Houston Community College

Houston Community College Employer Reviews

Work Study
Financial Aid Assistance (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 3, 2014
I enjoy doing work-study here at Houston Community College due to they work around my class schedule as well as I learn a lot of different and new programs that we offer here in continuing education.
The most enjoyable part of my job is setting appointments with students to get the help that they need.
Ok place to work
Financial aid (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 30, 2014
Great holidays, pay is average, hard to move up. Management styles need work. Focus on areas that need help.
what you see is what you get
Law Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
It a stepping stone, you review and edit contracts and preform research
Seeking employment
Lab Assistant I (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 15, 2014
Pros: pay rates
Cons: can't get on no matter how hard you work.
I been working there for 2 years and never once have i been considered to get on for a job. Its who you know there not what you know or how hard you work.
Counselor (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2014
a multicultural college with various locations across the city
Imaging Review
Imaging Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Scanning students application documents into document imaging system, ImageNow.
Productive fun work environment where I can utilize my skills
Lead Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 13, 2014
Management was outstanding. Very organized and fair to employees and team.
people are nice and kind
Campus Service technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 5, 2014
the supervision are really flexible with you as long as you do what you have to do all the time while your at work.everyone is a team player
productive Fun day at work everyday
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 24, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Hcc the staff was amazing to work with I didnt have a boring day at all I really miss working for the company working with the student on campus tours, going out in the feild to recruit students was a awesome experience and working
Great multicultural environment
ESL Teacher (Adjunct) (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no benefits for adjuncts
A great place to work! The students and colleagues respect you.
Great to work
Full-time 5 yrs, Part-time 16 years (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 12, 2014
Pros: great job security.
Cons: needs improvement on giving employees raises more often.
I have had a wonderful time working for HCCS. I work security and teach Adult ESL classes. No real complaints, except HCCS is not very good at giving people decent raises or one at all. We have a new Chancellor, so maybe things will change for the better!
Wonderful Job
Phlebotomy Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 8, 2014
This employer is a bit difficult to get along with. I was required to invest in a retirement fund, so they take an extra 8% from my check every two weeks. I would like to be paid by direct deposit, but instead I was given a prepaid Bank of America card. That being said, I love my job. Working with students is an enjoyable part of my week.
Educational / Learning
Advisor/Job Developer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 14, 2014
Pros: continue education
Cons: able to work with the public
Start with a morning meeting, I learned that job search for some people have to taught. My co-workers were very stressed. The hardest part of my job was keeping track of clients, and the most enjoyable part of the job was when a client would find a job.
Productive and rewarding
Program/Grant Director (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 12, 2014
Being employed at Houston Community College has been a rewarding experience. Being a part of the program that allows student with disabilities to gain certificates for employments has afforded me the opporutnity to be advocate for a dynamic population. A typical workday would include budgeting, creating timelines, strategic plans and gathering information – more... for the Department of Education to ensure goals are met consistently. Having the opportunity to advocate for students, the most part of my job would be witnessing someone judge a student by their disability. – less
Full-time student
n/a (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 5, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Studying for test and for projects. While in pursuit of my education I've learned to management my day by spending the majority of my free time in the college computer lab and/or library. My studies were quite exstensive. Note, that I've never worked at the university during my tenure.
Best community college in Texas
Teacher, Registrar, and Training Instructor (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2014
HCC is a huge institution. As such, it has a million things going on at once, but the administration did a good job of keeping a high standard. Loved working here.
Educating young adults
Clinical Coordinator/Instructor (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 23, 2014
Pros: sharing my experience with young adults starting their careers
Cons: a large amount of paperwork
I deal with Students in the clinical setting. By using my experience as a paramedic and my knowledge as a nurse, I am able to help students get through the EMS Program. I evaluate all their field work and offer corrective criticism on how to become a efficient paramedic once they complete the program
Ability to work professionally and calmly in a fast paced enviro nment while managing multiple tasks • Over three years of law enforcement experience
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 22, 2014
The job name says it all – office clerks usually work in corporate settings. That typically means wearing business attire (read: uncomfortable clothes) every day. On the other hand, offices are coddling environments with cushy chairs and air conditioning, and the hours are usually set and consistent: Most office clerks work between 8 or 9 a.m. and 5 – more... or 6 p.m., and clock in for no more than 40 hours a week. The stress level you’ll face and the potential for overtime work largely depends on the industry in which you’re working. For instance, an office clerk who works in a college academic advising office could be particularly busy and stressed when semesters change and experience a lull during midterm season. Consider the fluctuations of the industry where you might look for clerical office work to best determine what your day-to-day routine might be. – less
Efficiant work environment
Career Planning & Resources Department Internship (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2014
Working at Houston Community College was a pleasure. On a daily basis I was advising students about how to behave at a work environment and I helped them to find jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was the job fairs that I had to go.
fun working with students
Math and Science tutor, level 3 (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 8, 2014
Pros: teach and review by the same time
Cons: some students are......
teach students and learn from them as well
the hardest part... teach students who don't want to study

1 2 3 4 5

About Houston Community College

The Houston Community College System (HCC) has an open admission policy and offers associate degrees, ongoing education, workforce – Read more