House Doctors Employee Reviews in United States

Great work environment and worked around my schedule.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 19, 2016
Working at House Doctors teaches me to organize, stay focus, work hard, and have determination to complete all task given. I do not have co-workers due to it being a small company, run by one owner. Therefore, I am the only employee and meet all expectations required. The hardest part of my job is caring too much, I never have a challenge too difficult and I am always able to complete my work in a timely manner because of my passion in this field of work. The most enjoyable part of this job is speaking with people. I enjoy meeting new people and accommodating their needs. Customer service is valued to me, because my customers play a role in my success. A typical day at work is fun and productive. I enjoy my job, but I am seeking something new and better for my future.
Only employee that left office for this company
Home Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colts Neck, NJOctober 31, 2015
My day consisted of getting in a truck they provided around 7-8 am go to home depot to pick up all the supplies I would need for the day then go to my estimates and jobs I had planned. The problem is that I was the only one doing installs and estimates for a seemingly large company everyone else worked in office. MY DAYS WERE BOOKED SOLID 8-6 WITH 15 MINS BETWEEN JOBS NO STOPS LUNCH OR BREAKS. I could stop if I was doing a large floor or tile job alone but that would only push my day back. When I got the job they said there were other trucks and guys working when there wasn't managers where very dis-honest. I WAS NEVER PAID FOR DRIVE TIME BETWEEN JOBS OR ESTIMATES. When I said something after getting on the books 4 weeks after being hired and 7 weeks till 1st paycheck and being able to look at my hours online via direct deposit they said they didn't know what I was talking about. I think this is a very underhanded and deceitful way to treat skilled employees who make the company $145 an hour.
Pros
meet interesting people travel
Cons
bad company no benefits will work like booked contractor but earn helpers rate
It is a grind.
Lead Technician/ Foreman (Current Employee) –  johnson city, tnApril 7, 2015
House Doctors started as a good idea but slowly it turned into a grind of overworking and under staffing. Poor execution by the management and no absolutely no benefits.
inconsistant work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 2, 2015
Unorganized. Account Managers never got any new accounts and the ones we had were no longer than 90 days to 6 month contracts
Pros
travel
Cons
working in all types of weather
Path to new traits
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Prosper, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Wake up early morning and go to a plumbing call, or go demolish a bathroom or kitchen and prep it for remodel or tile work.
Concrete work, speed bumps, or jack up a front porch to level it out and pour new concrete porch.
Pros
excellent learning experience
Cons
no benefits
Company enabled me to demonstrate my background and knowledge in remodeling and design
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 28, 2014
Typical day at work began at 8am at a local hardware store/Home Depot where I picked up material, checked status on ordered material.

This was my first experience dealing with insurance work, claims, and property damage.

The most challenging part of this position was completing jobs in a timely and orderly fashion due to backorders on materials that were unavailable to purchase over the counter.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my homeowners satisfaction with job completion
Local contracting company
Painter (Former Employee) –  Pentwater, MIJune 22, 2013
Had a great experience learning about what a contractor actually does. I may have not been on the front lines of the projects, but was able to assist and learn from my experiences.
poor management,The owners came in part time
Estimator-Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJanuary 31, 2013
I was estimator of the year and received no bonus,best part of the day was selling a job and schedul;ing the work
Pros
poor management
Cons
workers were not dedicated
Great Company opprotunity To grow they have major contracts going was a good experince to have with a good company.
carpenter (Former Employee) –  Baytown TeaxasMarch 6, 2012
Great company opprotunity to grow and get to the next level.
Pros
all

2.8