Houston Community College

Houston Community College Employer Reviews

Great students - Extensive and Varied Job Responsibilities
English (ESL) Instructor (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: great students; opportunities to attend conferences
Cons: lack of opportunity for advancement
Many additional job responsibilities in addition to teaching, such as curriculum committees, curriculum development, mentoring, supervision of adjuncts, scheduling, etc.
Corporate Trainer-Development (Adjunct) (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2014
Good benefits,
flexible hours
Great coworkers
Good pay
Most enjoyable part of job is the flexible hours
Great Work Enviorment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2014
Great work environment
interacted with many different people
Co-workers were very professional
I Loved the challenge of the job
SAP Lead Instructor Houston Community College (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 29, 2013
Productive and very good job culture. Work and life are balance and very important job security.
Fun workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 26, 2013
Get to help students and help teachers. Work with computers and filing. Very flexible with hours and attire.
HCC
Office assistant/CSR (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 17, 2013
Very fun job to work at. Strong background work environment was safe and well kept. Students are increditable and well mannered. Worked hard to get where I wanted and is a easy move up once in
working in education environment make my feeling fresh.
Computer Lab Assistant (Work-Study) (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 17, 2013
Due to working in education area I must to improve my skills everyday.
Keep student's record up to date
Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 1, 2013
Maintain student's record with up to date information. Unable registration process for students.
SAP FICO and ABAP Programmer
Programmer in SAP ABAP and FICO (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 18, 2013
I assist in teaching FICO and ABAP. I create tables in SAP ABAP for the financial information.
Productive and a fun work place
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 12, 2013
Pros: free parking
Working with students and helping them with research papers.
Very productive enviroment to work at. Enjoy helping others out!
Library Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 11, 2013
Pros: relaxed enviroment
Cons: short lunches, short hours
Typical day at work consist of helping students, public and staff with all aspects of the library. Utilize the software and materials need to have a easy flowing day. Customer service is always a must around here.
Workable Place
Student Record Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 24, 2013
Workable Place,flexible and good environmental. There is no hardest job with the proper skills and trainning. Management has an open door availability.
A wonderful learning institution
Finance Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 21, 2013
Houston Community College provided me with the solid foundation I needed to advance in my academic and professional career.
Supportive and motivating atmosphere to become a educator
Cosmetology Student Instructor (student) (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 2, 2013
Pros: building strong relationships with fellow classmates.
Cons: na
As a student at Houston Community College the cosmetology program prepared me for the reality of working with adult learners which was a great advantage. I am knowledgeable of the importance of helping my students achieve success with preparation, time management,team work and patience.I enjoyed creating activities to maintain the interest of adult learners and working to present high performance work. Also I have excellent ability to work within the team with my loyal team-player attitude.
ok
IT (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2013
typical day at work, what you learned, management
, your co-workers, the hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job
Fun workplace enjoy working with different departments and the students
Office Assistant/Registration Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: vacation/holidays
Cons: no conns
I enjoyed working with the College it is a great place to be employed. I have learned so much with the Adult Education Department, I've worked for the department for the past 3 years. It has been a great experience. I work with students everyday provide information to enrolling the and getting them registered and set up to be tested and enrolled in college courses. I also distribute textbooks to the student help them with there class schedule as well..
Emjoyable
Job Placement Assistant (Work/Study) (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: free lunch from my boss
Cons: no benefits
Everyday I work, I am greeted by my boss and handed an assignment for the day which can be organizing a job list for students at the college. I learned how to use Microsoft excel which sometimes can be confusing but my co-workers are more than willing to help me. Students come in to ask how to set up resumes and it feels good for them to leave satisfied.
Like to have a little fun at work but when it's time to do job no excuses for me
Teacher Aide (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 30, 2013
I love to work and help others as well as learning new tasks. I like to work with people as well as communicate with clients. At a day at work I like to ask questions about things I am not familiar with and to do things even if I am not doing anything I like to keep my self busy.
Enjoyable
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 22, 2013
Pros: interacting with students
Cons: not being able to motivate a student to work for themselves.
I was an adjunct professor, teaching two or three courses each semester in education. I taught early classes, starting at 8:00-9:30 am. or late classes from 7:30 – 9:00 pm. The class size varied from as few as seven to as large as twenty seven. The course I taught ranged from: Freshman Organization Classes to second year Teacher Education classes in Early Childhood.
What I learned and what the hardest part of the job was, was realizing that not everyone should go to college. Maybe it was because they attended a community college but many of my students did not understand college is like a job – hard work! Several of my students needed more time to complete tasks or internalize material then college or the work force will allow. It was sad, but many of my students were complacent about assignment and/or assessments. Saying the work was too difficult or they didn’t have time to do them.
The most enjoyable part of my job was watching my student’s develop: logical thinking skills become self motivated, and success in college. Several of my students signed up to take another course from me.
Create a work environment whereby Professor's can develop professionally and personally.
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 28, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: healthcare and no job secirity
I facilitate student's learning. I have learned how to meet students on their level. The College creates an environment where professor's can develop professionally and personally. The most enjoyable part of the job is when students comprehend the lesson and the least enjoyable are those students who are not interested in learning.

About Houston Community College

The Houston Community College System (HCC) has an open admission policy and offers associate degrees, ongoing education, workforce – Read more

Houston Community College Salaries