The Hospice RN After-Hours Supervisor oversees the Hospice Program’s clinical operations and is the organizational liaison interacting with all incoming calls outside of normal business hours.
The After Hours Supervisor assists the Hospice On-Call Nurse regarding identifying and coordinating care with patients, families, caregivers and referral sources from the office on weekends and by pager weekday evenings. This position ensures that patient-related calls are managed appropriately and in a timely manner with after-hours field staff. Teaching, assessment and intervention skills will be utilized to provide comfort care and maximize the quality of life for the patients and families.
- The After Hours Supervisor will possess strong clinical knowledge and critical thinking ability, allowing them to quickly assess the patient’s condition and provide phone advice for patient care.
- Advice will be consistent with Hospice best practices and in accordance with Medicare, MediCal, State and Federal Regulations.
- At least two years’ Hospice, Oncology or Home Health experience is required; supervisory experience preferred.
- Exceptional communication, customer service and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language will be helpful but is not required.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing school and California Registered Nurse license are required.
Indeed - 20 months ago