Hospice of Dayton Employee Reviews in United States

Typical Day
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 4, 2015
A typical day was always varied and challenging. Shifts could be overwhelming at times. Most times team work was good but like any organization some days team work lacked and it was hard to provide quality care due to the quantity of needs. The best part was making a difference in a patient(s) day and providing dignified, sensitive, end of life care.
Pros
Very rewarding work, pay was fairly decent
Cons
Typical of the "nature" of the business hard to even fit in a bathroom break.
Difficult Job To Perform However Rewarding
Assisted nurses and physicians (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OhioOctober 3, 2015
worked with physicians and nurses on a daily basis assisting families whose loved one was terminally ill by ensuring they had round the clock medical staff
Pros
Helping families to spend quality time with their loved one
Cons
knowing that at any moment someone would lose their battle with terminal illness
Great compassionate people. Warm environment
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  324 Wilmington Ave.August 11, 2015
Hospice of Dayton is a group of angels without wings. The employees here want to be here and it shows in their work and daily interaction with patients.

A typical day would be checking emails from SW's, opening the office for counselors, checking phone messages. Writing up referrals for counselors. Making copies of data, creating files for new clients.
Pros
good pay, nice people, lovely campus
Cons
distance from home
Crisis Care STNA then Crisis Care LPN (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 15, 2015
Great support system with staff. Provide care to people in the last hours of life, takes someone with a caring heart. Co-workers are very supportive of each other. You take care of the family members as much as you take care of the patient.
Pros
Learning about your patients
Cons
Losing your patients
Great Nurses! Wonderful patients!
Hospice of Butler & Warren Counties (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OhioJuly 26, 2015
Nursing Staff was wonderful. Management left a lot to be desired.
Job was very fulfilling to be able to work with patients at end of life.
Wonderful interactions with patients and families
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 8, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my day was helping people through some of the most difficult part of their lives. To make the last days as meaningful and comfortable as possible . My co-workers were wonderful, kind and caring. The most difficult part of the job was losing patients that I had become close to. It was also very difficult to see the sorrow of the families .
Pros
wonderful co-workers, wonderful patients
Cons
frequently too busy for lunch and breaks of any kind
Productive and Fun
Culinary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 6, 2014
My typical day

I have great management and Co-worker. All are extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

I have learned how to work quickly and accurately and to compile with state regulations and guidelines.

The most important part of my day is knowing that the people their families within my care are more then satisfied with quality of my customer care and food.

The hardest part of my job. My schedule is too varied. I want to return to school to obtain my degree in Hospitality Management & Tourism at Sinclair Community College. So I need steady working schedule one that will be the same from week to week to plan schooling accordingly.
Excellent Hospice care facility. Strong community support.
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 27, 2013
I have worked for Hospice of Dayton for two and a half years, and love my job to the fullest. I get to interact with patients and their families, while giving them support and care at the same time. I've never worked with an organization that gives such unconditional support to their entire staff, the way Hospice of Dayton does.
Pros
extremely rewarding
Cons
physically and mentally draining.
Great atmosphere that was very patient focused
Clinical Inpatient Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 15, 2012
We filled orders for the IPU, attended interdisciplinary teams, and consulted throughout the day. My immediate supervisor was very in tune with the mission statement of the company, as was the majorty of administration. The hardest part of working at HOD was trying to manage clinical issues that could not be managed. The nurses and support staff were extremely enjoyable, and the atmosphere and hours were excellent.
Pros
great patient focus
Cons
nothing comes to mind
The Hardest Part of my job
Personal Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 20, 2013
I love caring for people and it was hard to see family & friends watch their loves ones hurt from pain & end of life process that the body goes through. I enjoyed being able to care for people at such a time I done anything possible to make sure everyone was comfortable & satisfied with the care their loved ones received.
Pros
working 12 hour shifts
Cons
management did not feel they cared about me as a part of the team
home care provided
STNA Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 7, 2014
provided full care for patients on hospice in the home setting. would visit house and assist patient with bathing and dressing. would change sheets and wash laundry for patient. would help feed patient as ordered. provided emotional support for patient and families. The job was emotionally difficult but I loved every second of it. I would love to work in hospice again.
Great Beginning
Culinary Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 6, 2012
Hospice of Dayton is a great organization. They have giving me the skills needed to succeed in the future. The people and patients who work/live there are all special and do a awesome job making that place a fun place to be.
Pros
patients
Cons
kitchen turnover rate
Good mission and culture but no substance
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 7, 2014
A typical day at work is very different depending on the job and your manager. I really like the idea behind HOD but it has declined greatly from 2010 to current. The management team is questionable and there is a TON of fluff but not much substance. People absolutely receive great care from the nursing staff but the way the company is ran isn't "best in class" as they would have new hires/staff believe. The building, although pretty is a money pit that HOD spends entirely too much money and time/attention to. The stability of the company has declined GREATLY over the past 3-4 years. Some of this is a result of the current state of health care but MUCH MORE is because of the lack of confident leadership. If you are going to join HOD I would say keep an open mind and proceed with caution and have a back up plan if they loose census (happens OFTEN) or they decided to eliminate your job.
Pros
community leader of hospice care
Cons
leadership, managers, spend much more than they make
It is a pleasure to work here. I enjoy the people and atmosphere.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dayton OhioMay 23, 2013
These people really have a good heart and are doing the right things. Management is focused and supportive.
Pros
clear mission focus, good pay, friendly work environment
Cons
nothing major
Excellent Organization
Administrator of company Wellness Initiative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 20, 2014
Great work experience. Lots of opportunities for growth.
The workload requires being able to multi-task.
Customer service is very important
Pros
great employer
No time for family or friends
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 28, 2012
To a point I enjoyed it, but you have no life when working there.
Pros
not in the same four walls everyday, see and do something diffrent everyday
Cons
no home time, long hours no overtime
Rn
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 28, 2013
Caring for terminally ill patients and their families was a rewarding job and this organization had holistic views on how to care for this patient population which I liked.
Pros
holistic views
Management nightmare
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 2, 2013
My time at HOD was a few years back and I understand that things have changed quite a bit. Co-workers great...hard-working staff. Upper management was horrible.
you are treated like a professional
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 31, 2014
please refer to resume Gppd relationships with fellow worker in a profession envirmonment
Pros
good relationship with other co workers
Cons
managment
Member (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 25, 2013
I love my job and my patients and love the work I do and believe i"m doing what I'm suppose to be doing in life.
Pros
job security
Cons
communication errors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hospice of Dayton. Our community is ready to answer.

Hospice of Dayton Reviews by Location