House Of Representatives

House Of Representatives United States Employee Reviews

Fun place!
Intern (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 17, 2015
Learned about government and was exposed to government proceedings. Great workplace to learn about the bill drafting process and public hearings.
House of Representatives
Chief Administrative Office (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 3, 2015
Co-Workers are good to work with on most days. I learned a lot from multiple different departments within the organization. Management is good but slow to react.
Conservative Setting
Legislative Assistant (Former Employee), Lansing, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: not alot of assistance when needed
Very productive and a great learning experience. The atmosphere is full of optimistic, hardworking individuals. I really enjoyed this job.
Politics
Messenger (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day would be to deliver newspapers and mail runs. Also, any errands that the Representatives needed complete would be passed to the messengers. All tasks needed to be completed in a timely, professional manner.
Very great place to work
Carpet Installer/Cleaner (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2015
This was a temporary job but the time that was spent working there was very fun. It was always help around when needed and someone you can talk to.
Hard Work
District Director (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 28, 2014
Pros: serving people
Cons: serving people
You can count on starting every day with a challenge and ending every day with a laundry list of more to do. I have learned that I know very little as compared to what I am asked to do daily. I have also learned that a dedicated, compassionate, selfless staff is a must if you are going to survive to fight another day.
Great learning experience
Intern/Page (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALOctober 16, 2014
Great place to work as a teenager. It introduces you into a professional environment and gives you a chance to meet political figures.
Extremely productive workplace.
Congressional Intern (Current Employee), El Cajon, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: opportunities to meet with municipal leaders and their staff.
This is a fast paced environment with a steep learning curve. Correspondence with constituents is the highest priority and taken with extreme detail. This job offers education in the legislative process in it's entirety. The ability to converse with many of the federal agencies and their staff proves invaluable experience. Communication skills are imperative when working with others on the team. Knowing each and everyday that one phone call or letter can change the course of society gives self satisfaction.
We properly Implemented our Livelihood Program in the communitiesm
Livelihood Program Implementor (Former Employee), San Jose, P03October 3, 2014
Pros: every time we visit the barangays they normally prepared free food for us.
Cons: sometimes we work up to 12 hours if necessary.
From Monday to Saturday, i used to come to office as early 8:30am 5:00pm then check the schedules which Barangay should be given a priority for the said livelihood project and visit the Barangays open time to know their problems and needs for the program i used to coordinate with the Barangay captain as a head in the community so that i will be guided properly, I enjoyed most of my work since even in college I've been in the grassroots communities as one of training. My co-worker was very cooperative as well as my Boss. A hardest part when Typhoon destroyed some of grafted Manggo tress and we have to replenish the Manggo seedlings. as the years goes by we saw the fruit of our labor when the started harvesting their Manggo fruits.
Great working environment along with ambitious and intelligent co-workers
Internship (Former Employee), Modesto, CaliforniaAugust 25, 2014
•Internship for Unites States Congressmen Jeff Denham where I performed clerical duties
•Daily interaction with constituents throughout the 10th Congressional District in need of federal assistance
•Created Congressional Recognition Certificates for students and small businesses throughout the district
Excellent Job
Field Inspector (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJuly 1, 2014
Pros: healthecare and bonus
*My job was very interesting, because it was helping low-income people. They are seeking funds for home improvements.

*I learned to find ways that people are satisfied.

*My co-workers always helping me, and I help them to make the work. We cares about each other.

*My hardest part of the job, was to make pressure to the government agencies.

*The most enjoyable part of the job, was to see the people very happy. When we arrive the funds.
Highly Professional and highly rewarding
Legislative Intern (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMay 29, 2014
Pros: great connections, learned the intricacies of state government
Cons: high level of stress, unpaid
My job at the House of Representatives was to adhere to constituent inquiries and discuss policies with my legislator.

I not only represented myself and my office, but I represented 78,000 constiuents every time I walked into the building. Professionalism was very important.

I enjoyed working on important government policies and it really gave me perspective on how the legislative system works.

It was difficult working with legislators on the other side of the isle, but I learned how to cooperate with officials that did not share the same views as our office.
Top workplace. Very important work for the country.
Executive Director (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMay 15, 2014
Pros: a workplace like the university. growing and reaching goals.
A great job experience. No way to waste time. Every moment dealing with incredible challenge. All the time with all your senses in coordination. I love this.
Professional
SGT at Arms (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: benifets
Cons: drama
Working in politics and around politicians has given me great insight to the work force.
Productive and enjoyable career helping individuals resolve issues with government agencies.
Congressional Caseworker /Aid (Former Employee), Jonesboro, AROctober 11, 2013
Experience that I could never have received in any other profession. Meeting and interacting with people from all walks of life and assisting from securing government benefits to working with military personnel in resolving various issues. Making a difference in the lives of others is a reward all in it's self.
Great experience in government.
OPS Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Tallahassee FLOctober 8, 2013
Pros: learning experience in politics.
Great experience and an learning experience in governemnt (how bills are passed, the inner workings of government) and participation in committee meetings and sessions.
informative place to work
Legislative Assistant (Former Employee), scranton paAugust 24, 2013
Pros: heping people
Cons: politics
help with research and drafting of legislation, taking care of constituent issues. Learned about policy and government function. Leadership was great to work for and a great cast of co-employees.Hardest part of the job was finding constituent homes and finding resources to fix their problems. The most enjoyable part of job was genuinely helping people in need.
Mingling in a Fast Pace Work Environment
Intern (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 1, 2013
Pros: free food and exposure to new ideas
Cons: unpaid
Tons of people coming and going with great ideas to make the world a better place. I learned that if you ever look around and realize that you are the dumbest person in the room. Don't panic. You have found the right room to be in. I was in charge of managing the correspondence that came into the office through varies media.
Loved working with the community
District Office Supervisor /Outreach Director (Former Employee), Waynesburg, PAJuly 20, 2013
I loved my job. I like working with the public and my typical workday would be helping constituents, attending community events and meetings.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Usher, Sergeant at Arms Office (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJuly 3, 2013
Work and serve to all the Representatives . Very fine and seriously work .