Hospitality House Employee Reviews

Its a good place to work
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNFebruary 18, 2017
It is a great company to work for especially as a student. Management works with scheduling. There are not any full time employees. The maximum scheduled hours is 38. Overtime is not allowed.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no breaks for desk clerks, no health benefits
good place to work
Discharge Coordinator (P/T) (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 11, 2016
This is a good first job for those who are just starting out in their career. Always exciting work week but very busy. Opportunities to do multiple different social work roles.
exciting and challenging
peer leader (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 8, 2016
i voluntered at HH for a short time and it was a great experience.working with all types of personalitys and trying to help people better them self as well.this inturn helped me to see some things in my self thst neede some work,and helping these men helped me also.
Pros
live in job
Cons
very rigid and staff was tuff
Great Place to Volunteer
General Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXAugust 15, 2016
Great place to volunteer. You help organized and maintain sanitary standards.Staff is very friendly. You help inmates families by organizing donations for them.
Great overnight shift with guaranteed 40 hours
Respite Staff (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 16, 2016
The best part of this job is the reliable 40 hour overnight shift and the professional, reliable, and awesome management team!
Pros
free food
Cons
no benefits
Good Team to work with.
Medication Technician (Current Employee) –  Salida, CAMarch 31, 2016
I love the residents. A lot of training offered all the time some advancement opportunities but not many. They prefer to not hire from within for better positions. Besides that the residents are great and so are my coworkers.
Pros
Great team
Outstanding Place
Activity Director (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHFebruary 5, 2016
Small family owned business with awesome coworkers. I enjoyed the environment very much. Being a small business it offers many different pros and cons however the pros are definitely in higher weight.
Hospitality House is a small facility that offers the best in personal care. It is known for excellent rehab and long term care services.
ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHJanuary 18, 2016
Management and staff work together to maximize each resident's quality of life.
The facility is rated 5 Stars by Medicare's Nursing Home Compare and has an excellent Survey History.
Besides Skilled Nursing, Hospitality House also offers Assisted Living and Independent Living accommodations.
Pros
Good Staffing Ratio, Convenient location, accessible management, clean, stimulating Activities Program
Cons
Rooms are a bit small
loving old people
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 12, 2015
The People that I took care of were the most loving people I could ask for. I really hated leaving there but sometime you just have to move on.
patients
Security (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TXSeptember 16, 2015
working with mentally ill patients was great. I love people, so it was natural for me to work with this company and fit right in to how the program worked. There were some hard times when the clients would act up,but thats life.

Want to know more about Hospitality House?

Ask a question
Exhausting day at work
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 7, 2015
It seems like the individuals who are running this internship don't have the proper skills and background to properly apply their theories of social justice.
family atomospher
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Salida, CAJune 29, 2015
A day at work. Showers, meals, laundry companionships and laughs. I made sure the residents were safe at all times. I did incontinence care and daily ADLS.
Pros
laughs
Cons
not much for benefits
no lunch
Volunteer Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 14, 2015
In this position I was a volunteer and I assisted in this program in meeting the needs of homeless people in San Francisco Ca We provided haircuts, food hygiene bags a phone so the can call family with in the city and sometime the eastbay. Case managers were always around to assist clients in job search, as well as housing. sometime the clients can be a little over the edge far as being intoxicated and will disturb the peace but we have security that will difuse any problem quickly.
Pros
it was a learning expierence
Cons
no lunch
4 star rating
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXNovember 14, 2014
making sure the residents were taken care of and happy. I learned speaking and understanding spanish from the residents. the hardest part of the job was if a resident passed on after caring for them for the time i was there. and the most enjoyable part was seeing them happy that i cared and took time to listen and care for them. making sure they were happy.
Pros
seeing the residents happy
Cons
the death of a patient/resident
learn how to manage mental patients.
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TXFebruary 24, 2014
I really enjoy all the clients they treat you like family. It's a company where the clients look up to you, your their role model and they respect you to the fullest. You get a chance to interact with all the clients such as playing bingo, cards, volleyball, basketball, etc.
Pros
hoilday parties
Cons
short breaks
Okay
Overnight Staff (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 24, 2014
worked the overnight shift.in charge of 70 men that lived in the facility.
Working with elderly was very exciting
Certified Nurse's Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INNovember 25, 2013
With this employeer I always felt if I was making a difference in others lives. From talking, feeding, playing games to helping them with daily hygeine. My co-workers where always there to lend a had and I never once felt as if I could not ask a question from any othe them. The one thing I did not like was losing the patient to illness.
Pros
Paid vacation, holiday, sick and educational training
Cons
Dealing with death on a daily bases
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Walled Lake, MIJuly 21, 2013
Friendly people and straight forward work. Good sense of helping others in need.
meeting fun people
Asst. Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2013
talking to people from around the worl and from this country always fun and educational never a boaring moment
Pros
free beer
Cons
low pay
no chance of advancement
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHMarch 22, 2013
I enjoyed helping in management. I kept very busy. I enjoy most of co-workers. hardest thing is always getting disappointed.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay, health insurance, loyalty, trust

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hospitality House. Our community is ready to answer.