Hospira Employee Reviews

Different groups worked well together to maintain timelines
QA Label Editor (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILApril 6, 2017
Once Pfizer bought Hospira, we had to get used to working with Pfizer's way of performing operations. In Hospira, where I was a QA Label Editor (in the Quality Systems Division), I performed change control and redlining, updating specifications and labels. Once Pfizer took over, my group fell under their Regulatory Affairs and Safety Division, however I performed the same functions as I did when under Hospira's Quality Systems Division.
Hospira Review
Client Relationship Manager, Device Technology (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILApril 4, 2017
Hospira was recently purchased by ICU Medical and the no longer exits. ICU Medical cut the sales force shortly after the acquisition by 90%, 188 positions in sales
Pros
Culture, commraderie
review
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCApril 4, 2017
I've been with Hospira/Pfizer for four years now. I work with Management and other employee with projects. Pfizer is a good place to work. But I'm looking for something permanent with no layoff.
Productive place to gain experience
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2017
Great place to gain experience if you are given the chance to advance in positions. Management is somewhat transparent when it comes to status of company.
No full term position
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMarch 19, 2017
Nice company to work, but there is no permanent position for this job. Very nice people to work with. Small company with advantage of moving up if employee.
it is a place to work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMarch 16, 2017
Hard worker and dependable great to get along with people and I have a team player personality. Don't mind listening and learning more. Always wanting to improve and more up in company.
Great place to work.
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMarch 9, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Hospira. Nice place and colleagues. Part of operations team, handling tickets and configuring the cisco devices. Learnt many new things.
productive and nice workplace.
production operator (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 14, 2017
i inspect medications we had a lunch and a break. my manager was nice. hardest part was working 3rd shift trying to stay woke through a 8 hour period. enjoyable part was my coworkers and the money was good.
Pros
free uniforms, overtime, great pay
Cons
short breaks
great company
Supplier CAPA Commitment Lead (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILFebruary 8, 2017
great company to work with in pharma industry and employee empowerment. good working condition is great. good training provided. experience good on resume.
It may have changed...
Packaging Designer (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJanuary 31, 2017
I loved the people I worked with directly. My immediate supervisor was fantastic, fair, knowledgeable and a great mediator.
The company seemed to struggle with management and where each department belonged. My department was basically dismantled and as I know it, there is really only one person left there.
I believe there was too much emphasis on moving up the ladder and not enough departmental nurturing or the promotion of growth for departments or individuals in one position. It was encouraged to move out of your position and into another.
Pros
normal corporate benefits
Cons
most lower positions are contract
Work culture eroded post acquistion
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJanuary 30, 2017
The company was a good place to work with smart people and a fun culture. However with senior management churn the culture eroded. Upward mobility was limited due to constant change in strategy and focus in IT.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management culture
Good exposure - difficult to advance.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJanuary 5, 2017
Good stepping stone. Great colleagues. Management not always connected. Fantastic customers. Recurrent supply issues.
Productive work environment.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 28, 2016
Knowing that I done my best to satisfy out customers in the pharmaceutical industry.

Learning that you should take your time and do your job in a timely manner to the best of your ability.

The most enjoyable part of my previous job was knowing i was working for a company that cares about their customers and patients that was receiving the medication.
Summary
Maintenance/Tech II (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 18, 2016
Co-Workers are hard working people and willing to help you out.
Hardest part of job is the second and third shift hours with family.
Compensation benefits are good.
it was a productive job that kept you learning new things
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2016
my cow works and management where great some of the best people i have ever worked for and with the job was hard physically and mentally stimulating as you always had to learn to operate new machines and equipment i loved the learning everyday there was something new to learn
Pros
lots of over time good pay
Cons
long hours hard work
Steady and productive
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NC 27804November 15, 2016
There is always an opportunity to make over time with this company. In the department I was located in they were supportive of each other, and always worked as a team. Great Place to work over all
Pros
Reequired Team Work and Dedication
Cons
No permanent positions in this area
Great team of dedicated employees.
Quality Engineer, Customer Complaint Investigator (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 11, 2016
Great team of dedicated employees. The hardest part of the job is the long hours required to meet established goals. The best part of the job is the satisfaction of completing assignments and providing quality results for the customers.
Purchased by Pfizer
Technician (Current Employee) –  Rocky MountNovember 10, 2016
Hospira was a good company to work for...then we were purchased by Pfizer. We are a year in they have shuttered or sold several facilities and are in the process of gutting the facility I work at...the current environment is toxic at best. But hey that's business right.
Pros
Might still have a job
Cons
Might not
overall good
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 4, 2016
Good people to work with,good company,not to well on advanvement
opportunities for a company that size.Would recommend job to someone to work there.
Pros
good pay
Cons
non
Oppurtinuty
Sr. Manufacturing Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 26, 2016
Obliviously spent 20 years in a great service. Opportunity to advance and do things only a member of the armed services can accomplish. great memories and great lifetime friends.
Pros
Ability to advance
Cons
Loss of rights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hospira. Our community is ready to answer.