Hospice of Marion County Employee Reviews

Interesting and fun to work part time volunteer position
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Summerfield, FLMay 21, 2016
It's a volunteer position for a wonderful company. The cause is Hospice care for uninsured patients. This is an upscale retail environment and very enjoyable to be there.
Pros
discount on purchases
Cons
not salaried
Don't hold your breath!
RN through Agency (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 30, 2015
This is a company that is ALWAYS hiring and uses TONS of Agency Nurses. However, despite the needs for Nurses, the hiring still depends on if you know someone there to get you "in". Very hard to get into. They are not very selective as far as work ethic or skill set, you getting on with them solely depends on who you know. I applied there 5 times, and so have many others that I know. We eventually went through the Agency and have been doing hospice through them. Don't waste your time applying, just find a good agency and go from there.
Pros
The Palliative care
Cons
Hiring process
Head Chef
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 23, 2014
Managed the entire Hospice kitchen and cooking all meals for patient care. Knowledge of patients dietary needs, all meals are prepared according to patients dietary needs. Product audits and inventory of all products going in and out of the kitchen. Cleaning and organization of all work spaces, including the kitchen, pantry, freezer, and all storage areas. Customer/patient satisfaction, along with family request, doctors requests, and the nurses request. responsible for preparation of building inspections. Daily log entry of patients food and consumption.
Pros
independent working
Cons
high turnover of patients due to death
education department is good.
Certified Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 13, 2013
Hospice taught me alot about end of life and how to deal with it when it happen,my hardest part was to leave the patient when I know they are in the transition of dying,I like to be present to give the family extra support,The most enjoyable part of the job when I know I did we'll with the patient to see them smiling telling me thanks.
Pros
meals in meetings
Cons
know cons that i am aware of
left company with many mixed feelings
social worker (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 23, 2013
This company says that they're very flexible but this is not the case. It is one of the most rigid places I have ever worked for. It is not a good place for the older worker.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
upper management
work ethics
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 30, 2013
the day usually was constant, being able to find joy and happiness with our patients and their families was integral for me, when appropriate; patients were not just about dying but about their sense of self worth; I learned to be able to feel their feelings, to share their life and to impart care and concern.
management was generally supportive and usually open door for problems; management did assist in various problems that arose, and provided good feedback for problem solving be it patient care or managing stress.
co-workers were right there and caring.
the hardest part of the job was when patients or families were angry about the situation and took it out on us, it is part of the process sometimes but it can hurt.
the most enjoyable aspect was knowing you can effect people positively, provide a comfortable death; co-workers with positive attitudes
Pros
being a caregiver, rapport with people
Cons
not always being able to help
Very rewarding place to work as a volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FloridaOctober 16, 2012
I've been working as a volunteer in the admin building as well as their thrift store. Both places have been pleasant to work at with wonderful people. Both jobs have been easy to perform although with the thrift store that was my first experience in the retail business. I enjoy the interaction with customers the most.
Pros
new experiences for me.
Cons
no pay
Work with purpose
Director, Community Outreach (Current Employee) –  Administration Building, Ocala, FlOctober 12, 2012
I've worked here for nearly 7 years. Every day is a new and exciting
challenge. I go home feeling fulfilled and rewarded for the good work we do at Hospice of Marion County.
Hospice is a wonderful place to work...
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 4, 2012
I started with Hospice and I was always happy there. I was going to stay there but I really got talked into going with the crowd but I should have listened to my heart...
Pros
many- by helping people
Good place to start out at, learned alot.
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ocala FloridaApril 21, 2012
My typical day at work included opening and sorting new patient charts, putting them into binders. Coding them with the proper ICD-9 codes for billing purposes. Concurrent review and read over transcription for discreoencies to have the doctors correct, also did Em coding for physician visits. I learned a lto about coding and enjoyed it. Learned to manage my time wisely. My coworkers were awesome and we all got along wonderfully. The hardest part of the job was not being able to work as independently as i wanted to. The most enjoyable part of the job was coding the physicians visits.
Pros
the care that the company gave to there employees, we were treated as people not just a number.
Cons
pay cuts due to the economy.
Bad place to work
Staff nurse caring (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 14, 2012
When I was hired I was told I was going to recieve a certain hourly pay, that never happened. When I presued the pay I was given as starting pay, administration started to find fault with my job performance. Just prior to my investigation of the decrepency in pay scale, my evaluation was very good. Unfriendly atmosphere.
Cons
no support from management, manager stayed in her office throughout the day.

Hospice of Marion County Reviews by Location