Hospice of the Bluegrass Employee Reviews in United States

32 county very busy hospice
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 19, 2016
Very busy and cutting edge hospice. In recent years has undergone some major changes some of which were not preventable and others that were. At end of my time there I noted some major financial problems which had greatly affected services and made changes in how and way care was provided. I really enjoyed the staff there and truly have never known a better bunch of people.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, no home life
PRN Hospice Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 20, 2015
Great job, Great People, and GREAT place to work. This company is back after a few years of decline. Therefore many lost their jobs a few years ago, but they are once again GROWING!!!
Strong community relationships
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Harlan, KYOctober 21, 2015
Hire very competent people who have a heart for the mission of hospice work. Do an excellent job with continuing education offerings. Focus on clinical skills.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
high turnover
The BEST place I ever worked as a nurse.
Case Manager/RN (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 23, 2015
You are on your own with your case load. You work with a team of nurses, social workers and a chaplain. Everyone always seemed on the same page. GREAT place to work. Wish I was still there.
Home Health
Home health aide (Former Employee) –  Lexington KYJuly 29, 2015
Hospice of the bluegrass would be the perfect job for the perfect person. The situations some of the patients are in, are very hard to see on a daily basis.
Hob is an amazing place to work
Clinical Support and Triage Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 9, 2014
Hospice does amazing work but due to the times, and all the changes in healthcare and the many layoffs that have occured over the past year, I am not feeling secure in my position. Currently I am doing a different job than what I was hired to do 6 yrs ago and basically bored and no sight of a raise in the horizons.
Great place to work.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 24, 2014
This was my first hospice job and I needed a lot of support at first and got it not only from my managers, but the Drs. also. The staff was awesome. Since it was my first hospice job the hardest part was learning how best to deal with family grief symptoms. Upon arrival to the pts. homes the most enjoyable part was seeing relief on the families faces. They were so appreciative of the care.
helping others
Insurance (Former Employee) –  FinanceSeptember 14, 2011
The hospice of the bluegrass had great benefits for their employees.
They worked hard to take care of the patient and family.
The management in some departments were not approachable or fair to their employees. When a person did something wrong instead of reprimanding that employee they email the whole department and blamed them and reminded them of the rules. There is allot of personal politics going on in some departments and management offered a private hot line to call in to complain, but then whomever got in trouble got to listen to the complaints so they would identified the source and then bullied them. There are a few bad apples in the bunch and seem to get away with allot of things which causes conflict in the office and turmoil that the good employees keep leaving.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
bullying
Professional, ethical, and a fun place to work
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 7, 2013
I greatly enjoyed my experiences at Hospice of the Bluegrass. The employees and supervisors are great to work with. The mission and values of the company are incorporated into every aspect of the employees day-to-day lives. This place is filled with a passion for services and assisting families and individuals during their times of need.
Pros
gas
Cons
l
I wouldnt trade this experience due to my grandmother becoming a patient and I know this better helped me prepare for her death.
RN staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Harlan, Ky.February 29, 2012
This is a wonderful thing to prepare people for the last stages of life. You are so appreciated, and feel like you are so personally fulfilled in helping patients and families deal with their last days of life.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
call is bad, communication is a must

Want to know more about Hospice of the Bluegrass?

Ask a question
Great company to work for.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 22, 2013
I worked with many professional, caring, and compassionate people. I loved meeting and caring for so many wonderful people and providing private duty care and end of life care. Management was very supportive.
Cons
prn work only
A Fun place to work all entertainment free to employees
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KYMarch 27, 2013
A great place to work. working with the public from all southeastern Kentucky Counties.
Pros
free lunches and not needing week advance notice for a day off
Cons
working nights, week-ends and holidays
amazing place to work
Chaplain and Bereavement Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYNovember 26, 2014
amazing place to work and develop, very helpful leadership
Pros
team atmosphere
Cons
lots of hours
Enjoyed working for this caring company
physician billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KyJanuary 17, 2014
Worked in the billing dept for 17 years and thoroughly enjoyed working with all my coworkers. Great atmosphere.
Pros
overall a great atmosphere
Cons
not alot of room to expand job positions
Overall a decent place to work
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 15, 2014
Co workers were great. Stress increased as national healthcare system "reforms" and money becomes tighter and patient loads increase on the individual employees.
When i was at Hospice of the Bluegrass it was a great place..
SRNA (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 21, 2014
Great people Great cause Great time it was a great job until they un fairly terminated me for something i had no control over but i did love my job
I enjoyed my job
Social worker (Former Employee) –  Cynthiana, KYJuly 17, 2014
I enjoyed my job and was sad to be laid off. Many social workers lost their jobs at Hospice due to budget cuts and changes in Medicare.
Great company to work for
Rhonda Drake, RN CHPN flex nurse (Current Employee) –  Cynthiana, KYApril 10, 2014
Hospice of the Bluegrass is very focused on patient care and the well being of the patient.
Pros
excellent work environment.
Lacks intigrity
Hospice Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 7, 2014
Not a company that values social workers. No further comment.
Loved it!!!
SRNA (Former Employee) –  cynthania, kyJune 23, 2013
Was the best place I ever worked!!! And I only worked there PRN. If I would of got full time I would still be there.

4.2