Hospital Physician Partners

Hospital Physician Partners Employee Reviews in United States

I had a great boss, difficult co-worker but overall enjoyed my job.
Vice President Physician Services (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 9, 2016
My role was as a VP. Initially, there was an extremely difficult co-worker that made this new job almost unbearable. As time passed, I focused on my role and minimized conflicts with this individual. She was referred to as a master running a plantation. I took a very protective role with staff and she realized some behaviors were not going to be tolerated.
My job requirements were non-stop management and training, business relationships with C-suite in various areas across the nation that were very successful - ultimately supporting the company retaining the contract and able to bid on more. There was minimal management support even though I liked my boss and staff were poorly compensated leaving it difficult to recruit support staff.
This company has since been acquired by another firm.
Pros
When it was good, it was good.
Cons
Salaries were far too low to support qualified personnel.
a place of knowledge
Patient Contact Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 26, 2016
A typical day at work consist of processing correspondence received from patients and letters of authorizations and affidavits received from patients attorneys. I've learned how to bill patient insurance companies for services provided. I've also learned how to process legal documents as well.
Management is going through a transition at the present time but for the most part they're pretty easy to get along with and conduct themselves in a professional manner. Since I've been there my co-workers have treated me like family. The hardest part of the job now is knowing that my department will be closing on May 31, 2016. The most enjoyable part about the job is being able to go on a daily basis and work in a positive environment.
Pros
benefits, 401K, compensation
Cons
short lunch breaks
Fun place to work
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJanuary 6, 2016
With regret, this company ended because it was based on a contract. HPP and Apogee both. They were great to work for! Management treated you well, hours were good as well.
Very nice place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 31, 2015
Kept busy with steady work flow; Learned many new tasks here; Enjoyed my tenure here very much; Doctors I worked with on the phone were always very cordial and friendly; I learned many new skills here as well - worked a lot more in Excel worksheets.
Pros
Good co-workers and location
Cons
No room for advancement
Medical Software
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 22, 2015
Diverse, challenging work place that allows you express your opinion and have it heard.

Able to grow your skills in a supportive friendly environment.
Pros
Spirit Week
Culture driven by core values with family atmosphere.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood FlSeptember 18, 2015
Hospital Physician Partners has strong leadership interested in growing and grooming those who want to succeed. It has a family first atmosphere which is difficult for an organization of it's size. The culture is focused on core values of deliver what you promise, pursue excellence in everything you do and be mutually invested in the success of others. I try to practice these values every day.
Productive Workplace
Quality Assurance Coordinator / IT Help Support (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 16, 2015
Never once did I feel unwanted. Always was busy with constant work. Few things good get out of order, because of to many order of operations. Amazing Co-Workers. Management could use a few courses to brushing up their skills.
Proactive, tenacious and collaborative
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 4, 2015
I am proactive and tenacious. I incorporate what I learned yesterday into what I do today and I will have a seamless transition for better outcomes.
Overall productive workplace.
Credentialing Specialist, ED & Hospitalist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FlJune 10, 2015
Overall productive workplace. Interaction with multiple different type of professionals. Learn a lot about the medical industry and about hospital administration, bylaws and regulations. Committee Board requirements.
Emergency Department/Hospitalist Staffing & Management Agency
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eden, NCMarch 14, 2015
Emergency Department Physician Assistant working 10 hour shifts alongside one physician. Responsible for initial stabilization and management of patients ranging from all ages who present to the Emergency Department.
Great company to work for everyone was amazing
Chart Recovery Expert (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJuly 29, 2014
I loved working for them. Rocio Gomez Avella is Super Amazing and awesome
Pros
great support system for their employees
Cons
worked in a very creepy part of the hospital
Great Place to work
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 27, 2014
Good company to work management is understandable. Hold fun events throughout the year.
Hpp
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 19, 2014
The contents of the job is extremely interesting and keeps you on your toes. However, the management and coworkers are so sweet that they're poison.
na
Credentialing Specialist/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 23, 2014
working several provider files for credentialing with different facilities across the country
Learning more about customer service and working with physicians and patients.
Emergency Room Scribe (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2013
I would follow the ER physicians around when they interacted with patients and I would write down everything about the visit so I could type it all out later on the computer. It was a great experience to learn more about patient/ physician service and learn how to help out patients needs and how to put my medical assisting to use. The hardest part of the job was learning how to work with each ER doctor needs since each of them wanted things done differently, but it was also helpful to teach me how each person is different and how to interact differently with them.
ER/Fast Track
Emergency Medicine (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMarch 29, 2013
Informative management staff, willing to work with you. Perm physicians supportive and willing to educate. Occ. temp physicians can be a toss up.
Pros
self schedule
benefits
Locum Tenens Company
Scheduling Coordinator/ Ambulatory Facilities (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 14, 2013
Busy work schedule, work one on one with physician schedule at ambulatory facilities, co-workers are friendly and helpful.
Pros
professional working environment
Cons
work comes home with you.
Terrible Place to Work
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 13, 2012
Incredibly low morale. Turn over rate extremely high. You have a lack of job security. Absolutely no thanks or appreciation for the hours and hard work you WILL put in. Beware of this company, you are underpaid, overworked and unappreciated.
Unstable company with a huge ego
Mid management (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 7, 2012
This could be a great company, but upper management has blinding egos and pays little attention to the knowledge and expertise of its subordinates. As a result, most everyone's hard work goes unappreciated and unrewarded. Upper management displays a know-it-all attitude, even when they are clueless.

New business development thrives on picking the low lying fruit over more desirable and more rewarding new accounts. Company then throws a lot against the wall to see what sticks w/minimal preparation and does not respect its own talent before making strategic decisions. As a result, new biz development is chaotic and thrown together with minimal ramp up time and consistently results in a high degree of frustration and failure.

The company recently experienced an enormous restructuring due to massive amounts of red ink and let about 100 people go (representing about half of its work force). So, now many employees are doing the job of two people. If it wasn't the blind leading the staff, this company could be profitable. However, the upper level incompetence is locked in with stock ownership. The main investment group sees the losses, but is insulated by management as to its core problems.

Corporate culture is a bit bizarre with a diverse collection of people who are anything but a homogeneous group. They don't give raises, keep making cut backs and run off the quality people so they can keep a loyal bunch of "yes" people around to worship a questionable layer of upper management.

Weekly press releases are put out extolling the wonders of its people and the company's accomplishments.
  more... The substance of most of these is much to do about nothing. Most releases are lots of hyperbole over inconsequential events to make it sound like the company reinvented this industry.

If you're looking for stability and a well-managed firm with excellent growth prospects, keep looking.
Pros
easy to shine with hard work & quality results
Cons
micro management and lack of job stability. staff is unappreciated and unrewarded
Overall family feel company
Credentialing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 20, 2012
Hospital Physician Partners is a family oriented company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hospital Physician Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

Hospital Physician Partners Reviews by Location