Hospira, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Pharmacovigilance role with flexible hours
Senior Analyst Literature Surveillance (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMarch 20, 2016
I began working at Abbott Labs and became a literature analyst when the company spun off as Hospira in 2004. I enjoyed reviewing peer reviewed journals. Journals were reviewed and assessed to see if they contained adverse events associated with our drug products. Reports would for the adverse events would then be drafted and submitted to the FDA.

In 2005, this role was internally sourced to our team in Manila, Philippines. I was given the opportunity to travel to Manila to train the team there. I developed collegial relationships with colleagues locally and abroad because of that opportunity.

The hardest part was continuing to be resource while remote. The time difference could be difficult. Nevertheless, we made it work and our metrics did not falter.
Pros
The role encouraged my love of reading
Cons
Minimizing my role as it tranisitioned overseas
Was one one the best places to work!
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILFebruary 17, 2016
I loved my time with Abbott/Hospira.
I started as a temp in 1988 was was hired in 1989 (Abbott)
I was part of the spin off (Hospira) until I was laid off June 2010.
I worked with so many wonderful people and learn so much.
Pros
Great company with wonderful benefits
Cons
really no cons
Started the company, stayed with it through buy-out
Test Method Analyst, Marketed Product Quality (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILNovember 6, 2015
Under the correct management, advancing opportunities to expand skill set provided. Vacation time appreciated. Sad to see the company that I helped found be bought out this year.
I was working Test and Investigative Engineering Technician III
T&I Engineering Technician III (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 28, 2015
Performed functional test to confirm Customer complaint. Troubleshooting return device to component level. Entered test result to INET system, SAP system, and Track wise system. I also worked for Reliability Lab Engineering Technician III conduct test in Reliability /QA lab to assure product meets/exceed specifications. Performed reliability testing and prepare reports on results.
great people, great company
Production Operator / CFE (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCAugust 8, 2015
Good company with great people to work with and a great learning experience. Co workers work together and at time had fun.
Pros
great products
Cons
no work at times
Maunfucaturing
Manufacturing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 2, 2015
Great manufacturing work experience, working for Hospira gives you 3-4 years of work experience in 2-3 years on site. Highly regulated work environment so following the SOPs and Batch Records is a must.
Good company
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCMay 21, 2015
Hospira is a good company to work for. There are opportunities for advancement and development. Hospira is now being acquired by Pfizer.
Great place to work!
Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAApril 12, 2015
An off-shoot of Abbott Labs, the company is successful in producing infusion pumps, even though recently it has been purchased by Pfizer. It had a good work environment and the people were good to work with. Not sure if infusion pumps will be part of Pfizer's future.
Decent Company
Lyo Production Equipment Specialist (Current Employee) –  McPherson, KSApril 6, 2015
It has been a learning experience. 12 hour shift work takes a while to get used to. Performance based raises are not really based on performance.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Co-Workers make this a great place to work; benefits not quite up to par.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMarch 19, 2015
Hospira was a vibrant company when first spun away from Abbott Laboratories; it will be hard to watch Hospira fade away with the closing of the Pfizer transaction. I wish all of my co-workers well and hope they all achieve success with either Pfizer or another company lucky enough to employ them.

Want to know more about Hospira, Inc?

Ask a question
Hospira is a great place to work and learn about the pharmaceutical industry.
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Hospira and its focus on life saving medication and medical devices is a great place to work. There is a focus on a good work-life balance - with recognition that at times there are tougher work loads.
Pros
our products save lives
Cons
getting bought by pfizer
Good Company overall. Good compensation
Procurement (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILFebruary 5, 2015
Good benefits. Good pay. Procurement organization needs work to be best in class. Not very strategic.
very little communication from leadership to employees.
Slow moving projects and very employee dependent with progress.
Not all that good
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 2, 2015
Not the best place to work as it used to be. You spend more time documenting things than you do servicing IV pumps for your customers. Company has a lot of issues with their IV pumps and they will not listen to the people who service them everyday as to what the problem/solutions are. No real technical education or background is really needed here. If you can turn a screwdriver, swap out a board, and walk while chewing gum then you are more than qualified. I have a BS degree in Electronics Engineering Technology and have yet to use one ounce of my education here.
Pros
company van
Cons
too many to list and growing every day
Not a fun place to work
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2015
Learned a lot about pharmaceutical engineering and made a lot of significant contribution.
Pros
opportunities to learn a lot about engineering challenges in pharma manufacturing environment
Cons
regressive management
No comment
GLOBAL QUALITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILNovember 4, 2014
This was a great place to work when first started, but went downhill very fast, especially the last few years.
Cons
no comment
Awful company, corrupt management
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Lake ForestSeptember 20, 2014
This company was once an Abbott company and spun off 10 years ago. Corrupt upper management has led to poor quality issues, FDA ship holds and an organization that is going under rapidly.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
cheap, poor quality, inept training department, poor communication
Excellent Company
Global Capital Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILSeptember 9, 2014
Very strong management and global direction. Diverse engineering and global capital involvement.
N/a
Sr. Production Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 7, 2014
An evolving pharmaceutical manufacturing company. Heavily investing in quality improvements.
Pros
401k
Cons
product demand versus capacity
Awful company to work for
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 12, 2014
No advantages to working here. Inflexible hours, ambiguous job, no job security.
Worked lots of weekends
Validation Engineer Technician (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 22, 2014
Worked lots of weekends, long work days, and the location is not ideal