HOT SPOT Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working with this Convience Store very much!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJanuary 30, 2016
Loved working with the other staff and meeting the customers and serving them. Great atmosphere to be in and work in. I love that they play music throughout the store, it makes working a little more enjoyable.
Busy work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCOctober 18, 2015
Your mostly on the cashier and when your not at the register your cleaning up the store.
Management was easy to work with and not too strict but still expect a lot from you.
The hardest part of the job was keeping the shelves stock and handle customers at the same time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks
typical gas station work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesnee, SCOctober 15, 2015
I didn't spend enough time at this establishment to write a legit review. No complaints from the time I did spend there. The management was very understanding.
Do not properly train
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 17, 2015
You were not trained properly or long enough. They only train you for one or two days and then leave you to work by yourself for entire shifts. Then if you make a mistake an don't have anyone there to help you fix the problem because it's only been your second day. They dock your check.
Fast pace work flow, dealing with customers, operating cash register, cleaning and stocking shelves.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Timmonsville, SCAugust 20, 2015
Fast pace work environment involving customer service. Need speed and patients to excel. You need to keep a positive attitude everyday when dealing with different attitudes and personalities of every customer.
Pros
hot spot rewards card
Cons
no breaks
great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, SCJuly 28, 2015
I handle the bank deposit, waited on customers, order supply and stock shelves , check in vendors, and did paperwork i enjoyed the country atmosphere at our rural location ,i opened and closed the store, set up the drink station and hot dog bar,cleaned and mop store ,i really enjoyed waiting on my customers
Pros
friendly people
Cons
store closed
Good working indoor hotel
Cashier/ Full Time Aug.2006 (Former Employee) –  Timmonsville, SCJune 8, 2015
There very clean,organize and friendly people there. Your not greeted the line always long there. The cashiers there are not very friendly and always have some funny looking hair color are just look mean.
geat customers, awful management
Night Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chesnee, SCDecember 22, 2014
I really didn't like working for Hot Spot because of the management. the manager was ruse and would only give two days to train employees before letting them work alone in the store. Due to the way management treated the employees, not many lasted. The manager would often call on days off for employees to come in. I worked for almost three weeks straight without a day off. Many days I would have to work double shifts. Most of the customers were kind and understanding.
Pros
clean workplace
Cons
bad management, no breaks, few days off
Fun workplace, friendly environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 17, 2014
The job had poor customers, but fun employees, i learned management skills, customer service and depsoit.
Fun place to work.
Assistant manager, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Landrum, SCOctober 14, 2014
I worked with good people. Who taught me about maintaining the state regulations.

Want to know more about HOT SPOT?

Ask a question
Convenience store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Inman, SCOctober 7, 2014
The management is great, co workers are great to work with. the hardest part was working with perverted Truck drivers, but the easiest was the friends that you make the customers that you are around. You can change someones day with a smile.
Pros
great management
Cons
high benefits amount each week, hardly any hours
GAS STATION
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMarch 29, 2014
I loved working face to face with different types of people everyday providing them with a welcoming customer service experience and great overall experience when coming into the store
Pros
customers
Cons
tempers
Fun, upbeat environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stockton, MOMarch 6, 2014
Hot Spot was a job that I looked forward to every day. My manager was fun to work with, but also tough when need be. All of the co-workers got along well and I feel as if that is very important. I had a lot of regular customers at Hot Spot that I got to have great conversation with every day, which is what I loved most about my job. I've had some even bring me sweets to work just because, and a couple of them even bought me and my daughter Christmas presents.
8 weeks into working for Hot Spot, I was promoted to assistant manager, which was the hardest part of my job, but simple after doing it for a couple of weeks. I learned about auditing, paperwork, properly counting out cash drawers, answering calls from the head office and answering their questions to the best of my ability, ect.
Pros
assistant manger pay, great co-workers, fantastic managment, friendly customers.
Cons
impatient out of towners, closing late at night by myself.
Just Lovely
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gresham, SCJanuary 31, 2014
What a wonderful Job! I met and greeted a lot of people at this job. It was fun and outgoing!
Not a career, just a job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 27, 2014
High overturn rate, little benefits, minimum wage. For the person looking to get by, not for someone who would want to advance.
hotspot
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCJanuary 26, 2014
a day at hot spot can be fun, and very stressful. you have your good days an your bad days.

I've learn not to let people walk all over me. learn to handle a store by myself. learn how a store runs. I've learned how to do new things like. paper work, vendors, ordering,

management is good sometime like i said first you have your good days and your bad days.

i love my co workers we all get along, we all work together an try to keep the store together, try to keep our customers happy.

the hardest part about working at hotspot. you have to keep you mind clear by all means. it gets hecktic. dealing with rude customers, robbers, lottering, how much you got to do with stocking an cleaning. it's alot.

my most enjoyable part about my job is that i get to meet so many new people. i learn an hear new things from them everyday. my customer are the reason that i am still there an that i still have a job. i give them the respect an happiness that they deserve when the come into the store. I want them to feel welcome so that they will come back.
Pros
no break except ciggarett breaks every two hours
Cons
you get benifits after so many months
Good location to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gresham SCJanuary 15, 2014
Great location. Close to the Beach and to home as well. Really like my job, I just had to move.
Really nice place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 12, 2013
Worked for years here but company would not let me work as manager and go to school to further my education.
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 30, 2013
I found a new respect for truck drivers after working with them on a day to day basis. I learned that most stores don't make their money from gas purchases and it is important to upsell. I loved the people that I worked with or for. The hardest part of the job was working all night and not really having much time for anything else.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCJuly 17, 2013
The one thing I love about this job is being around many different people in one day. The people I work with are amazing and act as they were family. Very caring workplace.
Cons
no breaks