Housing Management Resources Employee Reviews

Hmr
Maintenance Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCDecember 2, 2016
HMR seems like a great opportunity with benefits, but in reality it's not , they say your allowed overtime but that's a lie I've worked over 84 hours, and when it was time for me to get paid my hours where gone multiple times, If your going to work here make sure you check your time sheet at all times.

Maintaence wise your boss it amazing no issues , just make sure you go in the office to check to see when the turns are because if not you might be the blame for the turn being late

All around not the best property to be at , massive amounts of trash everyday and the turns that you do are definitely disgusting , they take more time then normal but management doesn't care.
Pros
16.00 an hour
Cons
Taking time off time card, being blamed for late turns
January 17, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We certainly understand that the work we do is demanding and requires a lot of commitment and dedication. However, we are encouraged by the positive results we see at our communities as we strive to improve the lives of our residents and provide them with high quality affordable housing. We thank you for being a part of HMR and ask you to please contact Human Resources at 617-471-0300 if you believe you were not compensated fully.

Worst Property Manager
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAAugust 7, 2016
The property manager at this location is not great. It is always her way or the highway even after training and trying to do things the way HRM wants them done. The Human Resource department is also not very useful when asked questions about the position. You are hired to be a supervisor but ultimately you have no say in anything.
September 20, 2016

I am sorry that the position did not match your expectations. We are always upfront about the position, our compensation, benefits and goals. We are also open to learning how we can improve our communication and appreciate your feedback.

Want to feel like a number....APPLY HERE!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 6, 2016
As a former member of Mgmnt I can tell you first hand that Home City was a much better run and more employee friendly company prior to HMR arriving.

The Executive Director @ Home City has no say in anything going forward as he sold Home City and every employee out to HMR.

For those who don't know, Home City has a Board of Directors which the Exect Director reports to....want to be the Exect Director hasn't shared with the Board of Directors that in less then a year over half of the staff is gone....mostly in management roles!

Don't trust anyone there! HMR is out for itself and now so is the Home City Exect Director.
Pros
Cons
Only if you apply there!
June 21, 2016

Thank you for your honest feedback. We understand that changes can be difficult. We are excited, however, about the opportunity to work with a dedicated team to strengthen our local community and provide high quality housing to our residents. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more details or make a suggestion how specifically we could have improved your experience during the transition, please reach out at (617) 471-0300.

No job security
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 25, 2016
Poor pay, poor training to new employees, lots of hours with short unpaid lunches, dishonest in interviewing process in comparison to actual job expectations.
Pros
They sell you a dream job
Cons
It's nothing like how they make it seem.
June 21, 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback. While we strive to offer the most competitive salary and benefits to our employees, we regret that the compensation did not meet your expectations. If you would like to discuss your training schedule or make suggestions for additional topics that we can include in your customized training program, please reach out to us at (617) 471-0300 or speak with your supervisor directly. The quality of the introductory training is very important to us and we want it to be worthwhile to you as well. We are happy to tweak what is needed to make it work for you!

lies, intimidition and harassment
manager (Former Employee) –  new yorkAugust 28, 2015
stay away from this company ethics and morals are horrible they with make up horrible lies and have a clicky group of friends verify those lies to cops who in turn threaten you ruthless scum
Too much training, lack of support
Management (Former Employee) –  BostonJanuary 11, 2015
Overload of training, lack of help and support, weekly mandatory high pressured web calls from marketing, leasing, collections, turnovers, and compliance even when your at 100%. Constantly pulls staff from buildings (whomever screams the loudest for help) leaving buildings with no maintenance staff on-site to service their residents and communities, which is what the residents are paying for.

Over partying environment-wasteful spending, extremely political and nepotism is freely displayed.

HMR strives to be in compliance in order to receive their subsidies all the while lacks safety and concern to their residents and especially to their employees. Definitely plays favorites, regardless of your due diligence, work ethic and job performance.
Pros
None really
Cons
Career ending, career damaging, can no longer perform PM duties
good people to work with
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  augusta maineDecember 1, 2014
good company and benifets also good training classes company has taught me alot about housing mamagement
Don't expect any help!
Management (Former Employee) –  Boston MAOctober 21, 2013
Worked here in the past and left due to poor management. No one helps you when you ask and then blame you when things are done. Very high turnover in employees. Would not reccomend workinghere.
Cons
Cannot make decions and get no help or response from upper management.
May 4, 2017

We appreciate your feedback and will continue to learn and improve from it. We believe our continued success starts and ends with the passion and dedication each person brings to the team. At HMR everyone's opinion counts and everyone's work is equally as important. Together, we are committed to providing high-quality, community-focused, affordable housing.

Excellent place to work but no advancement
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  MASeptember 26, 2013
Taking care of residents needs.
All aspects of Housing Management
Doing every day needs such as, rents, recertification's, Move-In/Move Outs, adjusting accounts, invoices, work orders, applications, working with vendors, monthly variance notes, budgets, capital improvement items, running reports.
Excellent workers that take pride in their job.
Making sure that everyone is satisfied to my ability.
Working with my everyone I work with and for,residents, applicants, vendors and being able to travel to other sites to help out.
Pros
Very family oriented
Cons
No room for advancement
Great company to work for, very professional work place
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  N Syracuse, NYMay 8, 2013
Never a boring moment at the work site. There is always something new that was learned. Upper management was always available for help, it was not an issue when helped was needed. I had a great Regional Manager and a very experienced Director of Property Management, a source of knowledge.
Pros
1/2 day on the Friday before the holiday, corp. company but still is very understanding.
Cons
Pay could be more for all the work that is requested.
HMR Is a great company
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAAugust 16, 2012
I love working with HMR, the coporate staff is wonderful to work with and they are very helpful in reaching day to day goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Housing Management Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5