Hotels.com Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
LODGING SUPPORT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2016
A day at work at Hotels.com was always full of fun and learning new things to help employees grow within the company. We were 'One Team, One Family"
Managers were always looking for amazing ways to get us together and have fun and work as a team to reach company goals.
Pros
Amazing staff, who cares and loves everyone
Cons
Strange work hours
My first job and it was great
Holiday Inn (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 3, 2016
Loved being a part of the team and became a Team Leader due to my ability to lead others. The hardest part of the job was learning to work in other areas outside of my regular job. It was a challenge but I was able to overcome my difficulties in a very short time.
Sales agent
SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 17, 2016
Hard to transfer departments in sales.. Low base pay.. Have to achieve a lot of sales to make decent money and keep desired schedule. No cafeteria
Far drive from central part of town
Awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 16, 2016
This was an awesome company. The benefits and travel perks were all great. They are now under Expedia and a lot has changed. Nothing but great things during that time
Hotels.com
Sales Supervisor, June (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 6, 2016
I worked mainly nights at Hotels.com, It was a pretty good company to work for. I worked my way up from a customer care agent to a supervisor.
great place
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 10, 2016
i loved every bit of this place. the only issue i had was with vertain management who didn't go to back for me on some issues. overall a great place. the pay was great. the environment was top notch as well.
The single worst company and culture you can ever imagine
Inbound Relocation Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2015
The head has no clue what the rest of the entire body is ever doing at any time.

The home office of Expedia is SOOO immensely disconnected from the entire rest of the company that each building and department gets to do whatever it wants
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
It was an exerience, fun & engaging
Residence Inn by Marriott (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 11, 2015
I learned how a hotel is ran, amount of work that is in detailed.
How fun it was and how to keep up with the happenings within the hotel. Meet different people daily.
If applying for sales...DON'T
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Springfield MOMay 30, 2015
You have a qualifier to get paid commission. You have to hit a NET CLOSE [(Sales - Cancels)/calls taken]. It was 42% in Feb, 44% in March, 47% in April, 48% in May, and it rumored to be 52% in June.

In two weeks, I sold over $100k in hotels, closed over 52% gross and averaged about $400/sale. Now...because of cancellations-which you can't control- my commission check was $0.00. those same numbers in march would have earned me around $1,200.

So...don't apply until they fix commission scale.

Benefits are great, and its an easy job...when you are earning commission..

apply at your own peril
dathin inn
days inn (Current Employee) –  days innSeptember 9, 2015
i would work here to keep it clean and see is our people is good or not and do they need anything i would get it for them. If they hungry i would cook anything they want they don't have to buy nothing for me to cook ill buy it.
fun people, lacking advancement opportunity
Lodging Support Services Inbound Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 4, 2015
Great place for a call center. Software in use is patchwork. Low turnover in mgmt. means little opportunity for advancement. Supervisors pick out their pets for projects which doesn't seem to be based on ability. Great benefits.
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
too many leadership meetings, no advancement.
Sr. International AP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 1, 2015
Hotels.com cares about their employees advancement and work-life balance. I was given excellent opportunities for job growth and learning of additional skills. If I ever move back to Missouri, I would definitely try to go back to work for them.
accounting and banking department department work
Financial Editor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2014
Average day was review/checking/detailing all accounting and banking information on new and updating clients and companies. I loved the workplace there, we have a fun committee and did an outside event monthly to release stress and join with co-workers for fun. The hardest part of the job was only when they sent the banking department to Missouri and we were laid off in Dallas. I would love to work there again, but they only use temps for short periods at a time here.
Pros
general environment
Data Entry
Payment Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2014
This was a data entry position. I was part of a team but we were responsible for ourselves and our own work. Each day I only had to input hotel invoice information and submit payment. My co-workers were kind but kept to themselves. Manager was fair and trained us thoroughly. The hardest part of the job was determining if invoices received were duplicates or not. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to listen to music all day while working diligently
Pros
no overtime.
Cons
cold office
Great place to work.
Customer Service Agent Hotels (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 29, 2012
Received inbound customer service and sales calls, dealing with customer service concerns and complaints. Averaged 80-120 calls on daily basis. Achieved customer satisfaction rating of 98% within three months, exceeding company's target of 90%. Improved my ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, while providing exceptional customer service. I handled routine and very complex hotels reservations, flights, and vacation packages. The call I managed provided me with the confidence to expedite the call, while displaying empathy and maintaining professionalism. Arranged payments for customer via credit card or negotiated other payment arrangement.
Enriching environment for advancement from within company
Senior Director Internet Affiliate Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2012
6 AM to 6 PM adding affiliates through marketing ideas
Internet research capabilities
Managed my own division
hired great people, co-workers very supportive of my efforts
watching new business be abandoned in call center because of huge increase in business
constantly formulating new ways to expand hotel offerings and affiliate business increases
Pros
freedom to use ideas that were not the norm, winning sales contest/tripss
Cons
having to train call center people to close business coming in
Very productive and busy place to work.
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2012
•Monitored iSeries AS/400 LPAR operations and processed system saves, backups and restores
•Trouble shooting and escalation of different systems and problems to the correct personnel
•Monitored batch processing and scheduled nightly jobs for processing
•Setup new users in different systems for access
•Created helpdesk tickets for all system problems
•Customer service by helping users with different problems concerning their network access
•Keep documentation of different issues that arose in the Noc while on duty to discuss in weekly meetings
Pros
very busy place to work alot to monitor and keep running.
Cons
only worked there 2 months before the big layoff.
Fun work place with excellent employees
Full Time Employee- Payment Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2013
Processed invoices all day long while listening to I-pods if chose to
Management was outgoing and created a fun environment while making sure business was still first.
Made several friends with co-workers
The hardest part was figuring out an error in a hotels calculation on an invoice.
The most enjoyable part of the job is they took care of there employees and rewarded them when necessary
Pros
discount sodas, microwave, creamer, toaster, break rooms with TV
Cons
processing paperwork all day at your desk was kind of boring
Fast paced call center.
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 24, 2012
The typical day was high inbound calls, and some outbound. Changed, cancelled, and switched reservations. Booked hotels, and also referred hotels to customers. Contacted hotel managers if discrepancies occured.
I had a wonderful supervisor, and she was the best.
I learned that if you book a room, make sure you know what you are asking for. If it is a room with a view, be very specific.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with international hotels. Sometimes their rules and cancellation policies are different from the hotels in the U.S.
My most enjoyable part of the job was correcting any mistakes on the company's or the customer part, and retained the customer.
Pros
company discounts on hotels.
Cons
no room for growth.
Springfield office sucks
finops (Current Employee) –  springfieldAugust 10, 2012
Benefits are okay. Management/supervision of financial operations is incompetent and will fire people without warning for infraction of selectively imposed policy (they fire those who aren't their favorites). They love to use their ability to fire someone for any/no reason. Supervisors encourage harassment of the aforementioned by other employees. Supervisors will dump the parts of their job they don't want, such as additional training, on their team members. They change rules on whim to suit their purposes. Promotions/perks are awarded by favoritism only.
Pros
pay is good for the springfield area
Cons
no job security no matter how hard you work. management is nasty, dictatorial, inflexible and overtly plays favorites.