Reports To: Accounts Receivable Credit Manager
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for collections for clients in a timely manner specified by Hotelbeds
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collect Accounts Receivable dollars and maintain accurate client statement & aging. This area also organizes/reconcile disputed invoice claims and queries.
- Aging maintenance and Review - Ensure the proper maintenance and reconciliation for the aging on assigned clients. Making sure that any statements or reports are sent to clients as necessary in Hotelbeds Format. A minimum requirement of timely reconciliation is required, and various deadlines are set by Credit Manager throughout the year for older balance clean-up.
- Collecting - Participate in the collection process for all assigned clients. This includes supporting the use of e-mails, faxes and phone calls.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Credit Manager to review collection efforts and tweak as needed for maximum collection results.
- Good customer service is necessary here in order to establish a good working relationship with all clients and other departments.
- Excellent organizational skills are required for this position.
- Special Projects - This entails any project deemed necessary by the Credit Manager.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Pay rate: $13.50 Hourly
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform collections in a high volume B2B environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1 to 3 years related experience and/or training in Collections/Accounts Receivable is mandatory and experience in B2B collection environment or Share Service center experience is a PLUS.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Trilingual (English/Spanish/Portuguese).
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.