House Call Doctors Texas, Inc. is seeking a qualified Mid-Level Practitioner (NP, PA) to join our unique practice in north Austin, TX. House Call Doctor’s provides healthcare services to our patients in their homes (inclusive of assisted living, personal care homes, and independent living facilities), and primarily see geriatric and/or disabled patients. All of our physicians are board certified or board eligible in family medicine, geriatrics, internal or emergency medicine. We are the primary care physician, coordinating specialist and necessary hospital care, or we will contact the patient’s present doctor each visit.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced and independent clinician, serving the geriatric and adult population. Practitioners will be working autonomously in the patient home for history taking, physical examination, diagnosing, and treating patients with acute and chronic medical issues, as well as compressive physical exams.
- Preparing patients for examination
- Take medical histories
- Perform physical exam
- Perform procedures as necessary
- Prepare and administer injections
- Collect/prepare lab specimens, Drop off specimens
- Perform basic lab tests
- Complete prescription refills through escript, narcotics called in
- Contact imaging company – Road Runner Imaging as needed
- Place Home Health, specialist referral, and DME orders in EMR system
- Explaining treatment procedures to patients
- Instructing patients medications and special diets
- Coordinate correspondence – Advance directives, new patient information
- Participate in monthly call rotation
- Create and code provider note in CureMD inclusive of PQRI
- Update medical record in CureMD
- Prepare and code billing in CureMD
- Schedule patient follow up visit in CureMD
Additionally, we are particularly interested in someone with experience in home health settings, and bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus, but not required.
Required Education: NP, PA, MD, or DO board certified or eligible with an active, unrestricted license to practice in state of assignment, Minimum of 2 years clinical experience in their highest level of education, clinical setting preferred, Home care or home visit experience a plus
Compensation: House Call Doctors offers several different compensation packages depending on your availability and the type of arrangement that suits you best. Reimbursement can be per visit or on a salaried basis. The salaried positions include full benefits.