House Of Representatives Employee Reviews in United States

Productive office
Team Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2016
We made a lot of videos. We also were working a lot of hours for free. I liked the experience but it was exhausting! Liked my coworkers there, but it would have been really hard to adjust to an all-work lifestyle if you didn't like your coworkers.
Organized coordination
Constituent Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 6, 2016
I coordinate with many different offices and departments and act as a liaison to multiple member offices for constituent related needs.
Pros
Customer service and department navigation experience
Cons
Politics
Summary
Tech. Solutions Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 15, 2016
Great place to work. Great environment. Everyone is very Friendly and helpful. Co-workers are great and very respectful and helpful. Management is great. Great place to work at.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Conservative Setting
Legislative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Very productive and a great learning experience. The atmosphere is full of optimistic, hardworking individuals. I really enjoyed this job.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
not alot of assistance when needed
Productive and enjoyable career helping individuals resolve issues with government agencies.
Congressional Caseworker /Aid (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, AROctober 11, 2013
Experience that I could never have received in any other profession. Meeting and interacting with people from all walks of life and assisting from securing government benefits to working with military personnel in resolving various issues. Making a difference in the lives of others is a reward all in it's self.
State Legislature
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Commonwealth of PennsylvaniaApril 2, 2015
Working in government at any level will never have a typical day scenario. on any given day you will be dealing with a multiple of different subjects from speed signs to legislative hearings on public education, or farm bureau land management crisis' .

The greatest aspect of working in state government is the ability to bring about real change in peoples everyday lives by furthering legislative initiatives to restore rights and freedoms or to hold criminals accountable.

The hardest part of the job is having to do what is unfavorable for a few for the benefit of the multitude.
Good place to establish relations for the future.
Economic and Legal Adviser (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 20, 2015
A good place to grow professionally and people get to know you. Perfect place to establish relationships with important people in the government and private sector for a future business opportunity.
Laid back, minimum pay, great experience
Sergeant at Arms (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LouisianaAugust 4, 2015
Working during the legislative session was a great experience! Very laid back, yet efficient environment. The pay was not the best, but getting to experience all that I did was awesome! Would do it again in a heartbeat...
loved everything about this job
Clerk II Typist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 20, 2015
I would work for this company if the opportunity presented its self again. Working environment very clean and welcoming also the opportunity of traveling with this job was the best.
We properly Implemented our Livelihood Program in the communitiesm
Livelihood Program Implementor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, P03October 3, 2014
From Monday to Saturday, i used to come to office as early 8:30am 5:00pm then check the schedules which Barangay should be given a priority for the said livelihood project and visit the Barangays open time to know their problems and needs for the program i used to coordinate with the Barangay captain as a head in the community so that i will be guided properly, I enjoyed most of my work since even in college I've been in the grassroots communities as one of training. My co-worker was very cooperative as well as my Boss. A hardest part when Typhoon destroyed some of grafted Manggo tress and we have to replenish the Manggo seedlings. as the years goes by we saw the fruit of our labor when the started harvesting their Manggo fruits.
Pros
every time we visit the barangays they normally prepared free food for us.
Cons
sometimes we work up to 12 hours if necessary.
Extremely productive workplace.
Congressional Intern (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAOctober 15, 2014
This is a fast paced environment with a steep learning curve. Correspondence with constituents is the highest priority and taken with extreme detail. This job offers education in the legislative process in it's entirety. The ability to converse with many of the federal agencies and their staff proves invaluable experience. Communication skills are imperative when working with others on the team. Knowing each and everyday that one phone call or letter can change the course of society gives self satisfaction.
Pros
opportunities to meet with municipal leaders and their staff.
House of Representatives
Chief Administrative Office (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 3, 2015
Co-Workers are good to work with on most days. I learned a lot from multiple different departments within the organization. Management is good but slow to react.
Highly Professional and highly rewarding
Legislative Intern (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 29, 2014
My job at the House of Representatives was to adhere to constituent inquiries and discuss policies with my legislator.

I not only represented myself and my office, but I represented 78,000 constiuents every time I walked into the building. Professionalism was very important.

I enjoyed working on important government policies and it really gave me perspective on how the legislative system works.

It was difficult working with legislators on the other side of the isle, but I learned how to cooperate with officials that did not share the same views as our office.
Pros
great connections, learned the intricacies of state government
Cons
high level of stress, unpaid
Hard Work
District Director (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 28, 2014
You can count on starting every day with a challenge and ending every day with a laundry list of more to do. I have learned that I know very little as compared to what I am asked to do daily. I have also learned that a dedicated, compassionate, selfless staff is a must if you are going to survive to fight another day.
Pros
serving people
Cons
serving people
informative place to work
Legislative Assistant (Former Employee) –  scranton paAugust 24, 2013
help with research and drafting of legislation, taking care of constituent issues. Learned about policy and government function. Leadership was great to work for and a great cast of co-employees.Hardest part of the job was finding constituent homes and finding resources to fix their problems. The most enjoyable part of job was genuinely helping people in need.
Pros
heping people
Cons
politics
Fun place!
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 17, 2015
Learned about government and was exposed to government proceedings. Great workplace to learn about the bill drafting process and public hearings.
Excellent Job
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 1, 2014
*My job was very interesting, because it was helping low-income people. They are seeking funds for home improvements.

*I learned to find ways that people are satisfied.

*My co-workers always helping me, and I help them to make the work. We cares about each other.

*My hardest part of the job, was to make pressure to the government agencies.

*The most enjoyable part of the job, was to see the people very happy. When we arrive the funds.
Pros
healthecare and bonus
Great working environment along with ambitious and intelligent co-workers
Internship (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CaliforniaAugust 25, 2014
•Internship for Unites States Congressmen Jeff Denham where I performed clerical duties
•Daily interaction with constituents throughout the 10th Congressional District in need of federal assistance
•Created Congressional Recognition Certificates for students and small businesses throughout the district
Politics
Messenger (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day would be to deliver newspapers and mail runs. Also, any errands that the Representatives needed complete would be passed to the messengers. All tasks needed to be completed in a timely, professional manner.
Mingling in a Fast Pace Work Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2013
Tons of people coming and going with great ideas to make the world a better place. I learned that if you ever look around and realize that you are the dumbest person in the room. Don't panic. You have found the right room to be in. I was in charge of managing the correspondence that came into the office through varies media.
Pros
free food and exposure to new ideas
Cons
unpaid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at House Of Representatives. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4