Hospice of Dayton

Hospice of Dayton Employee Reviews

experince
Pcs State tested nursing assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 22, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: traveling
traveling to different facilities and different patients ...
Wonderful interactions with patients and families
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJune 8, 2014
Pros: wonderful co-workers, wonderful patients
Cons: frequently too busy for lunch and breaks of any kind
The most enjoyable part of my day was helping people through some of the most difficult part of their lives. To make the last days as meaningful and comfortable as possible . My co-workers were wonderful, kind and caring. The most difficult part of the job was losing patients that I had become close to. It was also very difficult to see the sorrow of the families .
Staff is very consciencous
Staff Chaplain (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 26, 2014
Pros: freedom and trust to do the job (in the beginning)
Cons: micro-management
Working with HOD Staff was a blessing as they are the angels who take care of the client and the family. I was impressed with the majority of the people I worked with and enjoyed being a team player.

I tended to my own schedule, making appointments as had been agreed with clients. I arrived on time or early with a phone call if I was going to be late.

I would see as many clients as needed in a day to meet the requirements of the organization, often going above the required number. I often assisted other chaplains with needed visits.
I encouraged other staff members with a morning positive and uplifting message for almost two years.
I participated in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings which were often debriefing from difficult cases would take place.

Through this experience, I have learned that I have the skills to tend to this work with grace, compassion, humor, and the ability to help others cope with impending death of self or a loved one.

Management when I was first hired permitted the professional staff to go out and do their jobs with little direction. I often checked in with management to make sure I was doing as desired with positive response. Management then moved into the direction of micro-managing which caused anxiety with the professional staff.

The hardest part of my time with this organization was the transition from positive leadership to negative micro-management.

The most enjoyable aspects of my job were many. To meet someone who was struggling with end of life issues and to be able to help overcome some of those issues, to be able to support families in their impending loss and the loss, to support staff who struggled with different clients or personal life issues were enjoyable. Being permitted the opportunity to meet people where they are in their life journey and to be able to provide a little enjoyment in that time was just as much fun.
Good mission and culture but no substance
Human Resources (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 7, 2014
Pros: community leader of hospice care
Cons: leadership, managers, spend much more than they make
A typical day at work is very different depending on the job and your manager. I really like the idea behind HOD but it has declined greatly from 2010 to current. The management team is questionable and there is a TON of fluff but not much substance. People absolutely receive great care from the nursing staff but the way the company is ran isn't "best in class" as they would have new hires/staff believe. The building, although pretty is a money pit that HOD spends entirely too much money and time/attention to. The stability of the company has declined GREATLY over the past 3-4 years. Some of this is a result of the current state of health care but MUCH MORE is because of the lack of confident leadership. If you are going to join HOD I would say keep an open mind and proceed with caution and have a back up plan if they loose census (happens OFTEN) or they decided to eliminate your job.
Productive and Fun
Culinary Specialist (Current Employee), Dayton, OHApril 6, 2014
My typical day

I have great management and Co-worker. All are extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

I have learned how to work quickly and accurately and to compile with state regulations and guidelines.

The most important part of my day is knowing that the people their families within my care are more then satisfied with quality of my customer care and food.

The hardest part of my job. My schedule is too varied. I want to return to school to obtain my degree in Hospitality Management & Tourism at Sinclair Community College. So I need steady working schedule one that will be the same from week to week to plan schooling accordingly.
Excellent Organization
Administrator of company Wellness Initiative (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great employer
Great work experience. Lots of opportunities for growth.
The workload requires being able to multi-task.
Customer service is very important
home care provided
STNA Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 7, 2014
provided full care for patients on hospice in the home setting. would visit house and assist patient with bathing and dressing. would change sheets and wash laundry for patient. would help feed patient as ordered. provided emotional support for patient and families. The job was emotionally difficult but I loved every second of it. I would love to work in hospice again.
you are treated like a professional
Social Worker (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: good relationship with other co workers
Cons: managment
please refer to resume Gppd relationships with fellow worker in a profession envirmonment
Excellent Hospice care facility. Strong community support.
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 27, 2013
Pros: extremely rewarding
Cons: physically and mentally draining.
I have worked for Hospice of Dayton for two and a half years, and love my job to the fullest. I get to interact with patients and their families, while giving them support and care at the same time. I've never worked with an organization that gives such unconditional support to their entire staff, the way Hospice of Dayton does.
greta palce to work
State tested nursing assistant (Former Employee), dayton,ohNovember 3, 2013
great place to work and very rewarding. the staff and patients are a pleasure to serve and work for.
Member (Former Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 25, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: communication errors
I love my job and my patients and love the work I do and believe i"m doing what I'm suppose to be doing in life.
good
Personal Care Associate (Former Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 10, 2013
good place to work family oriented have to be able to handle death on the daily basis
RN
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 28, 2013
Pros: holistic views
Caring for terminally ill patients and their families was a rewarding job and this organization had holistic views on how to care for this patient population which I liked.
The Hardest Part of my job
Personal Care Specialist (Current Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 20, 2013
Pros: working 12 hour shifts
Cons: management did not feel they cared about me as a part of the team
I love caring for people and it was hard to see family & friends watch their loves ones hurt from pain & end of life process that the body goes through. I enjoyed being able to care for people at such a time I done anything possible to make sure everyone was comfortable & satisfied with the care their loved ones received.
The staff is wonderful!
Care planning nurse for hospice home care services (Current Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 10, 2013
My co-workers were the finest health care providers I have had the pleasure of meeting.
It is a pleasure to work here. I enjoy the people and atmosphere.
Marketing (Former Employee), Dayton OhioMay 23, 2013
Pros: clear mission focus, good pay, friendly work environment
Cons: nothing major
These people really have a good heart and are doing the right things. Management is focused and supportive.
N/A
State Tested Nursing Aide (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 13, 2013
Good values. Great schedule. Always learning new things and meeting new people.
LPN
LPN (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 3, 2013
Hospice care is a wonderful field. Staff and management can be a little unfair at times
Management nightmare
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 2, 2013
My time at HOD was a few years back and I understand that things have changed quite a bit. Co-workers great...hard-working staff. Upper management was horrible.
No time for family or friends
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 28, 2012
Pros: not in the same four walls everyday, see and do something diffrent everyday
Cons: no home time, long hours no overtime
To a point I enjoyed it, but you have no life when working there.