Houlihan's Restaurants Inc Employee Reviews

Okay place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJanuary 15, 2018
Met some good people and had an okay time working there! Poor service choices with some of the staff members not being very cleanly, quality people. But overall not a bad place to work
Pros
50% off
Cons
Never consistent hours
Great working experience
Fry Cook/Pantry Chef (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2018
Working at Houlihan's was very cool I got to work at almost every station. Everyone there was very friendly other than the manager who was extremely rude to me.
server life
Bar tender- creating beverages (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 4, 2018
i was a server and bartender so it was pretty typical. as a bartender i had to make sure i knew all my drinks, that the set up from the morning shift was redone.
Part Time
Server/ Expo / Host (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJanuary 4, 2018
Houlihans is a great place to work while in school - it provides a friendly place to work, along with a wonderful food menu to speak about with your guest.
A very organize and well managed establishment
Server (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYDecember 29, 2017
A day at work would be a normal pace flow of traffic right before dinner, i learned that just before dinner hours it is wise to prep yourself before such a fast pace shift begins and if times got too hectic, the management staff was at the right positions to attend to any problem occurring before it was it got outta hand. the staff and customer relationship really set the tone for regulars in the restaurant, as the tone being a relaxing and fun place to eat. the hectic parts of the day could be seen as hard but knowing that is hectic is that everyone is getting to work and serving the customers in a timely fashion for the great eating experience.
Pros
The experience the customers
Cons
running out of certain inventory
A fun place
Casual Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARDecember 1, 2017
Having fun was always important, it helped minimize the stress and tension with the rest of the staff. A typical day for me started at 6:30am- 6pm....
The restaurant is a very fast paste business
Key Hourly Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJNovember 27, 2017
The restaurant business is a very friendly environment sometimes you see many different people or the same people which help you get through the day when you have good company.
Pros
always kept me on my feet
Cons
there was no cons
n/a
Server (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 20, 2017
I really enjoyed working at houlihans. everyone that i worked with was great. One really awesome thing about working for hershey entertainment and resorts was you got into hershey park for free. Also after you worked so many hours you were eligible for part time regular benefits.
Scratch kitchen and always learning
KITCHEN MANAGER/SERVICE MANAGER/FLOATING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILNovember 20, 2017
A typical work day was about 11 hours on average. I learned how to meet and greet with guests. Learned the financial aspects into a restaurant. Managers coming through training were very under trained. The culture was dependent of who the mangers were, I like to keep things light and fun and not miserable. I loved my server and kitchen staff, they made every day more enjoyable.
good environment
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 10, 2017
working at houlihans was always fun and had a pretty timely rush at the same time each day. The managers prided themselves on getting the workers to treat eachother as family which always helped with the way everyone worked together
Fast paced with very little down time
Cook (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTNovember 10, 2017
Its a very busy job so you have to be fast and all work needs to be very presentable. The work days feel very long because you work from the time you clock in until the time you clock out.
Pros
Free Dinner
Cons
No Breaks
Ok
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PANovember 8, 2017
This was a starter job as a server and bartender. It was a nice atmosphere to work in but needed improvements. The management was nice and accommodating.
Finding balance
Server/ Bartender/ Server trainer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 2, 2017
I do enjoy my job at Houlihan's! Unfortunately, the location I am in is inconsistent. My pay fluctuates from week to week due to unsteady business. Management does not seem too involved in increasing sales.
Pros
Coworkers, my regular guests, delicious food
Cons
short breaks or no breaks, slow business
Change in ownership
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mid WestOctober 31, 2017
Big change in upper management has had interesting effects throughout the company. Company is trying to reinvent themselves. Some what confusing on who they have become.
Pros
Benefits & Gold Card
Cons
Finding new identity
Houlihans in a nut shell
Host (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, MOOctober 12, 2017
Overall my personal experience was a very good one. The management staff was very strong and customer oriented. They all had the good sense to take care of the employee also. Strong teamwork and work ethics make this a good place to work.
Pros
Good benefits, management
Cons
hours
I miss my Houlihan's family
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILOctober 10, 2017
If I could I would still be working there however they closed down the location I was at due to the building owner raising rent. It was like a second family and I am still very close with a majority of the staff. Some of them are even best friends. This was where I first got into bartending. Management promoted me from serving and I enjoyed it.
Pros
Great staff/co-workers, fun atmosphere
Cons
location closed down
Great concept with good food
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Schererville, INOctober 5, 2017
Great menu and drink menu. Seasonal menus changed quite often which was a bit challenging. This is a franchised store so not everything is run to Houlihan's specs.
Underrated.
Front House Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 2, 2017
Fun place to work. Fast paced and flexible. If you worked hard you where rewarded. Great with schedule. Opportunities for advancement. Work as many hours as you like or could pick up.
Pros
Schedule.
This is awful
Bar & Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 28, 2017
Food is mediocre, staff is uninterested in achieving anything, upper management is poor at their jobs, culture is harsh, I learned to use this place as a stepping stone to something better and never trust the boss.
Pros
discounts
Cons
everything else
Okay, I guest
Cook (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLSeptember 28, 2017
Fast pace place to work, there is no success ladder to climb. You work and get paid that's all, really they are not there for the employees. You get nothing back out the company. Once you are there, you can't go outside til your shift is over.
Pros
One free meal
Cons
No breaks, no benifits, no OT

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houlihan's Restaurants Inc. Our community is ready to answer.