Hospitals Employee Reviews

Technology Changes
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  California and Oregon territorysNovember 13, 2015
Over the 19 years with Xerox I had seen many changes due to the onset of technology. Due to the internet and email all of us have had
to change the way things where done. Xerox had to make some difficult choices with those changes. That has caused us all to grow.
Pros
self managed
Cons
hard choices had to be made
my first clinical experience
clinical student (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 7, 2015
It was just a regular first clinical day.The patients were vulnerable and were bed ridden. One of the patient had pooped all over the bed. My preceptor wanted me to clean the bed and bed bath the patient. I was nervous to touch them. At first I heisted and questioned my self if Nursing all about cleaning patient? But as the days passed by, I started communicating with those patients, helped them get out of their beds, make them walk, feed, provide them with medication and above all it was the healing part that provided me with the greatest relief. I realized that nursing could have some tough days to deal with but this fruitful job can bring smile and satisfaction to the patient and to myself. The most important thing I learn was time management and confidentiality which is very important in this job.
Hospitals
Staff nurse positions (Former Employee) –  buffalo nySeptember 14, 2015
Nursing is a very hard job, can be challenging with some rewards but overall it is difficult emotionally. thank you. Go into the Nursing positions with your eyes wide open.
enjoying going to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 12, 2015
be their on time always,do everything you learned ,make sure everything is out and ready when the store opens,always make sure tempatures are right on every item,perpare things that are running low so that your not rushing ,the most important part is when you know youve done your best and customers come to you for assistantist and their happy when they leave,always try your hardest to get along on the job nomatter what ,the hardest part of the job is if i have to lift anything heavy,the most enjoyable part is you know that youve done your best
Pros
being happy at what your their for and benifits
Cons
working with people that dont care
a good working field
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2014
I have got 23 years in the Housekeeping Field and i love it and i want to work again in this field because i know what to do and got the experience . got e-mails from last job from nurses and boss and supervisor earned a caring pin and i like hospital field job
Pros
Meetings every month
Cons
Short Breaks
healthcare
Patient Registration Representative account rcvb (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 28, 2014
the most enjoyable part of the job , I had great co-workers. i learned a lot on this job,
Great hospital for learning and advancement
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tri-City, CAAugust 11, 2014
I especially enjoyed working in the Emergency Room with residents from Balboa. I learned about assessment from a physician standpoint. Hardest part of the job was the 12-hour shift! My most memorable day was 9/11/2001. I was working on the radio (where calls from medics come in) and within 45 minutes, the entire waiting room was overflowing with patients reporting chest pain, asthma, and the worst, suicides. We were able to finish the day without event. I'll never forget this day, the patients and staff as long as I live.
Pros
Excellent environment for learning and advancing skills
Cons
Short-staffed on several occasions
peaceful,enjoyable,workplace
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 10, 2014
I love to work hard in have fun while doing it
I learned that if I apply myself more in stay focus on work the outcome will be great
good with following instructions in orders so I think management will do great with me
I do good with working with others co workers I do my best with communication
nothing to me is to hard I can deal with challenges in hard work so I wouldn't complain
when you have good socialist around you that you bond with in get to know them we work together as a team that's the best
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
unprofessional environment & lack of enthusiasm.
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAMay 29, 2014
would possibly be better off closed.A cluttered and filthy place.It suffers from a feel of depression and care. I've seen and experienced some hideous and disgusting things at riverside healthcare some things i wish i hadn't.
I looked forwared to reporting to work everyday
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington D CDecember 13, 2013
I worked at The Washington hospital Center, Washington D C
A. My positions were- Nursing Station Secretary (Unit Clerk)

B. Blue Cross. Blue Shield out Patient Biller (Received employee of the month award)

C.Patient Account Representaive

D. Medicare In-Patient Biller

E. Business Office (Discharging Patients)

F.Out Patient Clinic Registerant
Pros
Great enviroment, great co-workers
Cons
Productive work place,had lots of fun doing pot luck dinners
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKOctober 6, 2012
What i enjoyed the most is making the pts. feel confortable. Being an team leader for the employes makes the job more satisfying. The hardest part of the job was cleaning stairs.
Pros
having an employe health nurse on staff for us.
Cons
short breaks
NURSING STUDENT (Former Employee) –  NJSeptember 14, 2012
Saving lives, learned alot of clinical skills in the hospital setting
Pros
saving lives
Cons
different shades of characters