Hotel del Coronado Employee Reviews

Terrible company to work for
Sales (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAMay 20, 2017
The Hotel del Coronado is a very poorly managed company. They will use you and wear you down. There is no such thing as work/life balance at this company.
Beautiful place
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAApril 5, 2017
Beautiful place to work for with lots of room for growth. The only CON is that you'll be stuck working every holiday/birthday/family event. Free lunches are served everyday.
Review
Reservations Manager (Current Employee) –  Coronado, CAMarch 25, 2017
I had the ability to secure two promotions within two years working at the Hotel del Coronado. Management is willing to hire from within and facilitate the growth of line level associates into leadership roles. The typical day to day is longer than 8 hours so you can expect to do overtime if you are not salaried. The most difficult part of the job is the summer season because of the heavy volume. The most enjoyable part of the job is the lasting relationships you build with coworkers and assisting guests in a beautiful location.
Pros
Award Luncheons, Beautiful Location, Union Benefits, Associate Cafeteria, Yearly Associate Gala, Experiential Team Outtings
Cons
Workload
faced paced
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAMarch 14, 2017
very busy throughout the year, very faced paced environment. must be a self started, customer service oriented, self efficient, time management a plus. fun place to work
Pros
good benefits
Cons
nee to know how to balance your life style
Terrible place to work
Recreation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Don't think that just because this is the Hotel Del that this is going to be an awesome place to work at. This place is horrible! They do not care any little bit about their employees, and management sucks. All you are is a number to them, they don't care to get to know you at all and will throw you under the bus if they ever get the chance. Also management won't care how reliable you are as an employee. You are replaceable and they will treat you as such. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!
Pros
Free lunches
Worked there for almost 6yrs and was sad to leave
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Overall the environment is one of the best you could work in. right next to the beach. Management should consider their workers attributes. Learned more of the business perspective side of the hotel. Made some great friends and it's great for networking for outside of the hotel, businesswise
Pros
some good benefits, beautiful enviornment
Cons
Rats. hire from within.Take away the turning it into a convention hotel, it's a beach resort. Management needs help
Fantastic people and a historical hotel.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Every day I came in, I learned something new about the history of San Diego as well as Coronado. The guest, co-workers, and management were all delightful to be around. I worked in the Signature Shop, the hotels leading revenue gainer and would oversee inventory, made sure I knew where to guide the guest in need, and was responsible for maximizing sales.
Iconic Hotel on the Beach
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 28, 2016
Really great place to work. Beautiful views. Extremely busy all day every day. Most of the management was spread thin and under stress when I worked there. Co workers are professional and efficient. Great benefits, including medical/ dental and 401K. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the demand, but once you know the ropes, it becomes easier. I really enjoyed rising to the challenge and providing the legendary service that the guests expect and deserve. I learned how to multitask and to bar-tend among a multitude of other valuable skills. I enjoyed coming to work everyday in that beautiful hotel.
Pros
great benefits, great compensation
Cons
short breaks if permissible, heavy work load
Beautiful place to work, front desk staff is great
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Coronado, CADecember 14, 2016
It was great to start each day driving over the Coronado Bridge and seeing how beautiful it really is. Front desk is a great place to start at the hotel. Management has recently changed to younger staff which is fun to work with. You have to deal with a lot of unhappy guests, but the happy ones overshadow them for the most part. Guest service agents are a part of the union, which can be both a good or bad thing. The newest agents start working the overnight shift as soon as you are trained, but turnover is frequent so you won't have to do it for very long.
Beautiful views
Wine attendant (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CANovember 14, 2016
Beautiful property with great insurance and benifits
Very poor management and highly disorganized
I learned not to trust anyone, work load was easy as it gets
Fun place to work for.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CASeptember 15, 2016
Must enjoy working weekends, free breakfast and lunch, good benefits, pay holiday, Must be flexible to work different task, and being on time is a must.
Wonderful Hotel
Executive Assistant / Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAJune 29, 2016
Originally hired as an Executive Assistant but quickly promoted to department manager. Great place to work. Wonderful staff
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Being on call 24/7
a very negatiove work enviroment
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAMay 4, 2016
the management really needs to be better at communicating. No one is on the same page and it a very disorganized environment. Nothing is ever appreciated or aknowleged for anything anyone does.
Pros
discounts on merchandise
Cons
no healthcare and not enough money
Good Place
Moo Time Associate (Current Employee) –  Coronado, CAMarch 30, 2016
Its a good place to work, and the people are are really nice. It is hard to advance Working here as been great and I am so glad I had the opportunity to work here
No advancement for me.
Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAFebruary 25, 2016
I enjoyed The Del, worked in many departments as a trainee in the hotel management program. At that time no one was leaving in The Sales Department, so hence no advancement.
Pros
Free parking and lunches
Cons
Could not move up
A new challange everyday
Network Engineer\I.T. Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Maintaining an historic hotel and bring it into the future. The people I worked with are the reason for a good day. Associates are happy and enjoy their jobs and that makes your job of supporting them much more pleasant.
This company went through a take-over, and a new General Manager was appointed. The essence of The Del felt stripped away.
Sales & Staff Supervisor - Retail (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CADecember 2, 2015
The Hotel del Coronado is one of the most amazing iconic properties in America. I worked here for 5 years. The property was taken over & a new GM was appointed. The essence of The Del was stripped away and replaced with dollar signs. It is not the place it once was. I truly hope that one day it will be again taken over by someone/a company that truly cares about the historic excellence of this beautiful property and will bring back the historic value that this property so deserves.

Working here before the take over was magical, after the take over miserable.
Relaxed Luxury
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Coronado, CASeptember 30, 2015
The Hotel del Coronado is the friendliest work environment in San Diego. The management is very organized and efficient,
Fun place to work, great learning opportunities
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAMarch 9, 2015
I loved it. It had its ups and downs but it was overall an amazing opportunity and I hope someday I will be able to go back. You definitely worked however; that's why they pay you. You always had a chance to learn something new and for the most part managers do care and do their best to support you.
Pros
Fun people, great benefits, good pay
Cons
understaffed
I really like all my co-workers, hotel wide. Some really good people.
Retail (Current Employee) –  Coronado, CAFebruary 16, 2015
It's a great place to work. Coming over the bridge and seeing that beautiful structure among all the trees and ocean is amazing. Put's me in a good mood.

Guests are 99.9% happy because they're on vacation and in a beautiful location. So that is a big perk.

My supervisor is awesome. Our department has some really good people.

I love working here. I love customer service so my favorite part of the job is making people happy. I love when a guest leaves laughing and happy. I love it even more when they come back the next day just to say hi. It's a good feeling.
Pros
The hotel feeds you and clothes you. Offers great room discounts there and our sister hotels.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hotel del Coronado. Our community is ready to answer.

Hotel del Coronado Reviews by Location