Hostelling International

Hostelling International Employer Reviews

Nice place close to the Santa Monica pier
Marketing and Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: nice peer and manager
Cons: long drive
This was quite unique experience to me. I was lucky to learn different area in this industry, and having myself in the different type of organization. There is still a lot room for me to get improved, like official oral conversation or official written e-mails. I cannot say I was well done with all the tasks I had back in that time, but I truly did my best to learn more and experience more. Till now, I still miss those co-workers and my manager. Thank them, I had a great opportunity to work with them, and learn from them.
Productive and fun place to work with pool table
Housekeeping (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: pleasent staff
My most enjoyable part of the job is to help the customers at Hostelling International
relaxed management, good benefits, not many opportunities for upward mobility
Front Desk agent (Current Employee), Chicago, IllinoisDecember 3, 2013
Great employer that has helped me strengthen my customer service skills through daily interaction with international travelers and assisting managers on large projects/events in this 500+ bed hostel. The only reason I am looking to leave the organization is the lack of opportunities for upward mobility.
Typical Nonprofit Work
General Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 27, 2013
Pros: flexible, but demanding, schedule. great coworkers. a sense of fulfillment in the work i do.
Cons: long hours, low pay, no room to advance, lack of budget funds to make necessary improvements.
This job is basically the GM position at a 50 room hotel. There are many challenges on a daily basis, including physical plant improvements, customer service, and dealing with the rather large transient population in Downtown San Diego.
Fun place to work.
Lead Audit/Supervisor (Current Employee), Seattle WashingtonDecember 6, 2012
Pros: pretty much everything.
Cons: n/a
High turnover so advancement is quite easy. Management allows you the freedom and discretion to operate effectively. The work place taught me a lot, especially as far as my work ethic is considered. I always prided myself on how hard I worked, and this place taught me the more I put in, the more I could get out (of life in general).
There are no words for the way they run things in there.
Hospitality/ Front Desk Security (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: you meet people from all over the world.
Cons: too many to name.
They have no judgement when it comes to thinking about others. Its either there way or the highway.