Hospital of Central Connecticut Employee Reviews in United States

Not a departement to work if you require support from management, loved the hospital
former provider (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 29, 2016
If you are a mid-level provider inquiring about a hospitalist position beware. The department is in crisis and the last to be considered or collaborated with in any decision are the mid-levels.
Regarding managemen,t there is a broad discontent throughout as micromanaging and criticism are commonplace. Unfortunately you will only hear about the negatives of your practice and be given little, if any feedback about what your bring to the group. The hospital overall is a lovely place where staff appears more content than any other hospital I've worked. It is unfortunate that this one individual has had a toxic cascading effect on the mid-levels which has forced mass exodus with more planning to leave. If you are a PA or APRN looking to apply, look elsewhere within the hartford healthcare system before this dept.
Pros
as above
Cons
as above
Great potential for growth
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 19, 2016
Good work ethic. Professional co-workers, team management, potential to grow.

Meet with department head, review projects assigned, follow up with physicians, clinicians, co-workers to collaborate information needed to complete each project. Hardest part of the job is to find the right meet with professional to complete each project. Learned a lot.
Great place to have a baby...working not so much
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Labor and deliveryJune 2, 2016
The Labor and delivery nurses are awesome to the patients, but to work there is another story. Lazy, ancient relics who won't move forward with the times. Awesome manager who is very understanding, but she's not the one you have to work with unfortunately.
Pros
Reasonably priced cafeteria food
Cons
Slow elevator
not a fun work place too stressful
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 9, 2016
Awful hospital. lots of politics and favoritism among employees very unprofessional environment especially in the Lab.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
short brakes
Application analyst for several medical systems
Radiology System Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJuly 3, 2016
Daily responsibility to troubleshoot and resolve issues of several medical information systems. Coordination with vendors and hospital departments for upgrading systems.
Enjoyed the job
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 17, 2016
The job was very rewarding and given the opportunity would have liked to remain with this company. coworkers were supportive and willing to assist in performance of the daily tasks. Management was very supportive
Staff
Cardiac Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 10, 2016
If it wasn't for the staff i would not make it through a day here very busy place. Don't bother if your not going to work hard.
Fine place to work
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 8, 2016
A basic hospital experience. Days started with quality control of sterilization equipment, cleaning instruments, then sterilizing them.
Long Time RN
RN (Former Employee) –  New Britain CTAugust 17, 2015
I recently decided to work closer to home. I took a position at local hospital. After leaving HOCC I found out HOCC hospital has the highest standards in patient care and safety vs my current work environment. I still keep in touch with my " family " at HOCC, and miss them. HOCC is a great place to work, superb Drs. and nursing staff.
Pros
Convenient parking, excellent cafe with reasonable prices, competitive pay scale
Cons
The transition from New Britain General to HOCC and the politics involved, took away Concierge Service.
its ok
lab (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 7, 2016
a typical day at work is very steady and depending on which department you work in, it can be most enjoyable. i enjoy working at this company.
Being positive
Senior phlebotomis and central processing lab (Former Employee) –  New Britain,Ct.August 18, 2015
I would start my day with a smile,repect for the patients and co-workers. I work as a team worker, doing what is expected of me. I have learned in my experience that you have to a great team , because people around you will sence when someting is wrong. Profecianalism is a big part of how i like to work. You will have your bad days but then you have your good days to make up for it. The hardest days are when nothing goes your way, but then you get a patient that makes it worth all that while.
Pros
Luch time
Cons
Heathcare
comprehensive lab with strong med techs.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 4, 2012
The lab is staffed with highly professional med techs. Management approachable. Trauma center. High visibility in community.
Pros
good salaries, very good benefits, management in all dept. approachable
Cons
entrance level salaries low, movement in lab slow making personel changes, not too much consideration of individual
Great Work Environment , Everyone works as a team
Emergency Room Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  New Britain CTJune 22, 2014
Every day is a busy day , we see many patients on a daily basis. I learned many skills to better improve my work efficiency including; properly learning how to draw blood on any aged patients, and properly learning how to preform an electrocardiogram on any patient as needed. Management treats us well and they are very good to work with along with co-workers. the hardest part of the job is keeping up with the speed of a busy day. The Most enjoyable part of the job would be being able to have the patient walk out of the emergency room feeling better than they did coming in.
Great place for learning
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  new britain CTDecember 8, 2014
I've worked there for three years. they offer good pay. management is great. the work environment is good for learning. best job i've ever had
Amazing work environment
Per Diem Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTDecember 9, 2014
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is amazing. The staff works together and is very supportive of each other. There is always someone to catch you if you are falling. There are also a lot of CECs and classes to learn more skills.

The hardest part of the job is juggling a multitude of patients at times when it is really busy. Otherwise it is the best job I've had thus far.
Pros
great people, great hospital
Cons
nothing
Outstanding healthcare facility with dedicated and hard-working individuals.
Emergency Room-Medical Reconciliation Technician (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTNovember 26, 2012
There is no real typical day at work within an Emergency Room (ER). The best approach to working in the ER is to go in with an open mind, and being able to adapt to whatever happens. It can and is an intense experience because patients come in presenting with a variety of healthcare issues and we, as a team-oriented staff, need to be ready to respond. Sometimes, it seems overwhelming, and at other times it can be relatively slow.
I enjoy the relationship I have with my fellow co-workers, and the supporting and supervising staff within the ER. The goal is to provide the best possible care as a team. There's noticeable cooperation between the entire chain of command.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult patients, and or witnessing a patient experience a traumatic healthcare situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is being there to support them and their loved ones through those difficult times. Sometimes all it takes is a warm blanket to help comfort someone.
Pros
ability to provide care and support for individuals
Cons
intense visual and emotional experience
DIETARY AIDE (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTJanuary 15, 2015
• Communicating effectively with customers and patients via telephone and face to face.
• Performing duties swiftly and efficiently in order to accomplish tasks in allotted time.
fun workplace nice people and great health plans
Patient transporter, spd tech (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTAugust 1, 2012
transportation dept great supervisor with a great team. fun enviroment, vey busy job which is good. co workers are kind and humble. just a all around great work place to be at
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay rate
Productive workplace
Patient Aide (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 27, 2014
I am responsible for transporting patients and supplies throughout the hospital in a timely manner. I am also responsible for ensuring that patients are surrounded in a safe and positive environment during their stay at the hospital.
loved this job
Lab Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 26, 2012
learned so much and made some great friends who are now family. I miss this job and they had the best benefit package I have ever encoutered.

Hospital of Central Connecticut Reviews by Location