Hospira, Inc

Hospira, Inc Employer Reviews

Good
Electrical Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Lake Forest, ILOctober 21, 2014
Pros: -
Cons: -
Good Company. A great learning experience.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Good Company. A great learning experience.--------Good Company. A great learning experience.--------Good Company. A great learning experience.--------Good Company. A great learning experience.--------Good Company. – more... A great learning experience.--------Good Company. A great learning experience.--------Good Company. A great learning experience.--------Good Company. A great learning experience.--------Good Company. A great learning experience.-------- – less
Awful company, corrupt management
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Lake ForestSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: cheap, poor quality, inept training department, poor communication
This company was once an Abbott company and spun off 10 years ago. Corrupt upper management has led to poor quality issues, FDA ship holds and an organization that is going under rapidly.
Excellent Company
Global Capital Operations Manager (Current Employee), Lake Forest, ILSeptember 9, 2014
Very strong management and global direction. Diverse engineering and global capital involvement.
N/A
Sr. Production Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: 401k
Cons: product demand versus capacity
An evolving pharmaceutical manufacturing company. Heavily investing in quality improvements.
Awful company to work for
Technical Writer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 12, 2014
No advantages to working here. Inflexible hours, ambiguous job, no job security.
Worked lots of weekends
Validation Engineer Technician (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 22, 2014
Worked lots of weekends, long work days, and the location is not ideal
Easy Overtime
Scientific Laboratory Technician II (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: hours
Overtime available if hourly employee since factory runs 24/7
Corporate all the way, people do not matter.
manufacturing (Former Employee), McPherson, KSJune 21, 2014
Pros: decent 401k contribution. pay is somewhat good for area.
Cons: inequitable pay at hiring, poor treatment of employees injured at work, demoralizing atmosphere.
Employees feel like cattle. There is little respect or appreciation of employees. Unprofessional leads and atmosphere of bullies rule. Very demoralizing in general. The only satisfied employees might be those working in the nicer positions in management with little idea what it is like on the line.
Excellent Company
Laboratory Assistant Intern (Current Employee), Lake Forest, ILJune 9, 2014
Very good company to work for!!! I really enjoyed my time and experience here. All of the employees and staff were wonderful to work with.
N/A
Global Deployment Manager (Current Employee), Lake Forest, ILFebruary 10, 2014
Working with the Global Teams is always a great experience.
n/a
Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Lake Forest, ILSeptember 26, 2013
Good culture, strong retirement benefits. All around a good place to work.
Administration of Human Resources
RH Training Analyst (Former Employee), Lake Forest, ILAugust 31, 2013
A training analysis is conducted to identify training, goals, and skill sets that the Training Program needs to accomplish with employees so that they can meet organizational goals with duties included below:
 Recruit personnel for the company and support the Recruitment Staff.
 Prepare job descriptions and person specification criteria.
 Coordinate – more... and developed teaching materials that focused on classroom interaction and certification.
 Responsible for the entire learning process and its environment, to ensure that the course meets its objectives and is measured and evaluated to understand how learning impacts business results.
 Consult with onsite Supervisors regarding available performance improvement services and conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new employees. This resulted in helping all employees maintain and improve their job skills, and possibly prepare for jobs requiring greater skill.
 Lead programs to assist employees with job transitions as a result of mergers in the company, as well as technological changes.
 Support with the administration of employee benefits plan
 modernize and maintained employee manuals
 Control, restructured and managed HR database
 Lever general HR queries – less
Great Benefits, flexible schedule
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee), Clayton, NCAugust 18, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, close to home, weekends off
Cons: no upward mobility
Learned about working in a Warehouse enviroment, learned how to drive a forktruck, learned alot cGMP protocols.
it as a nice company
Voice Service Specialist (Former Employee), Lake Forest, ILAugust 7, 2013
Pros: was able to get overtime
Cons: didnt have flex time
a nice company to work for. people there are hard workers. management was there to help their employees. the position I had was never boring.
Productive workplace
Technician (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCAugust 4, 2013
Pros: a total of 3 breaks a day. paid time and a half after 40 hours.
Cons: temporary job
I had good times at work, days went by fast being able to enjoy my coworkers.
I learned a lot about my workplace and how to deal with the people I worked with.
I got along with and tolerated all my co-workers.
The hardest part of work was when we worked long days and nights.
The most enjoyable part of the job was everything, the work was very interesting, – more... I really enjoyed what I did. – less
Wonderful place to work. If I wasn't moving out of state I wouldn't be leaving the job!
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 24, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, great co-workers
Cons: healthcare coverage could be better
Working for TheraDoc,which is a subsidiary of Hospira, has been a wonderful experience. The people are pleasant, caring and fun. I couldn't have asked for a better environment to work in. You can tell the people there value their commitment to the company and to the work product. I learned a lot about how a good company operates, and I hope to carry – more... that same energy into my new role with another company. – less
Under going significant remediation and transformation
Finance (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJune 13, 2013
Pros: many opportunities
Cons: high stress, tense, questionable worklife balance
Largest mfg site in the midst of significant remediation and transformation due to regulatory issues. Very tense environment at this time so lacks adequate worklife balance. Many opportunities to contribute in a rapidly changing environment experiencing high turnover.
Unstable
Area Specialist/ Extrusion Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Round Rock, TxMay 22, 2013
Pros: barely a float
Cons: still employed
Ive been with the for a while now, and it seems to be going down hill.
I would not recommend the company to anybody
Very Challenging times over the past 3 years and I do not see an improvement for another 18-24 months
Device and Technology Specialist (DTS) Field Based (Current Employee), Forrest, ILDecember 6, 2012
challenging times, not aggressive to gain market share, contracting department is lacking reasonable response times and getting worse, not better even with addition of new contracting software
Able to communicate well in productive envrionment
Production Line Operator/Back-up Technician (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCDecember 4, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work overtime for fellow co-workers. I learn how to deal with different personalities.
Management was fine, sometimes didnt understand reasoning but I made sure I did my part to make operations run smoothe.

About Hospira, Inc

Hospira, Inc. (Hospira), is a specialty pharmaceutical and medication delivery company that develops, manufactures and markets – Read more