Hospital Housekeeping Systems

Hospital Housekeeping Systems United States Employee Reviews

Not even in operation
Enviromental Tech (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
this group lost their contract with the hospital because they could not properly manage their staff. They picked favorites and let the things those people did slide. You could never ask for help because they would leave early.
HHS are the bottom feeders of the support services industry.
Director of Environmental Services (Former Employee), NORTH CAROLINADecember 28, 2014
Poor management at corporate office. I was told by my regional manager to do my own recruiting. I was told to go to trailer parks, laundry mats and free clinics and post flyers to recruit my employees. They actually have no respect for there hourly employees. HHS doesn't pay no shift premiums, offer poor insurance and low amounts of paid time off. The managers are paid well, but the hourly employees are treated poorly. I left the company seven years ago. Unfortunately my recent employer contracted to HHS. I left my current employer versus working for these losers!
Good company
Director of Environmental Services. (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCDecember 20, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: nothing
Great company to work for. Lots of advancement opportunities. Fast paced environment. No day is ever the same, every day has it's own challenges.
Same company as listed earlier
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Longview, TXNovember 3, 2014
I have no comment regarding my work with this company at least no more than I have already expressed earlier. I was only allowed to be with the company in Longview for nine months would have loved to stay longer. Can not create a personal life when you are transferred so often.
If you are interested in obtaining an upwardly mobile IT position...
IT Support Specialist (Corporate Office) (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: management do all they can to reduce work efficiency, and are not open to suggestions.
... then avoid this job at all costs! One of the best comments I found about this position was that so much of the leadership in this company have never worked their respective roles at other organizations. Thus, policies exist because "we've always done it that way". That being said, management behind the IT department is especially incompetent in that the "VP of Information Technology" takes time to micromanage each individual tech with regard to their daily activities.

There is a ticketing system, but all communication regarding tickets (including case notes) must also be mirrored in email.

Fair warning: If you've graduated college, you're nearly guaranteed to lose your job within the first year, since the management are threatened by people whose credentials exceed their own.

Also, watch out for a company listed on Indeed as "Hospital Housekeeping Services". They have posted some duplicate job listings under that name, since the reviews on "Hospital Housekeeping Systems" are lowering the rankings of the main job postings.
Fast pased work environment
Asst. Dir. Environmental Services (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 19, 2014
12 hour work day
made sure hospital was cleaned to standard
managed 30 housekeepers and floor techs.
Unappreciated job
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 8, 2014
This company does not care for its workers. It does not offer affordable healthcare, they pay minimum wage, they do not pay a shift differential and is indifferent to the needs and concerns of its employees.
LIfe Changing
Assistant Director (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 6, 2014
Working with this company made me realize how a job can and will impact a patients life tremendously.
Poor Work-Life Balance and Intense Non-Employee Oriented Culture
Corporate (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great colleagues both in corporate and in field operations
Cons: poor work-life balance, nepotism is rampant, confidentiality with your personal information is hit or miss, compensation not commensurate with responsibility load, no official hr department
If you value work-life balance and an employee oriented culture, then this is not the place for you. Expectations here are far outside of what is considered reasonable. The environment and demanding requirements can take its toll on your overall well-being not to mention that there is very little satisfaction in the amount of work one has to output to achieve daily processes much less any long term initiatives.

Ownership and Executive Leadership handle constructive criticism poorly and usually end up removing those who speak out. They expect you to get the impossible done by yesterday and are very pressing about what they want regardless of what valid obstacles stand in the way up to and including statutory compliance.

They have no respect for industry standard nor for an experienced professional's guidance and opinion, unless it lines up with their ideologies which are outdated and not relevant to today's workforce.

An example of their ideologies would be the fact that the founder does not believe in HR, has spoken vehemently against it and in the past has prohibited those in his employ from referring to any part of the organization as HR or even HR adjacent.

At their core, they believe that they are so different than any other organization, alike or different, that they are in a class of their own and couldn't possibly benefit from outside opinion. Pay no attention here that there are at least 20 other companies this size and larger who offer exactly the same lines of service.

The decision makers of this company are lacking real professional experience in the areas for – more... which they oversee and their decision-making is indicative of that deficiency. This is mostly due to the the fact that the majority of these leaders are appointed through nepotism since it is a family / friend of the family-run establishment.

Most of them have never worked in their position outside of this company and were mentored by other leaders who also did not have any previous experience in their area of oversight.

