Hospice Employee Reviews in United States

Very relaxed work environment
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 23, 2016
Great group of coworkers all working together to accomplish one goal, help our patients and families. The main lesson I have learned working with this company is life is too short to not be happy. At any moment you or a loved one could lose there life, need to focus on spending time with those whom matter. As a supervisor I am involved with many upper management meetings and decisions. This company truly tries to put there best foot forward during difficult times and does whatever they can to make sure our patients and families have one of the most wonderful non stressful experiences. In regards to the co-workers I have never experienced such a close knit group of people with quite a few similar interests. The most difficult part of the job, in my opinion, is when you receive calls for a child. Whether it be for equipment or for supplies. The most enjoyable part of the job truly is working with the people we work with every single day.
Pros
Coworkers, Room for Improvement
Cons
Currently going through quite a bit of changes with the systems. Can be a struggle at times.
not fun
primary caregiver for mother (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 24, 2015
hard and hot. very stressful and pay was not that great. But I did job.I dont like to review this company.I dont know what else to say.
Fast pace and ever changing proceedures
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 22, 2014
A typical day at hospice was never that. You work in a place and help people that are at the end of the life, this can be as rewarding as it is painful. Sometimes the most pain is the family left behind but thinks to this wonderful place takes care of the families emotional long after the passing of the patient have past. As far as your co-workers, they do not feel like this at all, it dont take long if anytime at all and they feel like family, matter of fact the most used word in staff meetings was hospice family.
Pros
great hours and team mates
Cons
as a non-profit place it was hard if not impossible to get a raise
Enjoyed working one on one with patients and families in thier home
Travel Nurse RN- Accountable Health Care Staffing (Current Employee) –  New MexicoOctober 1, 2014
Would begin the day around 0830 and visit multiple homes completing necessary Medicaid/Medicare Nursing Home visit Assessment and paperwork. Each home visit lasted about 1.5-2 hours depending of the level of care the patient was receiving. I would complete approximately 3-4 visits in a day depending on their location in relation to each other. I learned end of life care and management, Medicaid/Medicare paperwork and requirements. Enjoyed working with co-workers and different disciplines such as PT, OT, SLP, CNA. Most enjoyable and hardest part was the honor of being a part of this sacred event of dying.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
emotional
Not a good company!!!!
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  AnywhereMay 21, 2014
Biggest mistake ever!!!! They DO NOT care about patient care. It's ALL about filling a position with a warm body. You are NOT allowed to take a lunch or break...THEY will out and out LIE to keep you employed. Management is very unprofessional. They give praise and raises to employees who will go and add GOOD reviews to this website!!! As an RN you will not be allowed to call any other tems members to deaths!!! Chaplains have a caseload of over 50 patient's!!!!!!! They never attend deaths, and are not required too. They work their RN's 24/7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They tell you no overtime is allowed, so after 40 hours you have to lie on your timesheet so only 40 hours shows. On call pay is 2.00 per hour so if you take 5 calls you are not allowed to show your actual time and only receive 2.00
Cons
24/7 care for all rn's
Hospice
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZSeptember 13, 2013
Hospice work is not for everyone, it takes a special person to assist the dying. For myself, I found working for Hospice rewarding. Knowing that assisting death and dying to allow a person to exit this world as comfortable as possible is rewarding. Families find comfort in knowing their loved ones are exiting this world aspainfree as possible, in addition counceling is available for the family to except the death of their loved one.
Pros
allows a peaceful death
Cons
everyone grieves in their own way, death is final
Productive and fun place to work
Volunteer worker (Former Employee) –  FosythSeptember 29, 2013
A day at the Hospice center is working with the main CEO's and doing there executive paper work, filing, and other administrative assistant work. Other days you go into work and will be sent to other locations and accommodate the patients at the other Hospice center and help coordinate functions like bingo night. The simplest things make the old folks happy and seeing them happy in good care makes me happy!
Pros
seeing the smiles on the old people
Cons
short hours
Great place to work at.Many competent people and reliable.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 21, 2012
This line of work is tough and not for the faint of heart.Very emotionally stressing do to the work offered and recieved. I have nothing bad to say about it , they were a big family and welcome me like I was one of their own.
Pros
free lunch, shaded parking lot good pay and great hours
Cons
horrible location and very depressing job
Great people to work with
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 30, 2012
My typical day was production line work, also machine operating. This was a team job and learned that very well. Management was good. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was third shift. The enjoyable part was interacting with my co-workers.
The worst part was that the company closed down.
Nice place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 29, 2014
Learning experience while helping others. A way to enhance skills and keep active. Most enjoyable part of job is working with dedicated people who are willing to teach and be patient at the same time.
Pros
good people to work with and learn from.
Cons
no paying openings.
Productive and allows me to work closely with my patients .
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg,VAAugust 22, 2014
The only thing I can say about Hospice is its a great place to work. You feel like an actual family at Hospice. Everyone works well together to make sure the patients and the patients families have the best care and support.
Benefits.
Hospice Servies (Former Employee) –  Minden, LAJuly 4, 2013
Provided a place of growth. Ability to educate. Ability to work as a team with numerous other professionals. Provided a means to care for others through teaching, comfort care, etc.
Pros
ability to provide comfort to patients during their final phases of life.
Good people with caring hearts
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 30, 2012
Working in this environment was a great experience. Leadership changed quite often but that was to get the best leader for the company.
Pros
meeting great families and co-workers
Cons
no healthcare benefits for non-salary workers
productive work place
home health cna (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 5, 2012
careing for in home terminal patients
most enjoyable was helping people and making the familey feel good in some way during the end of life care for a loved one,
Pros
loved caring for people
not a great place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 9, 2013
Workload is extremely high. Extremely long hours causing poor care. Combative management. No support for nurses or other staff. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
small town life
Cons
horrible management
hospice turned out to be a wonderful life experice.
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 13, 2014
I love working hospice nice pay and for the most part nice works..
Pros
get to meet and learn from alot of different cultures.
Cons
people dieing quick
provide a safe,securd and balace for patients
Nurse assistant (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJuly 28, 2012
good communicaton,sef motivation,and dignity for patients
Pros
used my interpersonal skills
Cons
being able to interreact with people
Great experience
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 16, 2013
traveling
the meaning of death
great management
my co workers were good
seeing people that are dying
helping the families at their time of need
over all it is a great place to work, just need to pay more
CNA I (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 21, 2013
i enjoy working here and have a great understanding of the dying process
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
need more money an hour
i was a in home health aide
Home Health Aid (Former Employee) –  New City, NYMarch 14, 2013
Ive learned many nursing skills most enjoyable part of my job was making a persons life expectancy enjoyable fulling.

4.2