Hospice Source Employee Reviews

Great place to work and help others.
Director of Operations/Area Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 9, 2016
Fast paced day, filled with logistic and staff management. I have learned many corporate policies and procedures, as well as sharpening communication and team building skills. The most notable part of the job is the ability to help and service so many patients in need,
Pros
Patients, Networking, Growth.
Cons
Traveling, Salary, Structure.
best part was helping families in need
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 25, 2016
I was with hospice source for 14 years, They were bought out by dme express and closed all the la. branches, including mine.
Pros
to deliver and install equipment
Cons
short breaks
Great Company was sad to see them close down
Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 6, 2016
I enjoyed working at the company. The people and customers were great. I felt I was doing a great service, and giving back to people.
Great work place
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Enjoy working with the patients and putting a smile on their faces. Hospice patients and their family are going through hard times while their loved ones are in hospice, so making them smile brings great joy
Pros
making the patients smile
Cons
Long hours, hardly home
hard working environment always expected overtime
Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJanuary 20, 2016
learned how to set up medical equipment, how to properly clean medical equipment, how to properly describe how the medical equipment works to the patients and other family members, and drove all over the place.
was agood job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 28, 2015
get jobs for the day. load van with everything needed to complete orders for the day. set up my route. learned how to use and set up different kinds of equipment. the people were very freindly and helpful.the hardest part was when they added more jobs and you would have to change your route to make it happen. the most enjoyable part was meeting so many different kinds of interesting people.
Pros
lunch once aweek
Cons
on call 24 hours but not aloud no overtime
Review
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 28, 2015
The company is ok but they require you to work other hours other than what is discussed in your interview. Also, the tend to talk "at" you rather than "to" you as adults.
Overworked,underpayed, and not appreciated
Delivery (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 16, 2015
Typical day is load the van and do your deliveries and usually others deliveries cause they cant keep employees. Management style and ability is below par. one facility will have a manager and be micro managed from two other upper management in other facilities. Jobs perfect for someone who has no life cause they wanna work you into the ground but not compensate you for your overtime, they just flex you the next day so your overtime is regular time. Honestly the most enjoyable part of the job was the end of the day.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Management on all levels, Hours, Pay
Managing
Area Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 16, 2015
Hard to do your job that you were hired for when the management team does not let you do it. lack of equipment and employees that do not want to do their jobs. be sides that the pay was good and got to meet wonderful people .
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Lack of equipment, lack of help from uper management.
Micro management
driver (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 4, 2015
Unfortunately they work your butt off and refuse to pay overtime. They don't like giving raises unless your their pet.never get time off. Someone passed away in your family. Good luck they don't like giving days off for that either. If you apply for a manager position. Good luck they won't interview you for it. They will hire someone else at lower pay.
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
longs hours little pay
Not good for someone with kids
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 16, 2014
A typical day at work required cleaning hospice equipment and delivering and setting it up. Working overtime without being paid for it
Pros
Company Vehichle
Cons
Underpaid and sometimes unpaid.
Helpful enviorment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 16, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was, helping patients and their families with the medical equipment. The hardest part was finding out a patient you formally helped has passed. I learned a lot from this position about the medical industry. My co-worker where a lot of fun to work with, we bonded well with each other, and our management team where wonderful as well. I loved working for this place.
Pros
People I worked with, and for.
Cons
No room for advancement
Customer service oriented and physical labor
Driver/Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2013
At Hospice Source I would load a Van up with hospice equipment such as concentrators, nebulizers, wheelchairs and other equipment that I would end up delivering to dying patients. I would also load the van with hospice medical beds and put them together once I arrived to the patients home.
ok place
Service Tech/Driver (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 1, 2013
really did not take care of employees at the corporate level. but area manager really did care and did what he could do
Fun and Friendly environment very steady
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 14, 2013
A traveling office job able to work alone and independently... Also able to build strong customer service and communication skills which is an asset to the job title. Unloading and loading up medical equipment into the company vehicle and setting the equipment up such as hospital beds, oxygen devices and other medical equipment...
Pros
able to keep company vehicle at home.
Cons
short breaks, unorganized company.
It is a rewarding job just because of the patients and there family
Site Manager and route Driver Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2012
This was a great company at one time but not so much now. the company is having growing pains. So they use up people to get what they want.They do not care about our family life . i gave them 110%.
Under paid was my reward.
Fullfilling job
Warehouse/CSR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2012
Great Co-Worker with highly questionable mangement support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hospice Source. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9