Hospitality Employee Reviews

front desk manager
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJanuary 29, 2016
processing payments. payroll.. managing the staff. scheduling the staff. a.r. payments, maintaing staff moral.. providing centric customer service...
nice place to work
indiana (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2016
I would arrive at my designated work site for the day. Let my contact person know that i'm present and wait on my instructions. once given the station I would be working I would work there for the remainder of the day.
Pros
meeting new people learning new things
Cons
having to work different places all the time
fun workplace
Guest Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  usSeptember 22, 2015
Management was there hands on and very open and up front about whatever the problem or issue was. I enjoy working here because I enjoy cleaning.
Pros
great work place
Cons
short breaks
Supportive work place with lots of potential for growth
Product Owner Special Projects (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Supportive and flexible work place. I work with a great team of people and have amazing mentors who are there to make you succeed.
Work in an amazing part of the country while doing what I love
F&B MGR (Current Employee) –  Malta, MTSeptember 8, 2015
Working for APR has been a highlight of my career. If you had the opportunity to work for Yellowstone and help it turn it into the park you visit today, would you jump at the chance to be apart of the that. Most of us would. APR is that opportunity. I get to meet amazing people while working in the F&B side. I had each aspect of the F&B while getting to enhance our guest experience. Wine Pairing, Mixlogist & guest interaction.
Pros
The Prairie, Free Housing, Wildlife
Cons
90 minutes from the closest town
Learned How Great! the Money could be as a CMT!
Hilton West Mission Bay (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 4, 2015
This was a wonderful experience! The opportunity to earn great money for the giving of my skill in Massage Therapy was very empowering! I felt like a real professional and wanted to extend the gift that Massage Therapy can give to ones life. I Thank the Hilton West Mission Bay for giving me the opportunity to go for the Spa side of this healing profession!!!
Pros
The Opportunity! The Money, Lip Stick, Body Wash, Hot Stones, AHHH...
Cons
Healing without the fufu is more or a self-satisfaction Empowerment!
PRODUCTIVE AND VERY FUN WORK PLACE
DOUBLETREE HOTEL (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 17, 2015
I DIDN'T LEARN MUCH DUE TO THE FACT THAT I AM A NATURAL PEOPLE PERSON. MY TYPICAL DAY AT WORK WOULD BE TO PUT IN RESERVATIONS WHILE MAKING SURE THAT MY GUESTS ARE BEING TAKEN CARE OF AS FAR AS MAKING SURE THEY HAVE ALL THAT THEY NEEDED AS FAR AS LINEN KEYS HOSPITALITY, ETC.,
fun work place
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAAugust 3, 2015
To give a better customer service and give people a better attitude at work and show my good work and work good with others.
Good place but not for everyone
Marketing Manager, Block 16 Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2015
Good place to learn but lacking culture, people skills and how to influence people. Growing company which is a plus for many.
Pros
fairly relaxed
Cons
not much direction and lack of employee appreciation
Productive and Fun
Guest Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  miamiJuly 30, 2015
Great Company to work for, fun, safe, constantly changing environment, room to grow and expand, friends, top management, lifestyle.
Pros
traveling, free living, people
Cons
short breaks, extremely intense
Eye opening and productive work environment
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJuly 16, 2015
A typical day would normally start off with me greeting my coworkers and getting right to work. I've learned many skills during housekeeping such as completing my work thoroughly and quickly for the customer's convenience. While working at the front desk I learned the importance of being patient and speaking clearly to customers. My management skills had been polished and improved further by my coworkers and manager putting me in situations were I would need to make the right decisions with minimum input from my them. The job had its difficulties but none I would call challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job had to have been when I was working the front desk. It was the most helpful because I was able to work with a computer as well as meet and greet many different people that visited our hotel.
Pros
Great experince with diferent cultures
Cons
the commute from home to work
fast paced and fun work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 14, 2015
Learned to handle rude customers with out being rude back,management was great very helpful. Coworkers were awesome very helpful my first days. Hardest part was handling rude and mean customers. Most enjoyable part was dealing with wonderful grateful customers.
To be proud & happy to work together in a team sharing in a common goal of a successful, profitable & innovative company, demonstrating integrity, fai
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  International Orlando - Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2015
My vision is to exceed guest needs & expectations by providing excellent & high standard services while bringing excellent results & profit, expressing my core values of hospitality & live in a style that inspires people: HOSPITALITY!

Professional Skills:
• I can perform well in team as well as independent.
• I am having good communication skills.
• I am having excellent command on English language.
• I would like to work in hospitality industry, by achieving goals put my company at top level.
• I am having good knowledge how to handle the guests, and how to give them good service.
• I am a self motivated person.

General Purpose
Attend to visitors and deal with inquiries on the phone and face to face. Supply information regarding the organization to the general public, clients and customers
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• answer telephone, screen and direct calls
• take and relay messages
• provide information to callers
• greet persons entering organization
• direct persons to correct destination
• deal with queries from the public and customers
• ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization
• monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness
• provide general administrative and clerical support
• prepare correspondence and documents
• receive and sort mail and deliveries
• schedule appointments
• maintain appointment diary either manually or electronically
• organize conference and meeting room bookings
• co-ordinate meetings and organize catering
• monitor and maintain office equipment
• control inventory relevant
  more... to reception area
• tidy and maintain the reception area
Pros
•I can work independent as well as in team, I am a quick learner, I am a self motivated person.
Great Co workers
ROP (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJuly 9, 2015
Cross-trained in all skill positions within the restaurant and gain knowledge of operational tasks including ordering, receiving, storage, and menu planning. Worked closely with the General and Associate Managers in hospitality restaurant environment. Completed certification program including a series of modules designed to teach in-store management skills.
Pros
working with great co workers
Cons
Short Breaks
Project Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 29, 2015
Good place to work if you like the Printing Industry. Active atmosphere and the coworkers are great. Benefits are also good.
Excellent team of people to work with
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 27, 2015
The industry can be a very busy one. I am pleased to have worked with an exceptional team of people while meeting our guests' daily needs.
Food services
Graduate Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 24, 2015
I enjoy at work place and every one at work place are friendly and helpful.
They taught me a lot from the mistakes that i have done.
Day to day Experiment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2015
Each day is different from the rest! It can be very busy or completely boring. Management is slightly stressful but that's hospitality.
Pros
Fun and exciting
Cons
Short breaks and pay isn't stable
Volunteer work
Vice president (Former Employee) –  Rockford IlJune 6, 2015
This was a volunteer committee with my local church.

I learned that it takes hard work to serve others

The ladies I worked with were very hard workers

Organizing volunteers

Serving
great place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 2, 2015
A typical day at work was show up wear black everything to match other workers, provide great customer service. It was a great place to work. Understanding co-workers. The hardest part of the job was just working the late shifts.