 28, 2015
Compassion should not be part of their branding. They are ruthless, heartless business people and nothing else. The bottom line is their main focus and if it's not met they'll drop you in a heartbeat...run don't walk!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Chaotic management.
productive fast pace work environment
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 15, 2015
Not a lot of help from some of the team members with training but I learned a lot of new skills that can help me in my search for the career for me
Pros
New knowledge
Cons
Some of the team members
Productive and Fun workplace!! Love this Job!
Hospice Care Consutant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 5, 2015
One of the most rewarding jobs I have ever worked in. Making the decision to go onto hospice is the most difficult choice anyone can make and this team is there to help through the journey. I am honored to work with this amazing team of professionals who are dedicated to providing excellent care to their patients. The service industry is not perfect as we are People helping People that being said, it takes a special heart to come to the aide at the end of ones life and I work with these professionals. From the Director to the aide, No one is above taking out a bag of depends when a family requests it. Hospice is a very stressful job where you give of yourself daily and don’t always hear thank you but I Choose to be here because of the internal rewards of blessing another.
As a team we proudly serve our community and we do it with heart.
Pros: Work independently
Cons: Be self motivate daily
Pros
Work Independently with an AWESOME team!
Cons
Be Self Motivated Daily
At the end of the day, business is business
Admissions Nurse/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, WVSeptember 30, 2015
I have had no typical days at work. The most enjoyable part is helping those in need. The hardest part is not being rewarded for helping those in need.
Run for your life, this place is a nightmare.
Health Care Consultant (HCC) (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 28, 2015
Great Employees that are very dedicated and strive to give excellent service to their customers and families.

Management is the worst I have every worked for. Very little support for the Healthcare Consultants. Management constantly lies and gives different answers to the same question to different employees. Very chaotic environment.

Nursing staff and aides are dedicated to the families they serve. Administrative staff is also very good. Management is in over their heads. I would not recommend working here in a Health Care Consultant capacity.