Hotel Teatro Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great place to work.
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 26, 2017
I managed schedules and time punches. Helped the Chief Engineer with the budget. Did preventive maintenance, electrical plumbing and mechanical repairs.
Fun work environment but very poor compensation and advancement
Front Desk Agent/Valet-Bellman (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 11, 2016
The management of this hotel is more focused on dropping money to their bottom line than providing great service to guest. They intentionally under staff the hotel to avoid paying more employees, which results in poor customer service. An example is management trying to teach front desk agents how to make a latte and other coffee drinks because they didn't want to staff the coffee bar with a barista. The management at this hotel also takes advantage of their employees and offers almost no room for advancement. For example, they gave an employee who had been working there for 10 years a 42 cent raise.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management, pay, incentives
Very down to Earth
Night Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2015
Wonderful place that is filled with cool, collected business professionals who know how to make hospitality effortless
Productive and fun workplace with tools and people.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 9, 2015
Let me start off with a typical day at work. I would get there change, clock in. Then i would go to my office look for rooms that needed some maintenance from me. After i would go to my meeting with Managers, Front desk workers, House keeping. After the meeting i would go to the rooms fix whatever they needed to be fixed. Once i was finished, i would look for more things to fixed, i would go help my staff members with things they needed help with. I would water the plants, clean outside, take care of calls that use to get, pretty much anything that came up.... I learned how to treat people, also i learned how you need to act at work, how to be responsible, need to finished things on time, how to get busy, how to change locks from rooms. i also learned a little bit about electricity, How to fix walls, paint them. I learned a lot of things. The only thing i didn't like was management. they only care about money and not about staff, or making things better to get peoples more attention. They also didn't pay much attention to their workers. My co-workers were hard working people, helpful's, friendly, good people skills, and making sure that the people loved Hotel Teatro.. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the fire Alarm. It would off by it self, it would be hard to deal with, even to find where the location of the alarm was.. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to people. getting to know more people. Helping them, making sure the visit the stay at the hotel was awesome.
Pros
Na
Cons
short breaks
Great opportunity to further my Management skills
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 6, 2014
Typically in the restaurant business, every day is different. There are always challenges to overcome but with our outstanding customer service, our guests were normally satisfied with our services. Management and co-workers were very friendly, fair, and hard-working. At hotel Teatro I learned Excel, as well as how the restaurant industry works. The hardest part of the job was trying to manage minors who dislike authority. Also, for having a title of "Restaurant Manager," the pay was extremely and insultingly low.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting, and working with the kitchen staff, who taught me many things about the restaurant industry.
Pros
Discounted menu prices.
Cons
The hotel does not provide parking for employees.
Boutique Hotel
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 9, 2012
I have enjoyed working at Hotel Teatro but I am looking for a job that will not require working nights, weekends and holidays.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
no 401k match, expensive health insurance.

Want to know more about Hotel Teatro?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hotel Teatro. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2