Hotels.com Employee Reviews

It was a fun place to work until.......
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 15, 2017
It was a good place to work with good benefits until we underwent a management change. The new management ran off most of the talented producers. The overall sales floor suffered and was eventually closed and the jobs were transferred to Manila.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Fun Atmosphere
Cons
too many to list here
Friendly Staff, Fun Work
CONSULTING, Content Writer / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2017
I led a bunch of fun projects around marketing and testing while there. Leadership was always open to trying new things and were very engaged with the staff.
Pros
Staff, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Sometimes Political
muscat
hospitality and hotel (Current Employee) –  Addis AbabaJuly 27, 2017
when i Pizza Hut muscat work central kitchen that time my birth day time but
i forget that time when work finished when i out my Friends they say wondwosen we need toke to you the day off to is your birth day they give me also gift . i am not that unforgettable day .
A great place to work . I feel it will build your customers service skills up
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 14, 2017
Just love people and help build your skills up. Being able to greet and meet alot of people with a smile. The motel nice and comfortable. Nice environment. The people work there are very nice. Nice and clean as well as the rooms
Pros
You want have to leave for nothing
Cons
Short breaks are good
Palm court resort (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJune 8, 2017
Enjoy working with clients over the phone when taking their prescription order refills.got along great with other employees. And like my work schedule..
Pros
Great people
Cons
Certainhours
Worked as a temporary Customer Service employee for Modis, Inc.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2017
My position at Hotels.com consisted of answering incoming calls concerning billing issue for hotels associated with Expedia and Hotels.com in their accounting department.
Educating hotels on invoicing and receiving payments from Hotels.com and self-service options provided by Expedia.com
I also Cross-trained to relocate guest due to overbooking at hotels. I learned a lot concerning the Hospitality industry. This was a great work atmosphere due to the teamwork within Hotels.com on relocating guest.
Pros
Learned the ins and outs of the Hospitality industry.
Cons
The position was a temporary position with only a one year contract.
I enjoyed my time there, but not a good company for most.
Content and Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2017
I worked for H.com when it was still a private company, and through its IPO and eventual acquisition by Interactive.
I can't vouch for the company these days, as I haven't worked there in over a decade.
Back in the day, H.com had its flaws but I did okay there and accepted the company as it was, warts and all.
Hotels.com
Premium Team Hotels.com Rewards Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 23, 2017
Captain Obvious is the mascot for a reason. This group within Expedia knows how to have fun and yet work hard. It's more like being in a club than going to a job.
Love
Lodging Support Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2017
The best career I have ever had and was able to grow in the field I love and to grow as a woman.
I started as a temp and a year later I was hired on full time.
I wasn't doing anything special, just relocating guest to different hotels since the hotel they booked oversold.
I worked my way up and became a Property Assist Coordinator fixing the details for different hotels on the live site.
The company grew on me like a family. It was wonderful.
Mostly working from home
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Speaking with people all over the world setting up reservations.Also dealing with 3rd party customers link to different hotel websites.Working from home 75% of the time.
Fun and relaxed place to work
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Very good place to work. Very laid back and the pay was better than some other jobs of its nature. There was some perks with the job as you could get discount thru a travel agency for travels and hotels.
Pros
Very good with employees
Cons
Contracted out customer care
Productive and Fun Work Place
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 4, 2017
Management was amazing to work for and company was family friendly. It was a very fast paced atmosphere with tons of perks.
Productive and fun work place
LODGING SUPPORT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2016
A day at work at Hotels.com was always full of fun and learning new things to help employees grow within the company. We were 'One Team, One Family"
Managers were always looking for amazing ways to get us together and have fun and work as a team to reach company goals.
Pros
Amazing staff, who cares and loves everyone
Cons
Strange work hours
Sales agent
SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 17, 2016
Hard to transfer departments in sales.. Low base pay.. Have to achieve a lot of sales to make decent money and keep desired schedule. No cafeteria
Far drive from central part of town
My first job and it was great
Holiday Inn (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 3, 2016
Loved being a part of the team and became a Team Leader due to my ability to lead others. The hardest part of the job was learning to work in other areas outside of my regular job. It was a challenge but I was able to overcome my difficulties in a very short time.
Awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 16, 2016
This was an awesome company. The benefits and travel perks were all great. They are now under Expedia and a lot has changed. Nothing but great things during that time
Hotels.com
Sales Supervisor, June (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 6, 2016
I worked mainly nights at Hotels.com, It was a pretty good company to work for. I worked my way up from a customer care agent to a supervisor.
great place
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 10, 2016
i loved every bit of this place. the only issue i had was with vertain management who didn't go to back for me on some issues. overall a great place. the pay was great. the environment was top notch as well.
It was an exerience, fun & engaging
Residence Inn by Marriott (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 11, 2015
I learned how a hotel is ran, amount of work that is in detailed.
How fun it was and how to keep up with the happenings within the hotel. Meet different people daily.
The single worst company and culture you can ever imagine
Inbound Relocation Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2015
The head has no clue what the rest of the entire body is ever doing at any time.

The home office of Expedia is SOOO immensely disconnected from the entire rest of the company that each building and department gets to do whatever it wants
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hotels.com. Our community is ready to answer.