Hospira

Hospira Employer Reviews

assembley
Manufacturing/Serialization Validation Engineer (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 19, 2014
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: short brake
We had to mkae sure that the medicine in the bags was label corret before getting sent to packaging. We alos had to rotate every 20 mins on the line so everybody did everything that day.
Engineering (Current Employee), NCJuly 19, 2014
It was a nice company to work for before focusing on closing NC operations to move to India. Sounds like all pharma companies will soon be there.
topic on the job
Line Production (Former Employee), rocky mountJuly 10, 2014
Work was from 6:30pm to 6:30am. employee change out of clothes and put on scrubs. Next we go to our work station Which I worked at flex. which consist of watching iv bags and inspecting them. looking for defects. I learned about medince and the type of mg and that almost everything involve team work.
Declining experience of employees & management due to turnover
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Lake ForestJuly 7, 2014
Pros: pharmaceutical industry
Cons: poor management, high turnover, delayed projects, declining budgets
Most departments are losing continuity and leadership direction. Focus is on budgets and projects are being delayed due the reduced manpower and the quality and knowledge of folks who are left. Too much knowledge is going out the door. Too many hot shots come in and claim to have the answers, only to find out it is out of control.

Success cannot work – more... if it is only a vision in the minds of a few, with no real method of sorting out the good and successfully getting it implemented. – less
nice job to start
Manufacturing Engineer Junior (Former Employee), HainaJuly 5, 2014
nice job to start.

I had different duties and personal under my responsibility.
Production Operator (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 1, 2014
Pros: you could all the overtime you wanted.
Cons: i was a temp.
I learned a lot of things but working here would not work with my school schedule. Some people there made it not enjoyable to work there but I overlooked it. Also because of the huge staff, there wasn't really any room for training opportunities or getting hired from temp.
Worse Place to Work at!!
Sr. Solutions Architect (Former Employee), Lake Forest, ILJune 27, 2014
Cons: highest attrition rate, no strategy, horrible leadership, no direction, wasteful, treats contractors as inferiors, worse organization culture, a joke!!
This company is literally the worse place to work. The attrition rate at Hospira is just ridiculous. I worked at the Lake Forest office (Head Quarters)--on average during my term there; about 60 people got fired on a monthly basis.

Very horrible leadership, no sustainable plan or strategy. Employee, especially consultants are not appreciated. If you – more... haven't seen or witnessed a what a bad "organization culture " is--visit Hospira!

This is a company where a security official can condescend you , and when you stand up for yourself; she demands your badge--claiming she has fired you. Calls the City police on you to effect her position. All this without your managers knowledge.

If you want to work for a company where a security officer can fire you at will --hospira is you place.

During my term there, I have seen how horrible employees and contractors are treated. Contractors get their contracts renewed today and get bitterly fired tomorrow.

Contractors are treated like inferior people.

Stay away from this company--they are not worth your time, effort and intelligence.

This Place is a JOKE!! – less
Manage Resource Capacity Planning Workstream
Consultant - Project Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 19, 2014
Manage project workstream and team
Manage project,team, budgetl, and deliverables
Work on deliverables with Core Team
Communications to Core Team and Senior Leadership
ok if you can take the hours
Aseptic Core Attendant (Current Employee), McPherson, KSJune 6, 2014
Requires you to start on the night shift. this does not work for some people.
na
Machine operator for IV bags (Former Employee), Battleboro, NCJune 4, 2014
This job was a good experience and a job i felt that coming to work and providing my skills was something i wanted to do for the long run,
Say no to Hospira
Aseptic Core Monitor (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMay 30, 2014
Pros: constant change
Cons: unorganized
Refuse to update equipment so that they are able to compete with other pharmaceutical companies
fun work place
Pharmaceutical Assistant (Former Employee), McPherson, KSMay 19, 2014
Pros: i was thre manager and in charge.
Cons: no lunch breaks work alone every day.
Lots of fun helping customers find entertainment. More or less being my own boss and running the store as if it was my own. Many customers were surprised that I was not the owner because of the way I ran the store.
Working for Hospira has been an experience. Has lots of potentienal for the right people. People who like working in the production lines.
Light tester/backup group leader (Current Employee), McPherson, KSMay 13, 2014
Pros: great pay, great people, great benefits
Cons: health insurance is cheap so you know that its not the best
Hospira has lots to offer if given the opportunity. Really depends on the Supervisor you have. They tend to pick out what they want not really what works for this company. A lot of good workers are overlooked. The job here at Hospira is very important it deals with peoples lives all over the world. It is a pharmaceutical plant in which the drugs that – more... are compounded here go to clinics and many hospitals. I have worked in the medical office and now have had the opportunity to see where the products that help us feel better and save our lives come from. Co workers come and go here. Not meaning they leave the plant they transfer around. The hardest part of the job is knowing you are human and could miss something so easy, and you have to live with that thought day in and day out. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we get a chance to possibly save a life. – less
Please ask.
Pharmaceutical Technician (Current Employee), McPherson, KansasMay 12, 2014
The company is fairly good. It has good and bad qualities like any job. If you would like to know more please don't hesitate to ask.
Advancing wellness
Chemical Operator (Current Employee), Boulder COMay 6, 2014
Advancing wellness through the right people and the right products.
The best part for me are the hours - I come in very early...
Senior International Planning Specialist (Current Employee), Lake Forest, ILApril 21, 2014
The hardest part of my job is watching our company continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. Management manages back orders not people. In addition; the company does not reward employees for putting in hard work and long hours including weekends.
Fantastic career opertunity
Equipment Operator/Mechanic (Former Employee), Lake Forest, ILApril 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good pay, challenging work
Cons: mandatory overtime
Variety, rarely do the same thing for more than an hour. Great benefits and lots of opportunity for advancement for those willing to go the extra distance. All the people I worked with were good hard working people.
Hospira
svp (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCApril 14, 2014
Duties pack medicine for shipping and cleaning when lines are down
Love what I do and the people on my team
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIApril 10, 2014
Pros: able to work from home once a week
Cons: feel all associates should be compensated more in regards to duties required of them.
I release back orders for Hospira's emergency stock, release on-line orders, complete on-line registrations for ordering, re-set passwords for on-line ordering, do manual Pedigree authentications and do credit rebills.
Demanding type of job. Having people skills is an asset.
CAPA Quality Investigator (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 9, 2014
Pros: co-workers willing to help you.
Cons: short breaks in order to complete reports or attend meetings.
As a CAPA Quality Investigator I am assigned to evaluate Exception Reports opened due to a new failure mode or a statistical trend. The task involved performing complaint reviews to understand the failure mode and creating fishbone diagrams or Is/Is Not diagrams for probable root cause, lead the subject matter experts (SME's) and technical team during – more... the Risk File Review Assessment process. Once the risk assessment is completed then a determination is performed if we need to perform a Health Hazard Analysis (HHA), or a Device Quality Notification (DQN) or a Notification to Management (NtM) reports. Cross-functional communication is the key to success since I have to work with Research and Development (R&D), Engineering and Operation departments. Management as well as my co-workers are helpful and very communicative. The most enjoyable part of the job is finding the root cause. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Hospira

Hospira helps hospitals heal the hurting. The company makes specialty injectable pharmaceuticals (primarily generics) including – Read more