Hospira

Hospira Employer Reviews

good place to work
Senior Production Operator (Current Employee), McPherson, KSJanuary 27, 2015
A lot of training great coworkers. Great lunch room and nice cafeteria employes . You get to learn how to work in a clean room and how to be aseptic. You get a lot of isotrain every week other wise it is not a hard job.
Serious place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day at work is what it is for me. Coworkers are helpful and the management does their job. Overall I would say that it is just a job.
Hospira Culture
Manufacturing Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Hospira is a great company to work for. The quality system is very solid and everyone works to achieve the same goal which is to produce products for those in need. An average work day requires a lot of walking and moving as it can be a very fast paced and sometimes very demanding. I thoroughly enjoy the morale as there are lots of great individuals that work for Hospira. Overall, it is a great place to work however the opportunity to advance seems limited.
Productive and fun workplace
Formulation Production Technician (Current Employee), Clayton, NCJanuary 14, 2015
I'm blessed to work with this amazing group of people! They are definitely the best! Team work oriented and focused. Diverse and united. It is an amazing experience in my professional career
infusion pumps
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), main office in Lake forest ILJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free travel
Monday morning at the airport fly out to that weeks project location meet with hospital personnel and set up shop small work area where we troubleshot the infusion pumps, performed the necessary upgrades needed, and documentation to follow FDA mandated records.
I learned to calibrate mechanisms and to make all allowed repairs on 4 of Hospiras line of infusion devices, how to properly create the documentation to follow for each device a Performance Evaluation Report (PER), also learned to use Hospiras proprietary software INET, and stayed updated with all the latest BOP, and TSM revisions (Basic operation Procedures and Technical Service Manuals)
I managed a team of 3 people one LPN and 2 technicians, for the most part the rest of my coworkers we only saw each there when there was a major retraining that we needed to do, the rest of the time was contact though phone or email for any and every question any of us needed help with, there was always team work and we always helped each other
Being away from the family even though it was just for the week and weekend I got to spent the at home it was still hard for me and my family and on some occasions we had to stay for 2 to 3 week out without going home.
the best was getting to travel to all new places and all the friend that I made at Hospira
Knowledge
Production and Line Operator (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 7, 2015
I enjoyed working will my team. We all had a goal and vision. This is a good company.
Temporary Employee
Production Operator (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good training, you don't have to clock out for breaks unless you leaving off premises, variety of shifts.
Cons: my take some time before you get a full time offer and thats if you get an offer.
I worked for Hospira through Kelly Services. Work is pretty easy and steady in the department I was trained in.
Catching on fast and going by the rules will help you gain a better chance of full time employment. The pay with Kelly Services is not that great but full time employees really have great health care and pay.
Couldnt do anything right
Manufacturing and Packaging Technician (Former Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: great people doing the grunt work
Cons: slow advancement, there isnt any way to not make a mistake, you are set up for failer
No matter what you did you always made a mistake, even if you followed directions 100 present something was wrong or the directions were wrong and you should have known about it. the best thing was some of the people that works there. really good people just hard to make the higher management happy about anything.
A typical day at Hospira
RECALL CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 30, 2014
Pros: holidays lunches and employee activities, some holidays paid, flexible work enviornment
Cons: no healthcare benefits, no paid time off, temporary position/ contracted position
The best part of my job is my awesome boss, and wonderful and supportive coworkers. I receive occasional perks such as some Holidays paid off and employee appreciation lunches, however my position is contracted with Kelly Services and can be terminated at any time. A typical day includes answering calls, contacting new accounts and facilitating the registration and return of medical devices. The work enviornment is not very stressfull and our department manager allows us as many breaks as needed. I specifically work with a team of (5) people on recall related projects.
Quality Department in Hospira, San Jose is the hostile work environment
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CADecember 6, 2014
Pros: good benefit
Cons: hostile work environment, especially in the quality department
The Quality Department at Hospira, San Jose is a hostile work environment. The Plant Qualtiy Manger often twisted the fact when there was an error. She thought she is the smartest person and blamed her employees who have no knowledge, and qualification for the job. She prefers to use "job security" as a tool to treat her employees. If she is still in Hospira, San Jose site, please do not apply job in the quality department at Hospira San Jose site.
It was the best job I ever had.
Production Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCDecember 3, 2014
I loved my job at hospira. They was greatest job an entry level employee could dream of.
Hospira is a great place to work that strives for continuous improvement with fair management and great pay.
Global Product Safety Analyst (Former Employee), Lake Forest, ILDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great compensation, excellent co-workers, and fair management
Cons: between managing workflow, corresponding to all the emails, and keeping the device regulations straight, there's a lot to do in an eight hour shift.
A typical day includes responding to emails and phone calls, team meetings, correspondence with coworkers on similar work concerns, and record/workflow management.
I learned about Federal regulations, Medical device reporting procedures and investigation techniques as well as workflow management.
The management are all fair and willing to be as flexible for time off and work place concerns.
Coworkers here are the best! Friendly, welcoming, and downright helpful.
The hardest part is keeping up with the changing regulations and corresponding with multiple customers, departments, and sample shipments.
The most enjoyable part is working with excellent, hard working, devoted, intelligent people and the compensation.
Good company with room for advancement
Biological Quality Group Investigator (Current Employee), Clayton, NCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: close to rtp with out the commute
Cons: small facility
Great place for smart energetic people. Hospira is a dynamic work place that can really challenge you, but allows you to advance quickly.
Contract Position w/ Hospira
Manufacturing Quality Assurance Specialist III (Former Employee), Clayton, NCOctober 28, 2014
Pros: temp to hire position
Contract position with Hospira. Temp to hire Position. Worked on packaging line, for more information see Resume.
SAP Techno Functional HCM consultant with BW experience
SAP Workflow
SAP Webdynpro, BSPs,
SAP Adobe forms
landfill
Production Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Clayton, NCOctober 3, 2014
Pros: alot of time to study .. driving large mobile equipment
Cons: the smell
I learned a lot with some terrible smells. great time driving and operating heavy equipment.it was a part time job during my college school hours. while getting in heavy diesel equipment technology
productive environment with great people
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: 13/14 hour days
typical day was 13hrs long, very face paced and you worked on own but closed as a group.I was promoted very quickly and learned alot in the ways of how to communicate to my team and conflict resolution and things like that.Hardest part was waking up at 4am to be at work by 530. best part was i knew the work i was doing was going to help save lives.
A place of growth
Manufacturing Quality Supervisor (Current Employee), Clayton, NCOctober 1, 2014
I have a good manager that has helped me grow in leadership skills.
productive work place and fun place to work
Biological Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 25, 2014
Monday through friday normal hours with no overtime-necessary however a huge turn around of many posiitons
Nice place but..
Pharmacist Assistant, Group Leader (Current Employee), McPherson, KSSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: environment is cool and clean
Cons: benefits arent that good. hard to advance
Would be nice, but there are too many idiots in the wrong positions. Many people get treated badly there. watch out!

1 2 3 4 5

About Hospira

Hospira helps hospitals heal the hurting. The company makes specialty injectable pharmaceuticals (primarily generics) including – Read more