Hotel Valley Ho Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun environment
Pool Bartender (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 21, 2015
Fun and lively scene, great management. Hard and tiring work but rewarding at the time. Strong cast of employees was a benefit
Pros
autonomy, free lunches, great boss
Hotel Valley Ho
Hostess, Food runner, Server (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 25, 2015
I enjoyed this job. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the people who came into the eat but the work hours were not enough.
Productive and good environment workplace.
Hostess/ Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 1, 2013
I would start off my day by setting up my work station. Making sure all the materials that were needed for the day were in place. I also made sure all reservations for the day were all confirmed. Then, I would provide appropriate seating arrangements for the servers of the day. When all pre-shift duties were done, the crew of the day would gather up in the kitchen to have our meeting. In our meeting managers would go over what was going on around the hotel and what we would be expecting for the day. The hardest part was that the expectations were not always met. Although they were not always met, the staff was always prepared. Which leads to the most enjoyable part of the job, we all liked to work together as a family and help one another out.
Pros
good benefits, flexibility, diversity.
Cons
poor management skills.
Awesome place to work, with wonderful people
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 22, 2013
A typical day at the Hotel Valley Ho included greeting new and return guests, catering to their specific needs and requests, getting them the right room, offering discounts and upgrades when possible, and ultimately providing top-notch quality service. I learned how to communicate with people on a professional and personal manner. I also learned how to be a part of a productive team. Both my managers and co-workers were excellent. Managers went out of their way to teach instead of simply demanding and were always open to suggestions. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with unsatisfied guests. Try as you might, you can't make everyone happy. Most enjoyable part was hearing how amazing a guest's stay was with us.
Pros
great staff, everyone is very knowledgable and helpful. free lunches, full half hour breaks, and an always positive and up-beat work environment
Cons
sometimes got very hectic with low numbers of staff.
Love working here just not enough work.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 24, 2013
This a great industry to be in always meeting new people,
and tell them about the great state of Arizona.
Pros
i love the fact that i get to work inside and out in the sun
Cons
not enough work
great place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 22, 2012
I worked by myself with little supervision,I learned a lot from my bosses,I worked well with my co-workers.the top management
you could talk to with no prblems at all.
To work by my self when the hotel was full with a lot of guest calls
but that ,i was ok with that.I like to work with all employees and talk
ing with all guest
Pros
the lunches were free and the food was great to eat
Cons
some time i had a lot of calls i short lunch breakes
Fun and hip place to work.
Spa Retail Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 14, 2012
My work day consists of assisting guests in the spa where the retail area is located for the entire hotel, as well as executing my daily retail duties; which are but not limited to receiving, restocking, and reordering retail items, training employees on retail, and the up-keep of the retail area.

Over the years i have gained knowledge in the hospitality industry as well as learned a lot of the in's and outs of running a small boutique.
Pros
free lunch, heathcare benifits, cross training in other departments

4.5