Hospice of the Western Reserve

Hospice of the Western Reserve Employer Reviews

loved the out look on patient care and quality of life for each patient and their familys
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Ashtabula, OHMarch 26, 2014
Pros: weekend program allowed me to be with my family durning the week.
Cons: i missed a lot of weekend activities
At my last position at this company i worked the weekend program. I loved this, because at the time, my spouse and I were foster parents. This postion allowed me to have the flexibility to be able to help my children and their familys. The company was good at helping us keep a balance between home and work. The management was our partner as well as – more... our boss, which helped keep good communication going. Weekends were very long but I came home feeling good knowing that I did what I could to help my patients and their family through a very difficult time. I felt I was well trained and given the tools and help to do the job well and safely. – less
While working there, I found everyone is the same. No ego trips!
Hospice Nurse (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 29, 2013
Pros: autonomy to utilize expertise and express ideas to physicians.
Cons: change to salary wages rather than hourly.
An excellent place to work. Staff support is good. Co workers support each other staying late to help finish their shifts so as not to overwhelm next shift.. Hospice Nursing is especially draining physically and emotionally. I found that whatever the discipline from STNA to maintenance to RN, all worked together and were able to lighten the moment some – more... way.

The hardest part of job is night shift admissions when unplanned patients arrive without information from admitting facility. The most enjoyable part of the job was the support of each other. – less
Deeply satisfying work
Home Care Nurse (Current Employee), OHNovember 23, 2013
Serve patients and families through end of life. Support through symptom management, education, emotional support,, Collaboration with interdisciplinary team and MDs.
Team was key in this workplace; a positive attitude prevailed
Hospice Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Euclid, OHSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: new-found friendships, development of inner strength.
Cons: very little time for lunch, no breaks in the 12 hour work day
There was no such thing as a typical day at Hospice. Each day had its own set of challenges, and blessings. The most wonderful, yet most difficult part of the job as well, was caring for the WWII veterans. What an honor to escort these heroes out of The House, draped with The Flag as our final act of gratitude.
N/A
Volunteer Aide (Former Employee), Euclid, OHJuly 31, 2013
A TYPICAL DAY IS COMING IN AND MAKING SURE EVERYTHING IS CLEAN. I THEN WOULD HELP PREP MEALS AND DELIVER THEM TO THE PATIENTS. SOMETIMES I WOULD SIT IN WITH THE PATIENTS AND HELP THEM AT THEIR REQUEST.
A rewarding experience
Clinical Volunteer (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 29, 2013
Hospice of the Western Reserve is a wonderful organization that is able to help terminally/chronically ill people, and their loved ones, through what is often an emotional and stressful time. I am very proud to be a part of Hospice of the Western Reserve and to be able to meet with some of the amazing people that are under their care. Being a clinical – more... volunteer and visiting with my hospice patients is a very rewarding experience. – less
Wonderful opportunity to work and develop essential skills for growth
Social Worker (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 22, 2013
This is a wonderful agency that you can utilize and develop new experiential and educational skills to meet the needs of this particular population. This is a place where you can develop all of you while providing a excellent service.
Good job to have
Records Coordinator (Current Employee), Warrensville Heights, OHFebruary 18, 2013
The people are the most enjoyable part of the job. This is a great job to have.
Hospice
STNA (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 11, 2013
I had a lot of fun working at HWR. You meet some great people. Its always something to do!!
A workplace where you know you are making a difference in someones life.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 20, 2012
Pros: satisifaction
Copying, charting, compiling documentation for classes. Set up classes. Scheduling, filing order writing, calendar, general office work.
Organized well run Hospice
Hospice RN for Home/Alternate (Former Employee), Westlake, OHNovember 12, 2012
Pros: flexible with hours and off duties.
Cons: sometimes due to shortage of staff you would be working 40 hrs instead of pt or prn.
Well organized Hospice.Management approach ''hands on''Opportunities of continous Education available at all times.Works with staff on flexabilty and availabilty.Patients always placed first in all areas of nursing care.Co workers really accomadating with hours and working on time lines for patients.
Human resource intern day
Human Resource Intern (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 3, 2012
Pros: great learning experience and chance to gain enxperience
I currently am shadowing the Human Resource Generalist to learn more about the position. Also, I perform filing and data entry on benefits and employee records.
In the future, I will be helping with basic Human resource tasks.
A family-like work atmosphere promoting professional development and emotional health.
Palliative Care Team Leader (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 25, 2012
Professional development for all staff is a core value at this organization.
care for patients and support families
certified hospice and palliative nursing assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, ohio/ mentor ,ohioAugust 13, 2012
Pros: working with the patients and their families to make patient comfortable
provided nursing care to 5-6 patients a day, assisted with ADLs and administered wound care to ensure proper healing, coordinated care with doctors, nurses and social workerc, maintained documentation in accordance with required standards
Handling Calls From Other Sites
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 15, 2012
Pros: a very fast pace enviorment
Cons: yearly cookout for the staff during working hours
New opened cases was the normal run of the mill, but it could get intense when a chart was reported dropped off & chart wasn't dropped off. Infact its still in the nurses's bag.