Housing Authority City of Los Angeles Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Enjoyable Part of the Job
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 20, 2014
Working at the Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles has been an experience unlike any other job. While it may sound cliche, working there has allowed me to see another side of I.T.. I have learned a vast amount that has proved to help me in my own venture to build server and create a personal enterprise network in my own home. Some thing worthwhile calling my own. The amount of support from co-workers in this environment has helped me grow and enjoy the process of learning.
Front Desk / Office Clerk
Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2013
I would Daily open the community center and assist any walk in residents with faxes, copies and general information regarding Resident Services. I would also input Procurements pay packages into Oracle to request payments to clients in various housing development sites.
I would also assist the Assistant Director with anything she needed ( filing, proof reading, checking statements and verify completion of procurement packages, prepare pay packages for approval signatures )
Pros
great co workers and residents
Cons
no health care coverage
Productive and a great place to work and gain experience for future jobs.
Clerk's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 27, 2012
A typical day at work would involve answering phone calls, printing flyers, filing confidential and non-confidential documents, assisting clients when needed, and organizing documents. I learned how to speak to people properly on the phone and in person. I also learned to print large amounts of documents and organization. The management was great, they are well organized and know how to co-work with others. I believe there was not a hard part to this job. I enjoyed the work and accustomed to it well. The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers respected me and also told a few jokes here and there making the work environment lighter and stress free.
Productive day, filled with outside work in the nice and warm sun rays.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2015
A typical day at work would have to be a day where we clean around the community or inside units that were getting prepared to be rented out. I learned many things hear, such as an improvement in my social skills and I also managed to improve my skills as a leader and a team player. The Management was excellent, they would check up on us from time to time and when we would work outside in the hot sun, we would always have access to a nice cup of cold water. The hardest part of the job would probably have been between cleaning trash stations and cleaning "empty" units that were recently emptied out and now needed cleaning in order to be put up for rent, which would most likely have rotting food, dirty clothes, trash, and pests due to the previous owners lack of hygiene and the time that it was emptied for. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with great individuals who would always provide a good conversation on the job, sometimes it would feel like time would fly, only to find out that we had finished our assignments on/or before time.
Pros
Water, 1 lunch break, 1 regular break. We would also have access to AC, chairs, and TV (ONLY during our breaks)
Cons
I would sometimes get picked by thorns from the dried up roses we would have to pick up, not a lot of cons for this one.
Productive Job and Great Learning Experiences
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 8, 2012
I worked on a special task force for the company. It was very fast paced and highly selective. Great place to work.
Pros
staff development, time off
Cons
short breaks
It is a good place to work in.
Language Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting non-English speakers living in public housing tear down the barriers to effective communication.
busy!
Administrative Assistant Intern I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2013
the benefit of working with HACLA is you gain a lot of experience in all types of jobs especially case management and working with at risk youth and adults
Excellent company
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 13, 2013
I gain and learn different work experience from administration support to case management and customer service skills.

4.6