Hospira

Hospira Employee Reviews

Unstable Site for a Big company
Operator / Molding Process Tech (Former Employee), Buffalo NYMay 21, 2015
recently sold to another molding facility. Things went down hill once Abbot sold. EVERYONE is miserable due to the schedule I presume.
Intense and challenging work environment with excellent team members
Validation and Remediation Project Reviewer (Former Employee), Lake Forest, ILMay 20, 2015
A typical day involved assigning projects to team members and monitoring issues throughout the day. Client meetings to keep track of overall validation project. Coordination with Chemistry and Microbiology lab teams. Had great relationship with management and coworkers- acted as middleman in supervisory role. Most difficult part of job was the coordinating with so many teams, but this was also the most enjoyable as it kept me on my toes- each day brought a new role to the position.
PRODUCTIVE ENJOYED WORKPLACE
CDA CONTROL DRUG AGENT (Former Employee), ROCKY MOUNTMay 11, 2015
Pros: ENJOYED WORKING
Cons: GET SICK ON THE JOB
TEAMWORK WITH LOTS OF PRODUCTIVE WORK OUT PUT!
I ENJOYED WORKING HARD AND MAKING MY LC's HAPPY WITH KNOWING EVERYTHING THAT THEY NEEDED WAS READY! ALREADY PULLED UP FROM THE WAREHOUSE AND VAULT. IT ALSO MADE ME HAPPY KNOWING THAT I WAS DOING A GREAT JOB AND ALL MY CO-WORKERS ENJOYED MY HARD WORK ALSO!! THE JOB WAS NOT HARD AT ALL UNLESS YOU DID NOT HAVE YOUR PRODUCT READY TO GO! I MADE MY POINT TO KEEP MY PRODUCT PULLED UP AND READY TO BE PUT ON MY PRODUCTION LINES.
Chemical manufacturing site
Manufacturing Technician II (Current Employee), Boulder, COMay 8, 2015
Pros: Rewarding to make a difference in others lives through manufacturing of needed drug therapies.
Cons: Promotions are limited and are more so title adjustments/realignments.
Chemical manufacturing of biosimilars that touches every corner of the globe. Typical to bring in new hires that have experience outside of the company.
productive, nice loving people
Production Worker (Former Employee), McPherson, KSMay 5, 2015
Pros: good job security, great benefits, great pay, good job advancment, wonderful co workers
Cons: somewhat chaotic at times
the company is very productive. full of the most wonderful people you would ever meet. great place for job advancment and learning
Hard work with good benefits
production technician (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCApril 28, 2015
Pros: every other weekend off, holiday pay, vacation pay, shutdown
Cons: some nights are very very busy, other nights are slow. You never really know.
The job is good and it pays well, however the situation that we are sometimes faced with on a daily basis gets a little hard. Their seems to be a lot of favoritism amongst the team and of course with this, some people get treated better than others. They get easier work than others. But overall it is a great job and a great opportunity. As long as you stay out of the drama then you will be just fine.
Good people
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Fishers, INApril 22, 2015
Pros: Good people; products that improve patient lives and save customers money.
Cons: Supply and regulated challenges
I love my job and the customers I serve. However, we are challenged by GPO contracting and not able to truly sell our products.. Strong pipeline of products on the horizon but sales will be dependent on GPO awards. This is the toughest part of my job.
productive
Solution operator or Bioprocessing technician (Current Employee), rocky mount ncApril 21, 2015
Its productive with small complication as far as work load to man power ratio. The hardest part of the job is tackling the amount of work that is left for u in a short amount of time.
Clayton Plant is closing.
Manufacturing Documentation Technician (Former Employee), Clayton NCApril 20, 2015
Pros: Close to home. Good co-workers to work with.
Cons: Site closing.
I have found Hospias's Clayton plant a good place to work, but Hospira has decided to close this site at the beginning of July.
Awesome
Security Guard (Current Employee), McPherson, KSApril 1, 2015
Great job to work for starting out. The people are great. I learned that some bosses are nice and some horrible. Coworkers are awesome. Interacting with customers.
Quality Chemist
Chemist (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Management, Great learning experience
Cons: Methods
This is a great place to cut your teeth in the pharmaceutical quality industry. The biggest challenge is dealing with the methods. The methods are in a major need of updating; however, once you are acquainted with deciphering these methods, methods from most other companies should come with ease. The management is knowledgeable about pharmaceutical quality. Overall, it is a great company to work for.
Productive and clean enviorment
Pharmacuetical Assistant (Current Employee), McPherson, KSMarch 18, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: breaks and judgement
I was trained to light test ampules and accumulate as the passed the the dabricos. My co-workers are very friendly and hard working as well.The hardest part of my job is making sure the ampules are free of particulite matter,cracks and sharp tops. I enjoyed helping make a difference in the medical aspect and helping people everyday.
Production Operator (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMarch 18, 2015
Worked 12 hour shifts. Great pay. Great job. assisted in the production of IV bags and filling IV bags with solution. The co-workers made the day go by faster, The job wasn't hard at all. Just long hours. But after awhile you get used to it.
Productive workplace
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Clayton, NCMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good place to gain knowledge
Cons: the company closing
Hospira has been a good place to work. Have learned a lot but unfortunately they are closing. The management has been changing frequently in the past year I believe due to the sale. The hardest part of my job has been the increase in hours due to the sale. The most enjoyable part of my job has been my fellow employees.
No comment.
Biological Quality Analyst I (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMarch 11, 2015
I gained experience in aseptic technique and handling of samples in a cGMP/cGDP environment. Very large company with many employees.
Great Opportunity
Nursing Education/Staff Support (Former Employee), Lake Forest, ILMarch 5, 2015
Contracted nurse, contract completed. Great opportunity to travel to all the states in the United States and Alaska...Able to complete work in safe working conditions. Able to meet and have contact with people from all over the USA.
Excellent opportunity for hard workers, but there is pay ceiling for most workers.
Pharmacy Attendant (Current Employee), McPherson, KSFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime opportunities
Cons: pay ceiling
Hospira is a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant that prepares injectable medical vials. Work can be labor intensive and monotonousness.
Great company to work at
Producation Operator (Former Employee), Austin TXFebruary 25, 2015
Hours were good for working parents. Management was good at balancing out work. The product they made safe other peoples lives so made me feel like I was helping others
productive and great work ethics
Solution Technician (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 23, 2015
great job to work for and the people was attentive to there employees . I would recommend this job to people. I had personal things to come into play but now all is well by the grace of God.
Great first job for graduates
Production Operator (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: the people
wonderful work environment with smart people, I enjoy coming to work here everyday. It is great. great company where you can learn new things with an excellent and skilled team

1 2 3 4 5

About Hospira

Hospira helps hospitals heal the hurting. The company makes specialty injectable pharmaceuticals (primarily generics) including – Read more

Hospira Salaries