Hospice of the Valley Employee Reviews

Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2017
Rewarding . Positive environment
Friendly people, supportive environment, strongly encourage professional development.
I would highly recommend working here
Fast Paced, Positive Environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2017
Hospice is emotionally challenging, but as an employee, I felt supported by my managers and my coworkers. This company truly has a team mentality and a family feel. Please know that you will be working hard should you apply for this job, but the work is extremely rewarding.
Hospice of the Valley review
REGISTERD NURSE (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 7, 2017
Fast paced busy job, but felt supported over the years. Management really tries to work with your needs and has an open door policy to voice an needs or concerns.
Enjoy work is a big cultural belief and is supported by employee team building, office parties, employee recognition luncheons.
At times it is rough to maintain a work life balance.
Hospice is the most rewarding job, it is a privilege to be at the bedside of a dying pt, supporting both pt and family needs.
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 2, 2017
I do not wish to say anything. I do not feel comfortable adding any details to the survey I already filled out. This should not be a "required" field to fill out.
Hospice of The Valley
CHPNA- HHA (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 3, 2017
Providing care for terminal patients. I learned the values of what it means to give of ones self. Management was great. Workplace was okay, Hardest part of job was the driving all day all kinds of weather. Enjoyable part was I found out how rewarding it is to have compassion for others.
Pros
Driving
Cons
The support from other team memebers and management
Workplace Culture
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Hospice of the Valley had a culture of family and team before the recent merger. The relationship between the employees is one of respect, love and fun. We take our jobs seriously, and work and play well together. The Social Worker and Spiritual Care team has always been the heart of Hospice of the Valley. It was a privilege and pleasure to work with these wonderfully gifted and spiritual people.
Pros
People
Cons
Merger
n/a
Director of Patient Care (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 29, 2016
Not Applicable for this to be part of this process. The overall rating is excellent in my opinion and I do not find this helpful in the use of this site.
Team work like family
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 30, 2016
Working for this organization has been a dream of mine since 2011 when I started my nursing career in hospice. I left to move to TX but came back and am so glad to be back home!

Wonderful place to work, people are friendly, like family, keeping positive all the time is so important :)
watch out
nurse (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 15, 2016
The PCU is a great work environment. Loved working with the staff, patients and patient's families. I really believed HOV stood by the principles they preach, which is to be caring and compassionate. I believed this up until I was let go because I became seriously ill. I had been verbally promised my job once released by my physicians until they learned of my diagnosis. They decided the insurance claims would cost them too much. Not only did they leave me unemployed and without insurance, they sent me a bill for the insurance premium for my last month of employment. Really??? They are the largest hospice company in the state with more than 2500 patients. To be treated this way was extremely disappointing to me and appalling to my physicians. If this was the state of California it would be a lawsuit. They are great place to work until you have a personal crisis, then watch out, you'll be kicked to the curb without a second thought.
Pros
great patients and families
Cons
not trustworthy
Small Company - Great Staff
Training and Support Representative (Former Employee) –  East ValleyOctober 10, 2015
Was a wonderful place to work. Staff all really care about what they are doing and the customers they are supporting. Took care of Training and all Technological Equipment for the East Valley.
Pros
Other Employees
Cons
Long Days, Sad Subject to Work With
Fun at HOV
HUMAN RESOURCES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 14, 2015
HOV is a fun place to work at as a RN or HHA. The Volunteer program is amazing.

HOV is getting ready to merge with Sutter, so job security for RNs and HHAs are secure.
Productive and efficient
Volunteer Hospice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJune 29, 2015
The volunteers and emplyees at Hospice of the Valley are very nice and dedicated to their jobs. The volunteers do a great job at catering to the needs of those being helped and those in need of help; i.e. floral arrangements for patients, house work for the elderly through Habitat for Humanity, and over all fundraising for the hospice. The employees are hard workers and selfless. They do what they can to insure the safety, positivity, and careness of the patients. They go above and beyond to make sure the volunteers are also doing their part. I learned to always offer assistance to those who need it and to those who look do not necessarily look like they could use a hand. I learned how to be social and how to cater to the different needs of each patient's well being as well as following directions and giving them as needed. I learned how to be a team player as well as the leader when need be. The most enjoyable part of volunteering was the friendships and bonds created with staff, co-volunteers, and patients.
Great volunteer experience!
Hospice Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 1, 2015
I was not paid for this position as it was only volunteer work. I finished my 6 weeks of training to become a hospice volunteer and then began to see patients shortly there after. I learned so much about the dying process and advanced my personal communication skills greatly.
Lpn
LPN (Former Employee) –  Poland, OHJanuary 29, 2015
Performed EOL care and emotional support to patients and families. Daily goals were symptom control; pain, nausea, discomfort, respiratory distress. Perform palliative wound care and dressing changes. Prepare patients in the transition stages.
Pros
The job rewards itself
Cons
Witnessing heartbreak and saddness
The Most AMAZING place in Arizona
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 20, 2014
I am extremely bias when it comes to the Phoenix Herpetological Society in regards to likability. I have loved reptiles since I was a child and probably will always have a love. This facility is educational and fun to be apart of. The animals provide such an immense amount of retribution for the things we do for them. PHS has been a savior for many people that have entered its property. Reptiles are a commonly misunderstood animal and genus as a whole. To be in the presence of someone whose first time ever touching or seeing a reptile is a priceless investment. I advocate for PHS any chance I can get. The family and volunteers are so synchronized in the same goal that no matter how chaotic it may seem it will still work out.
Pros
Cons
Not enough publication
Productive, caring, fun work place
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 17, 2014
The work was done and the residents and family members were taken care of. I learned how it was that things needed to be done, how to handle different situations, and that working with residents who have dementia is different than those who don't. All of the people that I had the pleasure to work with were all very kind, and hard working. They took the time to teach me and help gain experience. The hardest part was seeing the resident pass away but the best part was knowing that they were take care of and given the best care.
Excellent team
After Hours Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 11, 2014
In assisting individuals in death and dying could be hard, but also very rewarding. Every single day you feel as an important part of someone's life. The company is very dedicated to the quality of care and honoring patients and families process of dealing with dying of the loved one. The staff is immensely companioned and supportive.
Pros
Fulfilling job
Cons
Easy to burn out due to demands of work.
Intern/Volunteer
Volunteer Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZAugust 25, 2014
I have volunteered in several capacities with Hospice of the Valley, and have been given additional training to participate in in home care, dementia education, and currently serve as a 11th hour volunteer. This position is chosen due to prior positive service with Hospice of the Valley. Eleventh hour volunteers sit with patients who are in the process of actively dying. We are there to be of help to the family if they are present, and/or to give them respite during this difficult time. But the number one objective is to be a calming presence, ensuring that the patient does not have to die alone. Their are so many rewarding parts of volunteering for Hospice of the Valley, but in choosing one it would be when I have the honor of sitting with a patient who is dying and has no family or friends present. The idea that the act of my being their for someone who has no-one at this time is especially gratifying. the most difficult is when a dying patient has a resemblance to someone I know.
Beautiful Work
Hospice Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 31, 2014
I LOVED sharing time with hospice patients. HOV expertly facilitates volunteers with a enriching experience. They completely support all aspects of service from patient to volunteer, no one is left feeling alone or frustrated. This is the best organization I have ever been involved in, second to none!
Pros
Full support in every way
A great learning experince
CNA (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 7, 2014
I loved this job and and everything about it , except for when the patients died on me. The mangament and whole hospice team are where all amazing people to work with. They showed lots of love and care to thier patients
Pros
Great place to get go cna experince
Cons
Long hours, Work on holidays