Hosting.com Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
I really missed Hosting :(
Network Operation Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2016
It was a very relaxed place to work. You can come in with your short, and Friday beer in the refrigerator for you to just chill and work the work
Does not know their business
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 29, 2014
Hosting is a wonderful idea of a company, until you look closely at where they expect to grow organically. They literally have no idea how to grow, or even a good grasp on their current book of business. They are more concerned with what's coming in this month instead of growing their pipeline many months down the road. They have an immature approach to their segmentation and cannot find the right messaging to differentiate themselves in a highly competitive market. Oh, and they think a $4.4B company is their main competitor, when they are barely an $80M company. Talk about David versus Goliath. Management is conflicted and often relies upon the mercurial whims of the CEO and COO. Unless you like volatility, don't work here.
Pros
nice facility, intelligent employees
Cons
micromanaged to death, management afraid to pick a direction and go
Great work enviroment
Sales Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 14, 2014
The company truly cares about their employees. I enjoyed working with the different teams and management.
Great People, Great Fun
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 4, 2013
Working for Hosting is great! The entire company is personable and likable, including the CEO. You never feel like an outsider. The casual work environment allows you to be yourself. The atmosphere is fun and friendly; for example, there are ping pong tables, pool tables, and video game consoles in the break rooms. I have learned so much working with Hosting. My manager allows me the flexibility I need to balance my work and home life.
Good place to get your foot in the door
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 13, 2012
I've been employed at Hosting.com for 6 years now and during those 6 years I've seen the company grow, switch hands to new owners and watched while the company allowed great employees leave due to the low pay and issues with management fester. The company it's self is a good place to be, you'll be surrounded by great people, even better technicians who love / enjoy what they do however it gets overshadowed by poor release planning and implementation, which I will say is being slowly rectified but only after damage is done.

Many times when a new product is released and tech's are called to support it they are scrambling to get info on that product, which while is trial under fire they manage to get the job done but they shouldn't have too.

Benefits while good constantly go up and the pay is low, which is what prompts many of the tech's to leave as they can't afford to survive on what they are being paid. Upside is there is plenty of growth if you can move up the ladder.
Pros
good benefits, good quality of technicians
Cons
low pay, management issues, poor product planning / support.
Great People, Great Company
Sales & Channel Partner Management (Current Employee) –  Denver COJune 10, 2012
great job for those looking to join a leader in managed services

2.6