Have you ever considered living in the beautiful foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains but cannot envision how to transition your career? Hospice of the Foothills has a per diem medical social worker opportunity available that requires an availability of only a few days a month; a unique chance to share your talents and expand future possibilities.
The Medical Social Worker is a member of a dynamic interdisciplinary team providing comprehensive social work services assisting patients, clients and their families. Hospice of the Foothills excels at hands-on care with an unsurpassed commitment to clinical excellence. Through diagnostic evaluations, helping to provide counseling and casework, education and training to introduce or improve coping skills of individuals and families the Hospice of the Foothills team offers quality and compassionate care that has garnered unwavering community support.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of the psychosocial issues related to families in crisis and end of life issues.
- Experience and competency to perform a psychosocial assessment and intervene appropriately.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups.
- Experience and competency to work in the home or facility setting.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, be flexible and prioritize work load.
- Must be highly organized.
- Education and competency in working with culturally sensitive support to people fro diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Must be able to work well under pressure meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
-Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social work
- At least one year in a health care setting required, preferably a home health or hospice agency
- Prior clinical experience working with geriatric, oncology or terminally ill populations highly desirable.