Hospira

Hospira United States Employee Reviews

Good people
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Fishers, INApril 22, 2015
Pros: Good people; products that improve patient lives and save customers money.
Cons: Supply and regulated challenges
I love my job and the customers I serve. However, we are challenged by GPO contracting and not able to truly sell our products.. Strong pipeline of products on the horizon but sales will be dependent on GPO awards. This is the toughest part of my job.
productive
Solution operator or Bioprocessing technician (Current Employee), rocky mount ncApril 21, 2015
Its productive with small complication as far as work load to man power ratio. The hardest part of the job is tackling the amount of work that is left for u in a short amount of time.
Clayton Plant is closing.
Manufacturing Documentation Technician (Former Employee), Clayton NCApril 20, 2015
Pros: Close to home. Good co-workers to work with.
Cons: Site closing.
I have found Hospias's Clayton plant a good place to work, but Hospira has decided to close this site at the beginning of July.
Awesome
Security Guard (Current Employee), McPherson, KSApril 1, 2015
Great job to work for starting out. The people are great. I learned that some bosses are nice and some horrible. Coworkers are awesome. Interacting with customers.
Quality Chemist
Chemist (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Management, Great learning experience
Cons: Methods
This is a great place to cut your teeth in the pharmaceutical quality industry. The biggest challenge is dealing with the methods. The methods are in a major need of updating; however, once you are acquainted with deciphering these methods, methods from most other companies should come with ease. The management is knowledgeable about pharmaceutical quality. Overall, it is a great company to work for.
Productive and clean enviorment
Pharmacuetical Assistant (Current Employee), McPherson, KSMarch 18, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: breaks and judgement
I was trained to light test ampules and accumulate as the passed the the dabricos. My co-workers are very friendly and hard working as well.The hardest part of my job is making sure the ampules are free of particulite matter,cracks and sharp tops. I enjoyed helping make a difference in the medical aspect and helping people everyday.
Production Operator (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMarch 18, 2015
Worked 12 hour shifts. Great pay. Great job. assisted in the production of IV bags and filling IV bags with solution. The co-workers made the day go by faster, The job wasn't hard at all. Just long hours. But after awhile you get used to it.
Productive workplace
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Clayton, NCMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good place to gain knowledge
Cons: the company closing
Hospira has been a good place to work. Have learned a lot but unfortunately they are closing. The management has been changing frequently in the past year I believe due to the sale. The hardest part of my job has been the increase in hours due to the sale. The most enjoyable part of my job has been my fellow employees.
No comment.
Biological Quality Analyst I (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMarch 11, 2015
I gained experience in aseptic technique and handling of samples in a cGMP/cGDP environment. Very large company with many employees.
Great Opportunity
Nursing Education/Staff Support (Former Employee), Lake Forest, ILMarch 5, 2015
Contracted nurse, contract completed. Great opportunity to travel to all the states in the United States and Alaska...Able to complete work in safe working conditions. Able to meet and have contact with people from all over the USA.
Excellent opportunity for hard workers, but there is pay ceiling for most workers.
Pharmacy Attendant (Current Employee), McPherson, KSFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime opportunities
Cons: pay ceiling
Hospira is a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant that prepares injectable medical vials. Work can be labor intensive and monotonousness.
Great company to work at
Producation Operator (Former Employee), Austin TXFebruary 25, 2015
Hours were good for working parents. Management was good at balancing out work. The product they made safe other peoples lives so made me feel like I was helping others
productive and great work ethics
Solution Technician (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 23, 2015
great job to work for and the people was attentive to there employees . I would recommend this job to people. I had personal things to come into play but now all is well by the grace of God.
Great first job for graduates
Production Operator (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: the people
wonderful work environment with smart people, I enjoy coming to work here everyday. It is great. great company where you can learn new things with an excellent and skilled team
Hospira
Senior IT Analyst (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: good management
Great place to work uncertain with acquisition by Pfizer present staff and management are very much customer focused and results oriented
n/a
Manufacturing Tech. (Former Employee), Clayton, NCFebruary 10, 2015
Great company to work for. Few pros, few cons... but overall, pretty good company. Co-workers are friendly, and a decent place to call a workplace, atleast in my opinion.
Fast-paced work environment with at least 100+ calls per 12 analysts per day sometimes paeking at over 300 calls.
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIFebruary 9, 2015
During both my one-year and two-year reviews my work was cited as "exemplary". As a 24x7x365 shop, I voluntarily worked many weekends and holidays (Christmas Eve and Day, New Years Eve and Day, Thanksgiving, July 4th, etc.)
Territory manager
Aneshesia Critical Care Account Executive (Former Employee), FloridaFebruary 9, 2015
Plan and organize sales calls in territory for effective use of time and economic resources. Call on established accounts and develop new accounts. Build relationships to gain a better understanding of current needs. Develop relationships with key decision makers and economic buyers to ensure that products are placed on formulary. Utilize sales data, promotional literature, approved article reprints, and displays to promote education. Effectively utilize Miller-Heiman Strategic/Conceptual selling to develop pre-call plans to ensure effective call outcomes. Utilize post-call plans to analyze current position and possible appropriate next steps. Collaborate directly with hospital-based clinicians including Anesthesiologists, General Surgeons, Cardiothoracic Surgeons, Trauma Surgeons, Neurosurgeons, Intensivists, Hospitalists, Pulmonologists, Critical Care Nurses, Pharmacists, and Respiratory Therapist. Increase awareness and knowledge of products by facilitating educational speaker programs and in-services. Represented company at national and regional medical conventions. Remain in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Remain in compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Overall good workplace. I worked with great people.
Data Entry (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2015
I wasn't on the engineer side of things I just did data entry so it was pretty normal day to day work. All the people that work there were very nice.
Certified Solutions Technician (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, North CarolinaFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: communication
My experience at Hospira has a been great. Its a company that thrives on being productive and competitive in its current market of generic drugs. A place where minutes matter. A typical day for me may consist of a race against the clock to complete all my tasks assigned to me in a timely manner with little to no mistakes as possible. Management is very diverse across the board with the common goal in mind to produce great products in a safe an timely manner. My co workers are smart energetic people, who enjoys their jobs and love to make products that may save people life's. There are no hard parts about the job one just need to be tentative and able to multitask. The most enjoyably part of the job is the work environment and money.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hospira

Hospira helps hospitals heal the hurting. The company makes specialty injectable pharmaceuticals (primarily generics) including – Read more

Hospira Salaries