Hospice of the Western Reserve Employee Reviews

Beautiful, and rewarding job
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 7, 2017
The management is very friendly, and caring. The job itself is something special, and is rewarding. Taking care of patients and getting to know them is one of the best perks of nursing. At hospice each room is different, and each family is different. Being able to help someone, and be there for a family means the world to me. I have learned so much from my 10 years there, and no matter how much i think i know i still seem to learn new things each shift. The hardest part of the job is having to say goodbye to those we get close to and love.
Pros
The job teaches you to be grateful, and not take things for granted
I really enjoyed working for the company
Hospice Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHNovember 3, 2017
I really enjoyed working with this company and I am sorry about the things that happened to make me lose my job. I was accused of some things that I did not do and they believed the other person but that comes with the job. I wish that I could go back to them because I really miss working for them. I know they have to do what they have to do but it was just not right.
Pros
Flexible schedule and independent
Cons
Driving all the time in the winter sucks
Ability to use my skills in caring for end of life clients.
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 13, 2017
A typical day at work involved caring for the needs of end of life patients, comforting family members. Making clients ending day s as comfotable as possible. Time managment was imperative to performing daily tasks. Interaciing with family members was vey important. I learned that how you spend your last days is important. The hardest part of the job is sometimes not knowing what to say to a grieving family member. The job was physically demanding.on me as my disabilities with my body came into play.
Pros
Ability to use my skills.
Cons
Physical demands.
Horrible
Financial services (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 8, 2017
Poor Management. Very unfair, uncomfortable work environment as the direct supervisor played favorites and micro managed. Nothing was ever good enough. Unreal expectations, no accountability for upper management. Anxiety ridden atmosphere.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No perks
Organized working office
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHAugust 8, 2017
Working for Hospice of the Western Reserve in Warrensville Heights gave me a better knowledge of hospice as I am more acclimated to skilled home heath.
Great
Hospice Nursing Assistant/Supplies Requisition (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJuly 27, 2017
Learned a lot working for this organization. Felt appreciated and contributed within the disciplinary team.
Was able to branch out at on-call times to help with home care visits as well as nursing home visits.
Did a side job as supplies and requisitions at branch office.
Our branch was very dedicated to their patients as well as the volunteers and churches that help us with our mission and goals. They are the reason I want to get back into hospice care to carry on the legacy they taught me.
Pros
Coordinating staff
Cons
can't think of any
Caring Company
Patient Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 11, 2017
The company had all employees complete a questionnaire about the work environment. From it, they created a team to add more fun into the environment. They looked at adding flexibility. They listened to us and came up with results which made it a better place to work.
Pros
Relaxed, comfortable environment in which our ideas were reviewed and acted upon
Cons
No breaks, only a 45 minute lunch
Quality company, industry leader
TEAM LEADER / HOSPICE RN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 12, 2017
Things have changed since I left, so my review is not up to date, but when I was there the culture was amazing and I recommended the agency to many people. I left because the pay wasn't terribly competitive but the benefit package was really good. If you want to work for a hospice in the Cleveland area...APPLY TO HWR!!!
Pros
culture, benefit package including PTO, responsive management, terrific ability to change positions internally and be promoted from within
Cons
pay
A moderate to fast paced work environment with a team atmosphere
Spiritual Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 9, 2017
I richly enjoyed 10 years working for Hospice of the Western Reserve. A typical day involved review of Weekend Volunteer activity, documentation, morning collaboration with staff and visitation and support for patients and families in a team atmosphere. I learned to provide unconditional cultural, social, and spiritual support. I found management to be fair and consistent. The hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from different backgrounds. Managing volunteer activity and or lack of volunteer activity was challenging.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
1/2 lunch
Hospice is a great concept, always understaffed.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHMay 25, 2017
I love hospice concept and patient care but i worked very stressful long hours and 2 more hrs every evening on charting. All the nurses were stressed out and morale was low Driving was all I did it seems. , i put 6000 miles on my car in 4 months
Poorly run by dishonest management
Hospice Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 3, 2017
Dishonest punitive management. Low pay, worked overtime a lot without pay. Poor communication. Horrible environment.Work late without compensation. Management can lie about employees performance and get away with it. Unhealthy environment
Pros
some coworkers
Cons
Pay, management, dishonest management
Great People
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lorain County, OHApril 19, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at hospice. I really enjoyed the nurses I was able to work with. And how open they were with sharing things about the medical field with me.
Pros
Very Chill
Cons
Hours
Caring staff and meaningful work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 21, 2017
Hospice of the Western Reserve values diversity in meaningful connection through art therapy, music therapy, and spiritual therapy. They really go above and beyond to ensure a positive and meaningful hospice experience.
Work place is nice
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 4, 2017
The workplace is overall a nice place and we also have alot of freedom. We drive to our clients homes an provide one on one patient care.
Pros
We work by ourselves on the road
Cons
We need longer lunch breaks and a increase on mileage
Good position at the time
Did data entry (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHJanuary 26, 2017
WAs a temporary job through an agency. WAs given the chance to learn the receptionist job as well. Worked with a variety of kind caring people...liked the atmosphere.
Pros
Learned to work in 2 programs at the same time
Cons
no chance for direct hire
Calm and Loving Environment
Hospice Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 13, 2016
Hospice of Reserve is an excellent to work if are able to care for terminally ill patients. The staff provides wonderful care to all of their patients. I would recommend Hospice to anyone who is in need of employment or in need of a facility for terminally ill family member.
Positive Team Culture, Unreasonable Productivity Expectations
Registered Nurse Homecare (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 28, 2016
HWR does an excellent job of meeting patient needs. Highly skilled and devoted physicians and staff overall. The office I was with has a very supportive and welcoming culture. However recent changes in top management together with changes to Medicare have resulted in totally unrealistic demands on nurses time. Position is salaried and effectively requires many, many hours of unpaid work from RN's.
Pros
opportunity to provide excellent hospice services
Cons
terrible work life balance
Overall a great place to work.
RN On Call (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 12, 2016
Hospice of Western Reserve is one of the biggest and best hospices in the country, there training of their employess in how to care for terminally ill patients and their families, surpasses all others. The hardest part of the job was being on backup and activated to work on my days off just about everytime I was on backup. The very best part of the job is and always will be the patients and families that you are able to care for and help through an extremely difficult time in all of their lives.
Pros
Training, compensation, great coworkers.
Cons
Back up scheduling for on call.
Very well organized
DIRECT CARE VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 11, 2016
I love volunteering with the Hospice of the Western Reserve. They provide great service. Great educational programs.
Enjoyable
Hospitality Security and Maintaince (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 3, 2016
My job was as enjoyable as it can be in a field that revolves around the passing of loved ones. The management could be very understanding at times and willing to work with employees to get things done. The most enjoyable part of my day was getting to watch the sunrise with patients that liked to wake up early just to watch the sunrise.
Pros
I was able to help comfort people.
Cons
Breaks were a little short.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hospice of the Western Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.