Hospice of Santa Cruz County Employee Reviews in United States

Demoralizing Finance Department
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAOctober 1, 2015
Sadly the CFO is a happy underachiever and a compulsive liar. His right hand the senior accountant is a micro manager and obnoxious. They have a tight group and do not accept others. The company overall has a great mission and I believe in the work they do. The nurses and social workers there do outstanding work. The Finance department is something to be avoided at all costs. Cold and unfriendly would be compliments to describe the A/R person and Senior Accountant. If you are driven and looking to learn more like I am and want to expand your career the CFO will not be able to help he is very knowledgeable.
Pros
Rewarding knowing that the work helps the community.
Cons
No upward mobility, no opportunity to learn and grow, lied to on a regualr basis.
Wonderful place to work great support
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAOctober 1, 2012
A very fast paced environment with a high call volume. managing clients needs with compassion and core values. maintaining every need with a team of dedicated wonderful people to support the end of life. I learned so much about accountability and how my job was a major role in the front office. The hardest part of the job is grieving families who are trying to cope with a loss. Being attentive to the needs of the client/family is of the utmost importance. It is one of the most difficult times in a persons life to loose someone you love. Being a reliable employee and knowing that I contributed to making the best experience for that person or family is what makes me feel good.
Pros
people, food, kitchen, gatherings
Cons
commute
Leadership lacks transparency
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAMay 1, 2014
The field staff at Hospice of Santa Cruz are amazing. However, the leadership; which has changed quite consistently over the years, lacks transparency to both managerial and field staff. This creates a culture of confusion and mistrust.
Pros
amazing feild staff
Cons
high turn over rate, recent lay offs, leadership lacks transparency
Excellent Workplace and Workforce!
Executive Assistant to CEO (Current Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAMay 22, 2014
It's a pleasure to walk in the door every day to work with the most compassionate and caring people.

Working directly for the executive leadership team and board of directors, I can honestly share my experience is they are collaborative, transparent and mission driven.

The administrative staff are excellent, hard working individuals and help keep things running smoothly to support the field staff so they can do the important work of caring for patients and their families. Both our administrative and field staff are top notch!

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with extraordinary professionals who work to make a difference in the quality of people's lives. Whether that's at the end-of-life or during the grieving process, those work in the office or out in the field, staff and volunteers - we are all working towards the same goal.
Pros
staff support group, staff enrichment events, continuing education opportunities
Non-profit organization dedicated to patients and families
Director Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley CAJanuary 25, 2013
Organization is deeply committed to high quality end of life care.
Great place to work...
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CANovember 4, 2013
Amazing people and organization to work with. Best job I've ever had!

Hospice of Santa Cruz County Reviews by Location