Housatonic Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Clerical Worker at HCC
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 30, 2015
It is a typical day in office, I am typing papers,answering phone calls, making copies, and organizing file folders.It can be busy but very relaxing because you have your space. I dont have any coworkers.
Pros
office/space
Cons
n/a
Very good environment and a fun place to work with very friendly workers.
Work study student (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 28, 2015
I had learned many things on my past two jobs. I learned how to type fast in the computers, handled phone calls the proper way, send emails, write notes in the notebooks.
Great Management
Admissions Assistant, Work Study (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport-CTApril 3, 2015
This job taught me so many life experience. Everyone at the management was ready to help. Coworkers were great to work with.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Worked only limited time.
School is always fun!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 18, 2014
My experience at HCC was a roller coaster at best. There were both good and bad times in those halls. I can't say I would change a thing about it though.
My work experience wasn't at all bad. In fact, it was pretty easy and I would definitely tutor there again, if that was an option.
Office nurse
office nurse (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 9, 2014
Working at my current job i encounter so many wonderful patients. I'm involved in every aspect of my career. Im attentive in helping my staff and providers work efficiently. I take pt vitals,assist with ob/gyn procedures and surgeries in office/and in hospital settings. I am well versed in handling patient scheduling and billing. Im proficient in Nextgen EMR, Microsoftword, Powerpoint, and Excel. I train and mentor new hires to the best of my ability. I also process cultures in our in office laboratory.
Not a bad place to work
CT, Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 7, 2014
HCC is the pulse of Bridgeport and is an easy commute from any direction. I served in different capacities: as the ESL Coordinator/Initiator, Lead instruction for the Community Outreach Program, and instructor. Enjoyed it while I was there.
Productive and quiet environment
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 24, 2014
A typical day at work silent, yet very productive. I learned the importance of being proactive. For example: two weeks prior to an award ceremony, my boss had me hand in programs to the dean so that it can be previewed before handing them out. The dean had to make sure there was no missing information or mistakes. My boss was very sweet and trusting. My coworker was loving and easy to talk to. The hardest part of my job was trying to get 500 pamphlets folded in 3 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was delivering packages to other staff members on campus and discovering offices I had no idea existed.
Fund workplace and earn experience when studying
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 24, 2014
Learning about keep records, organize office, computer skills
this is first time to work
none (Former Employee) –  Monroe, CTJune 9, 2013
first time working

i was a student over there i never work there i was looking for a job but never got 1
Pros
vegtables
Was fun
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Bridgepot, CTMay 25, 2013
Was fun and relaxed environment, office based work.
Management is easy going, Pay is average.
able to attend classes without conflict in schedule
Full-Time Student & Associate Degree Candidate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 8, 2013
As a veterans representative I am able to give correct information about how to apply for education benefits through the government. I am able to assist soldier students and veterans with the applications and answer any questions they may have. I also assisted in the financial aid applications for those who needed it. I learned how to juggle the different situations the soldier students would come to me with. I was able to give them points of contact for the other issues they came to me with such as housing, childcare, mental health issues and overall well being issues they were encountering. my co-workers are great at assisting me in juggling the many soldiers that come to the window by deflecting some of thier questions with a quick answer in the right direction.
Productive and positive workplace
TA (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 13, 2012
Assisted professor of Kinesiology with grading labs, study sessions and daily classroom duties.
Professional environment
Assistant Secretary-Evening Division (Current Employee) –  evenJune 6, 2012
put mail in part-time lecturer's mail box
answer the phone
run errands
give information when needed
Pros
close to home
Cons
not much work to do
Great job for educators, Housatonic students, and recent graduates of Housatonic who excel in the English language..
Educational Assistant in English (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 13, 2012
Great job for educators who are seeking additional experience, and an excellent opportunity for students and recent graduates of Housatonic to gain experience in a professional working environment and in their area of interest and study. Expansive and busy writing center with qualified staff and training seminars.
Fun workplace
Personal Assistant/Faculty Support (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport CTMarch 9, 2012
Working for the Business Department at Housatonic Community College, under the supervison of the chair of that department was a great and valuable experience for me. It was a very well organized department. There was a great attitude and communication between all staff members.
Pros
flexible work-hours
Cons
n/a
Productive and great place to continue your education
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 17, 2011
I am pleased with the people I worked with; they are very hardworkers.
Pros
free potluck food for activities, being able to interact with students and staff
Cons
students come in last minute to register, board-staff meetings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Housatonic Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4