Houghton College

Houghton College Employer Reviews

Great place to work if you like a quiet and laid back atmosphere
Custodial Supervisor (Current Employee), Houghton,NYMarch 10, 2014
A typical day of work includes: checking the four buildings i'm responsible for, checking on student workers and the jobs they perform, performing my own daily cleaning jobs.
College
Electrician (Former Employee), Houghton, NYFebruary 22, 2013
In a commercial and college residential building setting my duties include a range from changing a 5watt bulb to changing/adding a 450amp service panel.
Also, the changing of bulbs/ballasts (as required) in low/high voltage (125/250vac) lighting applications. Also adding branch circuits to upgrade existing power needs.
I repair of anything electrical – more... and ranging from oven ranges, dishwashers, microwave ovens, fire alarm panels, emergency lighting and smoke detectors. If it has electrical power, it exists within my job spectrum.
I am also, responsible for monthly inspections and maintenance of emergency power generators. Also, installed smoke/fire detection systems in residence buildings.
I am trained and experienced in the safe use of tools and equipment necessary to the job request, i.e. multimeters. ladders, manlifts, bucket truck. – less
Wonderful People
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Houghton, NYOctober 26, 2012
Houghton college is a fantastic community of like minded individuals, they don't pay the best, but you'll love your time there
A great place to work while in school
Sales Associate (Part time) (Former Employee), Houghton, NYJuly 17, 2012
Pros: great company culture, supportive management, constructive critcism, customer interaction
Cons: fixed pay
I maintained this job while I was a student at Houghton College. The work environment is excellent. Management always encourages you to find your niche in the company. I created many visual displays within the store and was given many creative projects. We recieved great feedback from the customers and management was also impressed. You are always given – more... support and constructive criticism which I throughly appreciated. – less
A lot of work for very little reward.
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Houghton, NYMarch 1, 2012
This place has a lot of potential and does offer a decent education, but is investing very little in its backbone, i.e. the faculty.