Hotwire Employee Reviews

Upper management got taken over by parent company.
Senior Web Developer, Software Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 17, 2016
It started as a great place to to work. Over time the parent company continued to inject more and more upper management form their own organization. This completely changed the culture.
Pros
Great location, solid middle management
Cons
Unreasonable business goals, weak upper management
Great work environment
SEM Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 3, 2015
There is support from upper management to get your work done. They encourage advancement through company training programs.
Relaxed work place with great staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORMay 14, 2015
What I learned from my time at hotwire is to help people dealing with time crunches. I helped with bookings and fixing mistakes that might have happened before or after the booking process.
Pros
Job advancement, bonus
Cons
Disgruntled customers
Stersful place to be
Senior Accounts Payable Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 19, 2014
Very stressful place to work. A lot of orders but lack of direction. Very disorganized department lack of leadeship
Fun Travel Environment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 13, 2013
Good work/Life balance for a tech company. Fun subject matter. Opportunities for advancement depend on the team.
Exciting and enjoyable expearance
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 14, 2013
My work day was long but enjoyable. I would open the office conduct my morning interviews, conferm my daily appiontments and prepare the team for a possative day.
I learned that not everyone is made for customer serviceknow matter how much training or support I supplied. I also learned I dont like spiders.
The owners are great! I have known them for 20+ years. When ever there was an issue that I felt there might be a conflict of intrest if I handled it, they always steped up.
My co-workers were great most of us had the same intrests at heart, of course sometimes you find a bad apple in the bunch.
The hardest part of my job was the, sometimes 13-16hr. days. But that is required at times to keep a company in the black and keep clients happy.
The best times were when you have the chance to see the relief of a client when the see what the service you have provided them is above and beyond what they expected.
Pros
Buisness were purchased at company expence, Casual Fridays, and great buisness lunches.
Cons
Did not get to spend a lot of time with my family.
Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 16, 2013
Good place to work. Has a great set of individuals working there.
Not a nice place to work, cubical farm...
Sr. UX Designer (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoSeptember 24, 2012
Build the front end of the IOS iPad App and website, worked in a small team, had a start up feel to it.