Hospital of Central Connecticut

Hospital of Central Connecticut Employer Reviews

Productive workplace
Patient Aide (Current Employee), New Britain, CTMay 27, 2014
I am responsible for transporting patients and supplies throughout the hospital in a timely manner. I am also responsible for ensuring that patients are surrounded in a safe and positive environment during their stay at the hospital.
Centered on patient care
LPN (Current Employee), New Britain, CTJanuary 27, 2014
Helping patients coming in for scheduled visits and taking on urgent cases, answering the nurse line, triaging patients, and collecting patient data bases and information.
Nurse Tech (Current Employee), New Britain, CTNovember 1, 2013
I love the staff very warm people. I see a lot while working here.
Great Hospital
Dietetic Technician (Former Employee), CTDecember 18, 2012
As a teaching hospital provides with great opportunities that one can imagine.
Outstanding healthcare facility with dedicated and hard-working individuals.
Emergency Room-Medical Reconciliation Technician (Current Employee), New Britain, CTNovember 26, 2012
Pros: ability to provide care and support for individuals
Cons: intense visual and emotional experience
There is no real typical day at work within an Emergency Room (ER). The best approach to working in the ER is to go in with an open mind, and being able to adapt to whatever happens. It can and is an intense experience because patients come in presenting with a variety of healthcare issues and we, as a team-oriented staff, need to be ready to respond. – more... Sometimes, it seems overwhelming, and at other times it can be relatively slow.
I enjoy the relationship I have with my fellow co-workers, and the supporting and supervising staff within the ER. The goal is to provide the best possible care as a team. There's noticeable cooperation between the entire chain of command.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult patients, and or witnessing a patient experience a traumatic healthcare situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is being there to support them and their loved ones through those difficult times. Sometimes all it takes is a warm blanket to help comfort someone. – less
fun workplace nice people and great health plans
Patient transporter, spd tech (Former Employee), New Britain, CTAugust 1, 2012
Pros: discounts
Cons: pay rate
transportation dept great supervisor with a great team. fun enviroment, vey busy job which is good. co workers are kind and humble. just a all around great work place to be at
loved this job
Lab Clerk (Former Employee), New Britain, CTJune 26, 2012
learned so much and made some great friends who are now family. I miss this job and they had the best benefit package I have ever encoutered.
comprehensive lab with strong med techs.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), New Britain, CTApril 4, 2012
Pros: good salaries, very good benefits, management in all dept. approachable
Cons: entrance level salaries low, movement in lab slow making personel changes, not too much consideration of individual
The lab is staffed with highly professional med techs. Management approachable. Trauma center. High visibility in community.