Hospice of the Valley - Phoenix Employee Reviews

Great job
Inpatient Unit Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2017
Wonderful environment, very patient focused. Do what is right by the patient. Great team setting, very supportive. Excellent core culture. Very can do attitude for patients and staff. Always looking for what we can do to help patients and families.
It was a very welcoming environment
Teen Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 7, 2017
I was only a volunteer at Hospice, but I could still see how welcoming and friendly the staff was. They value their volunteers so much and I can only imagine how they value their employees. On my first day of actually going to help out in one of the palliative care unit's, I remember how the nurses would help me out along the way and showed me the ropes of things until I was able to do them myself. I never really had a bad day, it really is a life-changing experience just being their with the families, patients, and nurses and you do learn a lot, which is why I'm grateful Hospice gave me the opportunity to allow me to grow and volunteer here.
Interesting place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2017
When I was training at this agency I was told by an employee who had been with the company for many years that "this is a very political place". I learned after awhile what she was referring to. Image was everything and 100% customer satisfaction was expected. There was no continuity of services provided and those who were considered VIPs or who were able to be vocal got the goods. The rest received the basic services. Teamwork, although spoken of, was not the norm on the team I was on. The people who had good work ethic did fantastic work and showed their care greatly. But those who wanted to slide "under the radar" did just that with minimal effort. Very interesting place.
Pros
Education
Cons
Image is everything
An amazing company to work for!
After Hours RN (patient management) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2016
Working for Hospice of the Valley was a career that would be difficult to find another company with such excellence. Being on call, traveling to patients homes and spending quality time with the patient and family to assist with end of life needs. The education of end of life care and how to meet family and patients needs was a phenomenal path and there were amazing managers and co-workers to assist you at every path along the way. You were never alone, there was always a supportive staff member. Although the hardest part is learning the computers, again staff was always available and happy to guide you. I could never express my gratitude for the opportunity to work for Hospice of the Valley, the company, staff and patients were truly a blessing.
Pros
Staff, patients, education
fabulous work environment
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2016
The best people and work environment there is. At this time i am only a volunteer but would love to work for them . This is how a company should work. And this is the best non-profit there is .
Pros
excellent working conditions
Very Rewarding experience
Internship (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85014February 28, 2016
This internship has given me experience in working with Lenovo laptops, HP desktops and IPhones to deploy to nurses. It has also given me experience in alloy so I know how to use a ticketing system.
Working in the nd of life care units
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2015
I worked the end of life care units as a Nursing aide. I helped care for the patients and their families. I held the hands of the weak and was a shoulder to cry on.
Interesting
Chief Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 9, 2015
wonderful mission and clinical care. 20 sites, great thrift stores, wonderful volunteers, extremely helpful and compassionate. Comfortable In Patients units, caring staff and the CNA's do so much of the work, they are amazing.
Hospice of the valley for comfort not for profit
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2015
Hospice of the Valley provides compassionate end-of-life care. Supporting patients and families and relieve suffering in all realms – physical, emotional and spiritual. Our staff is available 24/7. Most services are delivered in patients’ homes. We serve thousands of families every day throughout central Arizona, including greater Phoenix. No one is ever turned away from Hospice of the Valley, regardless of insurance status or financial mean -
Pros
mutilple Valley locations
Cons
Foresee more lay offs due to health reform
Patient and family centered top rate care
Respite Care Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2015
I am a volunteer at Hospice of the Valley. They are the premier end of life provider in the Valley of the Sun. They are inclusive, sensitive, caring, and patient-centered. Even as a volunteer I am included in patient care and feel like a vital part of the team.
Pros
Great staff
Good Experience
IS Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 31, 2015
Staff level is kept low so there is always plenty to keep us busy. Everything seems to be an emergency though. Management wants high priority items done right away and they never stop coming.
Most recently as Health Management Nurse/Cs Manager
FT HMN/CM RN & PT Inpt Palliat Care (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2015
Typically challenging but always rewarding 10-12hr days meeting the healthcare and educational/individualized needs of clients and their family/supportive caregivers.

I have always enjoyed learning new treatments/plans to meet member healthcare needs and new technologies to document such plans.

Most recently I was challenged by reporting to Management long distance (2500 miles from AZ) requiring continued improvement communication and electronic documentation skills.

Working in an open "call center" environment required careful telephonic communications for continued privacy/maintainung confidentiality while adjusting time management and coworker communications to maintain positive interpersonal relationships.

The hardest part of the job was achieving the support and quality services to said clients within the time constraints assigned for telephonic communications as these were very needy/chronically ill members. It was also the most enjoyable part of the job as positive outcomes and mutual goals achieved.
NOTE: I found this most effective when able to meet face to face with members and families/practitioners (ie. as a Case Manager or bedside Palliative Care Nurse) and am terefore seeking a position to return to that environment.
Pros
Self education/updates for certification/CEUS 17 chronic diseases
Cons
Inefficient automated systems - technology did not support needs
CNA (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 13, 2014
Enjoyable experince and a good comapany to work for. Just like the commercials, everyone showed their kind and compassionate attitude towards fellow co-workers as well as the famlies.
Pros
enjoyed staff meetings
Cons
not enough time for lunch at the office
Volunteer position to support patients at end-stage of their lives.
Hospice Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2014
Volunteered to sit with a patient 4 hours a week to provide respite for family members who needed a break or to do errands. Provided simple caregiving such as fixing lunch, assisting patient to the bathroom, reading to them, or engaging in conversation if they desired.
Pros
Flexible schedule; I learned a lot about end-stage life issues.
Solid and permaent company in the Greater Phoenix area
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Greater Phoenix AreaJuly 6, 2014
Professional positions are salaried and it is a 24/7 operating company.
Calm and friendly work environment
Special Projects Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2014
I very much enjoyed working for Hospice; the workers were very polite and the work environment was quiet and calm and made getting work done very enjoyable.
Pros
Polite co-workers, lovely break room
Cons
Short breaks
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2014
Sad place but loved every minute of it got to connect with some really great people love hearing the stories that were shared
Great work environment
CNA (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2014
Great Patients, and Co- Workers made a lovely work day. My patients were so awesome to work for, everyday spent with my patients was a wonderful experience no matter how much longer I had with them until there final day.
Pros
Working with the elderly
Cons
patient passing away
Seeking New Challenge
RN Hospice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 19, 2014
Typical day in the life of a triage phone nurse. I multitask between taking patient /family calls and helping them with symptom/crisis management and referral to other team members as needed as well as dispatch and organize nurse visits and log visits and calls on excel document. At end of day I send report to my supervisor of the RN, CNA, and nurse visits. I work well with a multitude of disciplines -from other phone nurses, field nurses, social workers, doctors and chaplains.
Pros
Good hours, nice co workers
Cons
Duties continuously change-position has changed 3 times in past 6 months
Great place, great staff and very meaningful work.
Bereavement Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2014
Met with bereaved clients in their homes and contacted them by phone for on-going support. Facilitated a Grief Support Group twice monthly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hospice of the Valley - Phoenix. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4