Hospira Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work until Pfizer took over.
Quality Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 26, 2016
Hospira was a great place to work. While processes were often difficult to work through we had a say in how things were done. We had the ability to innovate, management listened to ideas and helped us make them happen. The Pfizer takeover changed it to where we no longer have input in how things are done. Issues and problems are not addressed. People are losing jobs to overseas contractors.
Great Benefits
Light Testing Assistant (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSMay 24, 2016
Hospira is a pharmaceutical lab that produces 80% of the medacines that are provided through hospitals and pharmacy's worldwide. Very good pay as well as benefits.
Had opportunity to work on Medical devices
Clinical Integration Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMay 22, 2016
After working in telecom for 30+ years Hospira introduced me to the world of medical devices and associated software. Got to understand better how a highly regulated industry worked
Flexible and great workplace.
Background Investigation Coordinator (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMay 20, 2016
Process and review background information for potential new hires. I've learned so much in regards to the hiring process. The managers are very supportive and really listen to your needs. They try to do what they can to help you obtain whatever you need to make your job more productive. The co-workers are definitely teams players. Everyone is always willing to help one another and come together to work on projects to meet deadlines no matter what area of the department they support. The hardest part of the job is consulting with a potential new employee who has been dishonest during the hiring process. Integrity is everything. I sincerely enjoy assisting people with any questions or concerns during the process.
Pros
Great team, flexible.
To many politics involve
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 17, 2016
12 hours shift, not variable of time to be with your family. Not much to learned just do your work. Management don't work with you if you need something, co-workers are very comprehensive
Pros
good entry pay
Cons
to much work
stuffy and blah
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 11, 2016
Some of the peoplea re dinosaurs that have very little skills. The palce uses old systems from the 70s. if you want to get something done quickly this is not the place for you since the culture is so resistant to change.
Temporary field work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 7, 2016
An average work week would begin with travel to a hospital on the first day. Tuesday through Thursday would involve diagnosing and repairing machines then filling out a work order for that machine. Friday would be used for traveling back from the hospital. This was a temporary position on a project so this experience may not be typical.
Pros
Reimbursed meals
Cons
Potentially small work environments
Childeren
Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCApril 23, 2016
I enjoy working with the kids that had special needs. Knowing that I helped mold a life that someday will become a productive person in society. Education is very important and most kids don't take it serious so I was able to speak a lot of it's importance.
Pros
School close
Cons
Helping children
Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCApril 18, 2016
Enjoyed the atmosphere,good people.Every day was a learning curve especially when new projects were being performed.

Management was fine, they have orders to follow like all of us
Hard thing about job was when bad decisions were made.
Co workeres were awesome..
Wonderful Experience
Work Order Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2016
I work with creating and revising documents.
Also getting approvals for new vendors and entering them into SAP so the new vendors could be paid.
I worked with a group of great coworkers.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons

Want to know more about Hospira?

Ask a question
Great team and with flexible hours
Drug Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMarch 20, 2016
I am nurse by training. Working at Hospira taught me how products come to market. I gained insight into what it takes for generic drugs to meet standards before they reach the patient's bedside. Collaborating with teams at the plant level was enriching and exciting.

During a typical day, I communicated with my local team. We discussed call volume and their case loads. We prioritized cases that met FDA requirements due to specific regulatory requirements and deadlines. I also engaged in a great deal of email since we were a global company. Our base was in the US and I was a resource for colleagues in the Philippines, Canada, Latin America, and the UK. Being flexible to the various time zones was not unusual. Generally, I worked 8 a.m.- 5p.m. but my hours might change due to meetings in different time zones.

The hours could be early or late which were both the hardest and the most enjoyable part of the job. I enjoyed meeting my global colleagues. Hospira gave me the opportunity to travel to the UK and Asia. Personal time might be given back depending on workload or the timing of meetings. Upper management was flexible with hours given the time used to coordinate the needs of a global company.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor communication coming down from leadership
Great Place
Sr Portfolio Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMarch 16, 2016
Hospira was great place to work until Pfizer took over and created a negative culture. Hospira was full of dedicated, hard working employees that did what it took to get the job done
Productive workplace
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMarch 10, 2016
Coming to work had to expect medicine put it on the conveyor belt and pack the medicine in boxes. Co workers was outgoing and easy to get along with.
Good place to start a career
Quality Assurance Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 25, 2016
Hospira is a good place to start a career in the pharmaceutical industry but my only complaint is that legacy workers aren't treated as fairly as people who come straight out of college in terms of job advancement. If you want to advance at this company and you've been there for 10+ years, its all in who you know.
A good place to start a career as a chemist
Data Review Chemist (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 21, 2016
As a first place to start a career as an analytical or data review chemist this is a great place to start. Expect to learn the expectations of a cGMP environment in a fast paced environment. Learn the company's phraseology of Ownership: Safety, Attendance, 5Ss, Continuous Opportunities Program, and more. Carolina Star initiative means every month you provide feedback on successes and improvement suggestions. Patients always come first, so make attendance a top priority. Local residence is your best choice for successful employment, especially during inclement weather. Other ownership opportunities may be experienced directly and with great reward depending on the degree of personal contribution.
Pros
Good entry level opportunity as an Analyst or Data Reviewer (1-5 years only)
Cons
Not conducive to living outside of the local area during inclement weather.
productive and easy work
Change Bar Code Ribbon
Safety Quizzes
Safety Training
Inspection for missing print
Change print foil /Take up roll
Pros
Place for Advancement, Good pay with the right job
Cons
Healthcare, So strict, Short Breaks
Best Job Ever!
IT Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAFebruary 13, 2016
There aren't any words to express how well my experience was with Hospira. Unfortunately it was short-lived because my family and I had to relocate for my husband's job. There was clear communication with management. Placed by Kelly Services, we as employees never felt as if we were contract or temporary. Best experience of my life!
Nice co-workers
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJanuary 31, 2016
I would have loved to work here longer but since Pfizer purchased Hospira and the layoff's have begun it's unlikely I will be here long. The only reason I have survived to this point is because I'm a consultant.
n/a
Quality Engineer, Consumable Devices (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJanuary 26, 2016
Solid culture with good people. Opportunities to grow are available. Positive experience thus far. Would definitely recommend the company to others.
verification engineer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJanuary 22, 2016
Its a good place to work as a verification engineer, except that the work have no future, no new things to learn. But people here are so good and helpful if we have any questions and are happy to help.
Pros
good people around you
Cons
not much useful work for gaining knowledge