Hospice of Marion County

Hospice of Marion County Employer Reviews

left company with many mixed feelings
social worker (Former Employee), Ocala, FLApril 23, 2013
Pros: rewarding work
Cons: upper management
This company says that they're very flexible but this is not the case. It is one of the most rigid places I have ever worked for. It is not a good place for the older worker.
work ethics
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: being a caregiver, rapport with people
Cons: not always being able to help
the day usually was constant, being able to find joy and happiness with our patients and their families was integral for me, when appropriate; patients were not just about dying but about their sense of self worth; I learned to be able to feel their feelings, to share their life and to impart care and concern.
management was generally supportive and – more... usually open door for problems; management did assist in various problems that arose, and provided good feedback for problem solving be it patient care or managing stress.
co-workers were right there and caring.
the hardest part of the job was when patients or families were angry about the situation and took it out on us, it is part of the process sometimes but it can hurt.
the most enjoyable aspect was knowing you can effect people positively, provide a comfortable death; co-workers with positive attitudes – less
Very rewarding place to work as a volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), Ocala, FloridaOctober 16, 2012
Pros: new experiences for me.
Cons: no pay
I've been working as a volunteer in the admin building as well as their thrift store. Both places have been pleasant to work at with wonderful people. Both jobs have been easy to perform although with the thrift store that was my first experience in the retail business. I enjoy the interaction with customers the most.
Work with purpose
Director, Community Outreach (Current Employee), Administration Building, Ocala, FlOctober 12, 2012
I've worked here for nearly 7 years. Every day is a new and exciting
challenge. I go home feeling fulfilled and rewarded for the good work we do at Hospice of Marion County.
Hospice is a wonderful place to work...
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Ocala, FLAugust 4, 2012
Pros: many- by helping people
I started with Hospice and I was always happy there. I was going to stay there but I really got talked into going with the crowd but I should have listened to my heart...
Good place to start out at, learned alot.
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee), Ocala FloridaApril 21, 2012
Pros: the care that the company gave to there employees, we were treated as people not just a number.
Cons: pay cuts due to the economy.
My typical day at work included opening and sorting new patient charts, putting them into binders. Coding them with the proper ICD-9 codes for billing purposes. Concurrent review and read over transcription for discreoencies to have the doctors correct, also did Em coding for physician visits. I learned a lto about coding and enjoyed it. Learned to – more... manage my time wisely. My coworkers were awesome and we all got along wonderfully. The hardest part of the job was not being able to work as independently as i wanted to. The most enjoyable part of the job was coding the physicians visits. – less
Bad place to work
Staff nurse caring (Former Employee), Ocala, FLMarch 14, 2012
Cons: no support from management, manager stayed in her office throughout the day.
When I was hired I was told I was going to recieve a certain hourly pay, that never happened. When I presued the pay I was given as starting pay, administration started to find fault with my job performance. Just prior to my investigation of the decrepency in pay scale, my evaluation was very good. Unfriendly atmosphere.

About Hospice of Marion County

We're a Great Place to Work®! In 2004, 2005 and 2006, Hospice of Marion County, Inc., and Its Affiliated Companies has – Read more

Hospice of Marion County Photos