This leads to an environment of "we've always done it this way" because that is all we knew how to do basically. But when you try to improve or change any processes, in place by those individuals, you get push back that somehow you have no idea what you are talking about even if you worked in the outside world in relative positions for years. Again, no respect for truly experienced professionals.

With that said, the environment is intense and both physically and emotionally draining. If you want to work for an organization that has a great culture and values your experience with offerings available for you to elevate that knowledge through being mentored by a knowledgeable professional, then take a pass on this company and keep looking. – less
Productive and Good atmosphere
Administrative Assistant, Environmental Services (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 7, 2014
Great place to work with and co worker are wonderful. Good spirits all around and dependable
So happy to leave!
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 3, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, some amazing talent working there
Cons: below average salaries, horrible work-life balance, not family friendly
I initially had very high hopes for HHS when I first started. They pitch themselves well. But you soon discover that it's not how it appears. Let's just say that the best career move I made was in leaving HHS.

My overall experience was that I felt overworked, under-appreciated, and unsupported.

Not a family friendly company. Not a healthy work-life balance. If you have children and a family, perhaps reconsider altogether.
Always looking over your shoulder!
Manager (Former Employee), TexasMay 22, 2014
Pros: pay good and systems are good for now
Cons: everything else
I've worked for HHS for over 10yrs and I can certainly say that this company does not have any interest of their hourly and salary employees. Senior leadership is a discombobulated since promoting a 28yr to COO that has never been a Director and the new
CEO was a failed Ranch Manager for his father n law that owns the company that up until 5yrs ago has never worked in our industry.
Flexible
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 12, 2014
Pros: free gift cards
Cons: low paying, housekeeping
very flexible with your schedule. hard work assistant director is very caring and appreciates the employees.
team worker
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAApril 15, 2014
• Provided janitorial services and satisfied housekeeping needs at the Lafayette General Medical Center.
• Learned how to work effectively in a group of employees of various backgrounds different than my own.
Good company
Director (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 21, 2014
Pros: competitive salary
Cons: quiality of life
HHS was a stable employer with a great training program. It was challenging to maintain the cusotmer relationship and upholld contract terms with the conditions in some accounts.
Don't waste you time and sanity horrible company.
Team Member (Former Employee), Centennial medical Center nashville tnMarch 19, 2014
Pros: other departments treat us like and equal
Cons: no shift differential, pro accumulation less than 2 hrs a pay period.
This company is all about saving a dollar they came in cut hours and made people work every weekend women were forced to take over powering positions like lifting heavy loads of linen or become floor men with out any experience . directors are adverse and they either like you or hate you speak up a target is on your back and there aiming to take you out they hired felons with drug convictions which isn't allowed in a hospital they also hired people who didn't pass there drug screen .a lot of the employees were stealing from the cafeteria and from other co workers . I used to love being apart of Evs family until HHS took over while there we lost hard working dedicated employees do to the change and they barely pay over the minimum wage I could go on and on but I'm not just take my advice and by pass this company. I thank God I found a better job .
Productive workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: gift cards
Cons: the pay
I learned how to be a really good housekeeper and some of my co-workers where great people. My Director was a really nice person that will help people if she can in anyway. The job is only hard if you make it just do what you are told and you will be okay.
Intense place to work that is very demanding and mentally draining.
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 26, 2013
Pros: very good experience at managing people.
Cons: no work/life balance. they don't care if you have a family.
A typical day at work would include conducting a safety meeting before my shift. Then I must make ensure that every area is covered and properly staffed. Have job assignments ready. This would also include answering the telephone and filling any requests or needs throughout the hospital. One of the toughest parts of the job is having to deal with low morale due to increase job demands and no financial increase for years of labor. The employees I work with are enjoyable and we tend to have a good time while we are working together.
i love working for HHS and would love work them again.
Floor Technician (Former Employee), Meridian, MSNovember 11, 2013
Pros: incentive
Cons: n/a
over the past six years of my tenure at Anderson south campus

working for HHS.i learned how to Shampoo carpets/autoscrub

and burnish floors.as well as a area room buffer additionally

i also trained new employees as well.overall i love working

for HHS.
Houskeeping is Challenging
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 24, 2013
This Job is good I liked working with Doctors and nurses,, my co workers were nice, hardest part about this job is the messy part.

Hospital Housekeeping Systems Salaries