Houston Community College

Houston Community College United States Employee Reviews

Excellent
Financial Aid Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2015
• Assisted students in obtaining federal financial grants and provided financial advice to students on how to manage their grants
It was an okay job
Sales Representative/Bookseller (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2015
I was an okay place to work nothing special. I think that they need to pay their employees more than they do because its too much work for the pay.
Veteran Certifying Official
Veteran Certifying Official (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2015
• Perform technical duties to assure eligible students can receive veteran benefits
• Serve as a technical resource concerning veteran programs and services
• Review, Verify and Process related forms and applications
• Train work study staff with intake and processing Veteran documents
• Certify Military Benefits on VA once
It's great place to work at
Student Account Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2015
If you are working for a college and don't have a degree be ready for a second job, because their salary is base off budgets. If the budget is low the hours are low, and there are no room for advancement.
Productive, opportunities for growth on the job
Biology Faculty (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 29, 2015
Pros: working and well maintained equipment, allowed to choose my working hours
Cons: Each lecture is 3 hours long
Houston Community College is an institution that provided the opportunities for career advancement. The classroom size is 24 - 28 and well equiped with modern AV equipment. My working days were stress free. I worked with a very nice supervisor and co-workers. My co-workers and i were very helpful to one another. I was provided with all the materials that i needed to work successfully. i had very courteous, respectful and well behaved students.
amazing
Office of Student Financial Aid (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 25, 2015
Assist faculty and staff with inquiries to the Provost
Assist students with completing financial aid documents
Conduct work-study orientations for new and incoming students
Direct students to the correct departments for additional assistance
File and fax financial aid documents
Administrative Assistant
Staff Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great Work/ Life Balance
Cons: Since I am majoring in healthcare degree, I need to be in a healthcare setting.
My typical day at work would be dealing with people, helping them find solutions involving tutoring or scheduling maintenance for my manager. While working here I have learned a lot of information about Microsoft programs, Adobe, uploading maintenance programs for computers in the lab, and facilitated with tutoring. I have a great management team here at Houston Community College and wouldn't change anything about it.
Great place to reach all learning styles
Adjunct Professor- Adult Education Department (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 22, 2015
Pros: growth of students
Cons: no child left behind
My day consists of helping my students reach a certain goal on a daily continuous basis. I have learned that to be a productive educator you have to be a creative teacher and constantly apply approaches that will enhance the learning environments in which you instruct in. I work with similar minded people who strive to help our students reach their highest levels of learning. The most enjoyable part of being an educator is to see the growth and improvements that my students achieve and see the potential that they have come alive in the classroom.
Productive, problem resolutions, great customer service, team building
Secretary II - (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 5, 2015
The idaal work day for me consist of completing all tasks for the day. Making sure that all problems have been resolved. No matter what the atmosphere offer on a given day make sure that great customer service is the end result.
Great company to work with leisure to attend school
Teacher Assistant Part-Time (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: a very laid back place to work
Cons: the pay is not that great
A typical day at work is very, very busy
What Ive learned is that you have have to be a fast learner to do the job that I was doing.
Managemet was great.
The co-Workers were great to work with
the hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the difficult suudents.
the most enjoyable part of the job was the flex days.
no. just no.
tutor (Former Employee), houston,txMarch 2, 2015
wouldn't recommend working here. management isn't friendly and very rude. He doesn't care if you have classes. if you are not on his good side you will not get a renewal of contract
a great place to work and learn
library asst (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: long days
i have work for HCC for two years now and by far it is the best job i have had i hate to give it up but it is time for me to move on the people i work with were pleasant and team orientated and i was able to fit right in with my skills set to add to the team
Work-study
Receptionist (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2015
This was a work study job, while i was in college. This was a great opportunity, to earn a little cash with in school, they willing to work around your school classes.
Excellent place to work for students
Continuing Education Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: competitive pay, great work environment.
Cons: hard to get a job with them.
Houston Community College is one of the biggest community colleges in the nation and it is a great place to work. Part-time jobs at HCC are flexible and allow students to arrange their work schedule in order to take classes .
The work environment at HCC is very pleasant, the staff is very courteous and respectful and there is opportunity to meet a wide variety of people.
Good Office worker
Advangage Sales And Marketing (Former Employee), Califonia, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: no
Cons: 30mins
6/2010 - Present – Advantage Sales and Marketing – Event Specialist
Duties include: Training new employees with emphasis on quality and customers
service. Prepare food and other products for sampling. Merchandise products on cart display.
Communicate with customers by teaching and answering questions about the products.
Data Entry – Entering feedback from customers about the sampled product for research analysis.
Very unorganized and unbalanced
(Contract), Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2015
This place was very dysfunctional, working there as a contract employee, I could immediately see why people prior had walked out, there was no leadership.

Besides the company changes names 3 times within the last 8 years.
Nice place to work
Jr. IT Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good work enviorment
Cons: lots of traffic
Heavy workload, easy going culture, and management.
• Maintained PeopleSoft and Learning Wed account to state standards for 25 instructors.
• Repaired crashed Biology department issued field lap tops.
• Remodeled online navigation to student center for central college system.
• Programmed and tested new online student center for central website and Learning Web.
productive; not given to precrib diversions.
Professor of English/ ESL Instructor. (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: no meal is privided
Cons: self convenience and providing is the norm.
Emphasis is on accomplishment of tasks on one's schedule. one is free to leave at the time of accomplishment of work schedule, irrespective of time of day or night. Owing to disparity of times and schedules, there is not much time for working together or relationships. The principal of individualism works well at this institution. Nevertheless, accomplishment of one's tasks is a priority.
I only attended school here and was not employed
Criminal Justice (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 17, 2014
I was only a student at HCC and was not an employee. I think there is a glitch in this system because it will not allow me to continue my application without rating HCC.
Awesome
Lab Assistant, Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 10, 2014
A great place to work. They focus on your studies. The work schedule is very flexible.

1 2 3 4 5

About Houston Community College

The Houston Community College System (HCC) has an open admission policy and offers associate degrees, ongoing education, workforce – Read more

Houston Community College Salaries