Hospira, Inc Employee Reviews

Constant changing requirements and management
Calibration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 1, 2018
Benefits were very good, however, the Engineering Department was in a constant state of flux, managers were hired to run departments with no experience in the field and a perception of favoritism and inappropriateness prevailed with the Department Director.
the best time of my life at hospira
SVP (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 22, 2018
very laid back job experience at this company and great benefits. you have alot of paid time off that come in handy doing shut down time of vocation. overall great job
Pros
the employees
Cons
long hours at times
Fast paced environment, but not stressful
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJanuary 3, 2018
Fast paced environment, but not stressful. I would definitely recommend people to work here. Management is good and flexible. Benefits are outstanding. Thumbs up.
Pros
People
Cons
slow to make changes
Combination of clinical and sales experience
Anesthesia and Critical Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILNovember 29, 2017
To do this job well you need to have a clinical background and savvy sales experience. You will need to be able to work with out much support from the manager/director.
Pros
being in the OR and with talented clients
Cons
management
Provide employment for surrounding areas.
Injector Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 27, 2017
A typical day included knowing what the schedule was like. Preventative maintenance work orders (PMs) was readily available. Along with provided lunch breaks, my department had flexible morning and afternoon breaks to meet the needs of areas. This flexibility enabled me to follower up with work orders performed that day to gauge satisfaction and/or any additional work needed to equipment.
Pros
Overtime was available.
Cons
Better than I anticipated.
Batch Release Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 18, 2017
Hospira is a productive/competitive company to work for with many perks to offer. I worked many jobs and gained many skills while working at Hospira. I trained and became very valuable to the company. I completed my job and help others to complete theirs. Management was in place but of course needed help like any other company or industrial. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the demands that was out of my control. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming to the end of the day and knowing I've accomplished my job and the company had benefited from me completing my job.
Benefits
Cons
Uncertainty
Large company culture
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILOctober 12, 2017
Organization is very driven by doing what is right for the customer, and delivering top quality products. Highly matrixed organization that remains effective.
Not a good place to work
Technical Lead-Research and Development (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILOctober 1, 2017
Not a good place to work, people felt like the direction was constantly changing, people were just not friendly,information wasn't shared among others
Questionable at best-bought by Phizer
Reseach & Development Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILSeptember 26, 2017
Think things are up in the air there. Not sure of what Phizer will do to them. My division was completely removed, so was I and all my co-workers. So it is a shaky boat.
Pros
Some very good resources and very good people.
Cons
Unstable business environment.
Production wass fun and loyal to QA
Manufacturing Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCSeptember 9, 2017
Company had 12 hours shift but the supervisors were active 24/7 a week. Management was flexible and understandable about production issues. Management did not want to improve their processes
Benefits
Cons
Competition
Always get to work on time and never late, work hard every day of the week
Production Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 6, 2017
articulate and stay focus at all time at work, always do the right thing at first time.
Work with pears on regular bases to archive a meaningful goat
Pros
good working enviroment
Good location
Document Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJuly 25, 2017
The project was a short one (5 month contract), and there was sometimes a lack of direction by Hospira directors/managers regarding what information they wanted in the reports.
Pros
Newer facilities
Cons
No computer provided for the first month.
Productive work environment
National Clinical Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2017
I was able to work from home most of the time and work/life balance was great. Our product was bought out by and individual company that had never led a healthcare company before and was noticed.
Life changing work
Customer Care/Supply Continuity (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJuly 18, 2017
We work diligently to get our life saving drugs to as many people as we can. This is a draining job, as you hear so many different stories that tug at your heart. I just push through as many obstacles that might be in the way to try and get product out the door.
Pros
The amazing stories of how we helped people
Cons
Products in short supply or depleted stock
Great for Entry Level Quality Job
Data Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJuly 14, 2017
If you are searching for an entry level job Hospira was a great choice however, Hospira is now Pfizer.

See Pfizer reviews for more information about job.
Compliance is key
Regulatory Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJune 28, 2017
12-14 hour days required to meet compliance needs and coach/mentor global employees. Expectations to complete project deliverables as quickly as possible while maintaining compliance.
Pros
20% bonus
Cons
Work life balance
fun
Quality Assurance Specialist III/ (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 30, 2017
inspection of production line
learned a lot about medicine
management was very professional and caring
the hardest part of job was sitting and inspecting for hours at a time
Pros
big cafeteria great food
Cons
breaks to short
Good for a period of time
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILMay 9, 2017
Training was good here, and work load was bearable. Unfortunately, regulatory problems deteriorated the quality of the company. Most of the residual Abbott benefits slowly eroded over time.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Lots of regulatory problems
Loving it
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCApril 17, 2017
I loved working here but I felt I needed a change from pharmaceuticals and decided to give public service a chance. This company was good to me and I do miss it sometimes.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 18, 2017
Enjoyed my time there. Field sales should be commended for the heavy lifting they do everyday, making sure that their customers are treated and serviced to the utmost.