House Of Representatives Employee Reviews

Super fun work envirnoment
Page (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 28, 2017
I had the best time working at the Capitol Building in Jackson. It was an experience that I wouldn't trade for the world. It even made me consider a job in politics.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
I liked the people I worked with. However I was an intern, so answering phones and being yelled at by constituents was not that great.
Capitol Hill Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 4, 2017

It's a great experience if you want to learn more about how Congress works, and the effort (both tedious and otherwise) it takes to get a bill passed while keeping your constituents happy.
I was hired as a contractor
Professional Photographer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 4, 2017
This was a temporary position and it was highly competitive.
It was a highlight of my career and was very lucky to have had the opportunity to work there.
Leadership, Proactive, Mentor, Dedication, and Punctuality.
Community Representative (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRApril 17, 2017
Acted as a community representative and addressed issues with housing needs. Served as an advocate on behalf of constituents with disabilities. Provided solutions to mitigate constituent’s socio-economic problems
Good money with good benefits
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 17, 2017
It was a great job with outstanding benefits. Working 3rd shift was relaxing and stress free. The pay was also a plus. I only lived ten minutes from work so the travel distance was also a bonus.
This is a high energy position
House of Representative Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Des MounesMarch 13, 2017
This position is face paced and highly educational. The position requires multi tasking and knowledge of various issues our country faces. I enjoy this job. Typically everyone is very friendly and many organizations throughout the state come with goodies in hopes of meeting with Reps. It helps you gain good insight into politics while answering several emails/letters daily
Pros
No day is the same
Cons
temporary position more money would be helpful
state presevation board
State capital (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2017
job was okay . the cleaning wasn't hard it was more of having to pick up after co-workers that didn't pull there end , and ending up doing twice as much work for the same pay .
Pros
cleaning experience
Cons
not good team skills or talking skills
Ambiente de paz y armonía para laboral
Servicio al cliente (Former Employee) –  Hormigueros Municipio, PRJanuary 9, 2017
Muy buena la experiencia laboral. Aunque fue muy poco el tiempo que tuve pude sentirme en armonia con mis compañeros de trabajo. Los jefes muy trabajadores y amables.
Unsafe & hostile workplace
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJJanuary 4, 2017
There was no security for this specific federal office, anyone could come walking in the front door without being identified. I would not recommend working at this location.
Productive and rewarding place to work
Representative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 28, 2016
As a representative assistant I was able to assist state representatives. I filed bills, made copies, and ran errands. The most enjoyable part of this job was the ability to network with people. In this position I learned the importance of organization, as well as interpersonal skills.
Great workplace
Legislative Aide (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 10, 2016
Best part was the sense of making a difference in the community. Typical day involves reviewing the bills before committee and preparing analysis for hearings
unhappy environment
Director of constituent services (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 8, 2016
unhappy work environment and culture., only worked there a few months before moved to another position. high turnover, low pay
Great staff
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 13, 2016
I worked with Congressman Hice. I did research, ran errands, attended hearings, and answered phones. I was also responsible for Capitol tours.
Productive office
Team Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2016
We made a lot of videos. We also were working a lot of hours for free. I liked the experience but it was exhausting! Liked my coworkers there, but it would have been really hard to adjust to an all-work lifestyle if you didn't like your coworkers.
Organized coordination
Constituent Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 6, 2016
I coordinate with many different offices and departments and act as a liaison to multiple member offices for constituent related needs.
Pros
Customer service and department navigation experience
Cons
Politics
Summary
Tech. Solutions Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 15, 2016
Great place to work. Great environment. Everyone is very Friendly and helpful. Co-workers are great and very respectful and helpful. Management is great. Great place to work at.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good place to establish relations for the future.
Economic and Legal Adviser (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 20, 2015
A good place to grow professionally and people get to know you. Perfect place to establish relationships with important people in the government and private sector for a future business opportunity.
Laid back, minimum pay, great experience
Sergeant at Arms (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LouisianaAugust 4, 2015
Working during the legislative session was a great experience! Very laid back, yet efficient environment. The pay was not the best, but getting to experience all that I did was awesome! Would do it again in a heartbeat...
loved everything about this job
Clerk II Typist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 20, 2015
I would work for this company if the opportunity presented its self again. Working environment very clean and welcoming also the opportunity of traveling with this job was the best.
State Legislature
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Commonwealth of PennsylvaniaApril 2, 2015
Working in government at any level will never have a typical day scenario. on any given day you will be dealing with a multiple of different subjects from speed signs to legislative hearings on public education, or farm bureau land management crisis' .

The greatest aspect of working in state government is the ability to bring about real change in peoples everyday lives by furthering legislative initiatives to restore rights and freedoms or to hold criminals accountable.

The hardest part of the job is having to do what is unfavorable for a few for the benefit of the multitude.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at House Of Representatives. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3