HOSPICE OF CENTRAL OHIO

HOSPICE OF CENTRAL OHIO United States Employee Reviews

Why I'm Here
Director of Corporate Compliance (Current Employee), Newark OhioMay 24, 2013
Pros: balanced approach
Cons: the pace of change is sometimes hard to keep up with
Any place will have its share of annoyances and disappointments. It's up to me to put those into context: why am I here? I've chosen to not interpret these annoyances as personal; rather I try every day to focus on the real reason: the patient and the family. There are no do-overs in hospice. We have to get it right; and it's NOT about us.

Whenever I've shared my frustrations with my boss, I'm always heard. I know they can't read my mind, so I have the responsibility to let them know: candid and respectful feedback.

Most days--nearly all days-- I feel blessed to work here knowing that it's purposeful and meaningful work.
Rewarding work-place, team approach to care, supportive leadership who genuinely care about their employees
RN (Current Employee), NewarkMay 23, 2013
Pros: benefits, compensation, type of work
Great place to work with the opportunity to work independently. Rewarding nursing career taking care of patients and families at the end of life. Very supportive management - they show they care about their employees. The benefits and compensation are also very competitive. There are many nice extras like a holiday party, summer picnic, employee appreciation gifts.
Hospice of Central Ohio (Hoco) is a great place to work!
CFO (Current Employee), Newark, OhioMay 23, 2013
Pros: our patients and staff
Cons: long drive for me, but well worth it!
Hoco is a very mission centered company. They believe in providing the best possible care to hospice patients and their families. Hoco treats their employees with respect and kindness. I would highly recommend Hospice of Central Ohio to anyone that is looking for a job in healthcare. I have worked at Hoco for almost four years, now. It really feels like home to me. If you pride yourself on doing a good job, you will be valued and appreciated at Hospice of Central Ohio.
Great place to work. Good people doing good things for people that really need help.
LPN (Current Employee), Newark OhioMay 23, 2013
Pros: good pay, good people, caring environment, work that means something
Cons: typical healthcare stuff
I really enjoy helping people and being part of this company. We get paid well and get to help people that realy need help.
My boss is a good person.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with patient deaths. But, it helps knowing we were there for them and their family.
The top people seem to care what happens to us and want us to be happy.
Growth Opportunities
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: pressure for high growth
*Review accounts
*Strategize visits and appointments
*Organize team for meetings
*Customer services maintenance
*Build new accounts from ground level/New markets
*Build CRM and Profiles
*Network for growth
Poor Management
RN (Current Employee), Newark OhioOctober 20, 2012
High Stress Job, with poor management, clinical staff support from mangement, alot to be desired, considering the high stress of this job. Heavy at the top, case loads are heavy, not enough clinical staff.
Hospice of Central Ohio
Hospice Aide (Former Employee), Newark, OHJune 22, 2012
You made great money but not worth going to work daily not knowing if you were going to have a job. Most co workers were great! However if you did not suck up with the management then they will give you a unreasonable reason to end employment. Such as you are too young or we feel that you do not fit in with hospice. Very stressful not managed well at all, it's more like a circus than a hospice. Most of your patients are great however the company will have you drive 500 miles or more a day and its not worth it. Also lose out on a lot of family time.