House of Ruth Maryland Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome place to work
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 8, 2015
This job was phenomenal! If the pay were better, this would be a lifelong career position. There was an overall collaborative process in most agency decisions, and the staff was highly respected and appreciated. Although the pay was much to be desired, vacation pay is awesome.
They Don't Pay Well...RUN RUN RUN
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 8, 2015
This organization does NOT pay well. If you have a degree, you are over qualified. It will pay below market pay rate. They will work you until you BURN-OUT...This organization is RUN by women, at times they appear not to LIKE men. The organization should be more diverse in the population they serve. The management does not communicate well with other staff. If I was you, FIND another place 2 work.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Money, Advancement, Management
Making an Impact
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Upper MarlboroOctober 24, 2014
The House of Ruth Maryland is a rewarding place to work because it saves lives and makes a lasting impact on everyone involved in the process. The clients never leave the same and neither do the employees, especially the legal interns. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a client walk out of court knowing that her abuser can no longer assault her. The hardest part of the job is realizing that not everyone can be helped. This is usually because of the limited time and resources available to the organization. If you read this, please donate to the House of Ruth Maryland
Lacking
Resident Advocate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 13, 2014
This organization has very little structure in the way of job duties. A lot of training is provided and I have been ale to learn a lot about intimate partner violence and the power anc control wheel. However they have not given employees a raise in over 4 years, the base pay has me taking home less than 20,000 a year with a BSW that over qualifies me for this position. When formally asked for a raise the supervisor guffawed and proclaimed that we don't do anything worthy of a raise.
I have been on a 2 person shift by myself for 2 months
nothing about the job is hard, it's just not very rewarding, I don't feel like I've accomplished anything at the end of my work day.
One supervisor is extremely rude, she made a very rude and disrespectful comment one girl's weight, she has made several employees and clients cry and the director of the program responded with "I'm working on her boundaries".
The service that HRM provides is without a doubt upstanding and noble however the delivery and the way that they treat their staff Is lacking and leaves a lot to be desired.
Pros
free dinner sometimes, easy going with time off
Cons
see above
House of Ruth
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 11, 2012
I learned how to effectively treated survivors of domestic violence