Hospice of the Western Reserve Employee Reviews

Nice environment to work
volunteer (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 20, 2015
A typical day would include helping patients with their needs. Giving them water and food were mainly the big things. Everyone is very helpful and there is no stress.
Hospice care for the terminally ill.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 30, 2015
Pros: Making their last days their best days.
Cons: Losing children.
A typical day included working with and assisting up to three patients each day. It was rewarding knowing that I helped make peoples' last days comfortable and serene.
Management was generally hands-off in hospice care to promote a calm and assuring environment.
The hardest part of the job was having children as patients and separating emotions and professionalism.
30-member team serving fluctuating case loads
Spiritual Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 16, 2015
Pros: Making a difference.
Cons: None.
A typical day would involve visiting 4-6 hospice patients/families, calling/texting RNs updates, calling/texting SWs updates as necessary, performing electronic medical documentation on each visit, possibly orienting college student or new employee, possibly teach one chapter of new volunteer training in evening. May work scheduled extended hours.
I learned more about cultural issues, how different religions/faiths/cultures view suffering, dying and death - and how to provide the best care for each patient and family.
Management balances upper management meetings, patient needs, scheduling nursing assistants, answering questions, being liaison with staff physician, and the ever-changing Medicare requirements pertaining to hospice services. My manager was focused, efficient, and available to team members.
My team was focused on meeting patient needs; professional relationship building concerned care of patients. Some office conversation when team members' paths crossed.
The hardest part of this job was when patients/families refused to allow the interventions that would ease their suffering.
The most enjoyable part was building relationships and trust with our patients and families.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioMarch 10, 2015
Pros: environment
Cons: travel
It was a really fun place to work at. The people were really nice and they do a good job for the customer. I was on the road a little bit too much but overall, a great place.
a typical day
Security (Former Employee), Euclid, OHJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day at work while working security was walking the ground, making sure everyone felt safe. The hardest part of the job was developing a relationships with the patients. It was a nice/sad place to work
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 28, 2014
I was a volunteer and learned how to deal with the public.
how to deal with family
nice place to work.
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Lakewood, OHOctober 6, 2014
Provide assistance with ADLs to individuals with disabilities.
love it
CHPNA (Current Employee), ClevelandOctober 3, 2014
love it
love my coworkers
great work environment
love what I do
Caring and loving work place
Dietary Server (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 3, 2014
I would start off on tray line preparing and fixing patients trays. I learned about food safety and health care. My coworkers and team leader were enjoyable to be around. The hardest part was closing the kitchen by yourself at night. The enjoyable part was giving patients excellent customer service.
loved the out look on patient care and quality of life for each patient and their familys
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Ashtabula, OHMarch 26, 2014
Pros: weekend program allowed me to be with my family durning the week.
Cons: i missed a lot of weekend activities
At my last position at this company i worked the weekend program. I loved this, because at the time, my spouse and I were foster parents. This postion allowed me to have the flexibility to be able to help my children and their familys. The company was good at helping us keep a balance between home and work. The management was our partner as well as our boss, which helped keep good communication going. Weekends were very long but I came home feeling good knowing that I did what I could to help my patients and their family through a very difficult time. I felt I was well trained and given the tools and help to do the job well and safely.
While working there, I found everyone is the same. No ego trips!
Hospice Nurse (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 29, 2013
Pros: autonomy to utilize expertise and express ideas to physicians.
Cons: change to salary wages rather than hourly.
An excellent place to work. Staff support is good. Co workers support each other staying late to help finish their shifts so as not to overwhelm next shift.. Hospice Nursing is especially draining physically and emotionally. I found that whatever the discipline from STNA to maintenance to RN, all worked together and were able to lighten the moment some way.

The hardest part of job is night shift admissions when unplanned patients arrive without information from admitting facility. The most enjoyable part of the job was the support of each other.
Deeply satisfying work
Home Care Nurse (Current Employee), OHNovember 23, 2013
Serve patients and families through end of life. Support through symptom management, education, emotional support,, Collaboration with interdisciplinary team and MDs.
Team was key in this workplace; a positive attitude prevailed
Hospice Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Euclid, OHSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: new-found friendships, development of inner strength.
Cons: very little time for lunch, no breaks in the 12 hour work day
There was no such thing as a typical day at Hospice. Each day had its own set of challenges, and blessings. The most wonderful, yet most difficult part of the job as well, was caring for the WWII veterans. What an honor to escort these heroes out of The House, draped with The Flag as our final act of gratitude.
N/A
Volunteer Aide (Former Employee), Euclid, OHJuly 31, 2013
A TYPICAL DAY IS COMING IN AND MAKING SURE EVERYTHING IS CLEAN. I THEN WOULD HELP PREP MEALS AND DELIVER THEM TO THE PATIENTS. SOMETIMES I WOULD SIT IN WITH THE PATIENTS AND HELP THEM AT THEIR REQUEST.
A rewarding experience
Clinical Volunteer (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 29, 2013
Hospice of the Western Reserve is a wonderful organization that is able to help terminally/chronically ill people, and their loved ones, through what is often an emotional and stressful time. I am very proud to be a part of Hospice of the Western Reserve and to be able to meet with some of the amazing people that are under their care. Being a clinical volunteer and visiting with my hospice patients is a very rewarding experience.
Wonderful opportunity to work and develop essential skills for growth
Social Worker (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 22, 2013
This is a wonderful agency that you can utilize and develop new experiential and educational skills to meet the needs of this particular population. This is a place where you can develop all of you while providing a excellent service.
Good job to have
Records Coordinator (Current Employee), Warrensville Heights, OHFebruary 18, 2013
The people are the most enjoyable part of the job. This is a great job to have.
Hospice
STNA (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 11, 2013
I had a lot of fun working at HWR. You meet some great people. Its always something to do!!
A workplace where you know you are making a difference in someones life.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 20, 2012
Pros: satisifaction
Copying, charting, compiling documentation for classes. Set up classes. Scheduling, filing order writing, calendar, general office work.
Organized well run Hospice
Hospice RN for Home/Alternate (Former Employee), Westlake, OHNovember 12, 2012
Pros: flexible with hours and off duties.
Cons: sometimes due to shortage of staff you would be working 40 hrs instead of pt or prn.
Well organized Hospice.Management approach ''hands on''Opportunities of continous Education available at all times.Works with staff on flexabilty and availabilty.Patients always placed first in all areas of nursing care.Co workers really accomadating with hours and working on time lines for patients.