Hospital of Central Connecticut Employee Reviews

Great Job
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 27, 2017
Great place to work. My co-workers and I work as a team. The days that are busy or what some may call stressful we balance each other out. Our manager is great with working to our schedules.
It used to be a great work environment.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 10, 2017
Lean initiatives are not thoughtfully implemented. They lean out employees to leave those that are left with an unrealistic amount of job duties. The administration is disconnected from the employees. Employees are overworked.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
H3w, Pto, Punitive work environment
Love my jobs I will be very sad when I leave. I need to move closer to my Mom she need me.
Nursing Tech (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTFebruary 7, 2017
Love working at the Hospital of Central Connecticut we have great team in the Behavior Inpatient Unit. We work very close with the nurses, helping each other and making sure everyone is in safe an clean environment. Management meet with staff every month give us the opportunities to give new ideas for present problems and update us of any changes of the unit. The hardest part making understand to the family they can bring certain items for the patients for example cigarettes, drugs. When I make coffee for my nurses that work so hard and they so thankful. Seeing enjoying the coffee is best part of my day.
Pros
Pay is good. A lot of training.Good benefit package.
Good work environment. Team, very competitive
Medical Charge Entry Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 4, 2017
Would not work in this particular department again. Staff wasn't to helpful and training was minimal. Management was overbearing, mentally was my way or no way.
Good
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 14, 2016
Good company values and goals but culture does not meet values. They take away your PTO if you don't use it. The most enjoyable part of the job is caring for the patients.
Lovely place to work
Patient Aide (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTNovember 12, 2016
I enjoyed working as a patient aide at THOCC. We built close bonds with our colleagues and I learned a lot about the healthcare field. I loved caring for patients and seeing them through the healing process. My favorite part was watching patients leave healthy and happy.
Tons to learn, no growth
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTOctober 25, 2016
Working on the Stroke of excellence unit, I loved it, working along side some of the best nurse, nurse techs and doctors allows you to learn multiple things as you go from one patient to the next. Heavy patient load was normal and with great coworker it makes the though and at times difficult cases seem easy with a great care team. I loved being apart of it.
Fast paced productive work place
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTSeptember 8, 2016
excellent work environment, professional and caring co workers great place to learn how to be efficient and productive
Pros
helping others
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
Application analyst for several medical systems
Radiology System Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJuly 3, 2016
Daily responsibility to troubleshoot and resolve issues of several medical information systems. Coordination with vendors and hospital departments for upgrading systems.
Great potential for growth
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 19, 2016
Good work ethic. Professional co-workers, team management, potential to grow.

Meet with department head, review projects assigned, follow up with physicians, clinicians, co-workers to collaborate information needed to complete each project. Hardest part of the job is to find the right meet with professional to complete each project. Learned a lot.
Great place to have a baby...working not so much
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Labor and deliveryJune 2, 2016
The Labor and delivery nurses are awesome to the patients, but to work there is another story. Lazy, ancient relics who won't move forward with the times. Awesome manager who is very understanding, but she's not the one you have to work with unfortunately.
Pros
Reasonably priced cafeteria food
Cons
Slow elevator
Enjoyed the job
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 17, 2016
The job was very rewarding and given the opportunity would have liked to remain with this company. coworkers were supportive and willing to assist in performance of the daily tasks. Management was very supportive
Staff
Cardiac Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 10, 2016
If it wasn't for the staff i would not make it through a day here very busy place. Don't bother if your not going to work hard.
Fine place to work
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 8, 2016
A basic hospital experience. Days started with quality control of sterilization equipment, cleaning instruments, then sterilizing them.
Not a departement to work if you require support from management, loved the hospital
former provider (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 29, 2016
If you are a mid-level provider inquiring about a hospitalist position beware. The department is in crisis and the last to be considered or collaborated with in any decision are the mid-levels.
Regarding managemen,t there is a broad discontent throughout as micromanaging and criticism are commonplace. Unfortunately you will only hear about the negatives of your practice and be given little, if any feedback about what your bring to the group. The hospital overall is a lovely place where staff appears more content than any other hospital I've worked. It is unfortunate that this one individual has had a toxic cascading effect on the mid-levels which has forced mass exodus with more planning to leave. If you are a PA or APRN looking to apply, look elsewhere within the hartford healthcare system before this dept.
Pros
as above
Cons
as above
not a fun work place too stressful
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 9, 2016
Awful hospital. lots of politics and favoritism among employees very unprofessional environment especially in the Lab.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
short brakes
its ok
lab (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 7, 2016
a typical day at work is very steady and depending on which department you work in, it can be most enjoyable. i enjoy working at this company.
Being positive
Senior phlebotomis and central processing lab (Former Employee) –  New Britain,Ct.August 18, 2015
I would start my day with a smile,repect for the patients and co-workers. I work as a team worker, doing what is expected of me. I have learned in my experience that you have to a great team , because people around you will sence when someting is wrong. Profecianalism is a big part of how i like to work. You will have your bad days but then you have your good days to make up for it. The hardest days are when nothing goes your way, but then you get a patient that makes it worth all that while.
Pros
Luch time
Cons
Heathcare
Long Time RN
RN (Former Employee) –  New Britain CTAugust 17, 2015
I recently decided to work closer to home. I took a position at local hospital. After leaving HOCC I found out HOCC hospital has the highest standards in patient care and safety vs my current work environment. I still keep in touch with my " family " at HOCC, and miss them. HOCC is a great place to work, superb Drs. and nursing staff.
Pros
Convenient parking, excellent cafe with reasonable prices, competitive pay scale
Cons
The transition from New Britain General to HOCC and the politics involved, took away Concierge Service.
DIETARY AIDE (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTJanuary 15, 2015
• Communicating effectively with customers and patients via telephone and face to face.
• Performing duties swiftly and efficiently in order to accomplish tasks in allotted time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hospital of Central Connecticut. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval