Houston Community College Employee Reviews

a great place to work and learn
library asst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2015
i have work for HCC for two years now and by far it is the best job i have had i hate to give it up but it is time for me to move on the people i work with were pleasant and team orientated and i was able to fit right in with my skills set to add to the team
Pros
great hours
Cons
long days
Good Office worker
Advangage Sales And Marketing (Former Employee) –  Califonia, CAFebruary 3, 2015
6/2010 - Present – Advantage Sales and Marketing – Event Specialist
Duties include: Training new employees with emphasis on quality and customers
service. Prepare food and other products for sampling. Merchandise products on cart display.
Communicate with customers by teaching and answering questions about the products.
Data Entry – Entering feedback from customers about the sampled product for research analysis.
Pros
Cons
30mins
Nice place to work
Jr. IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Heavy workload, easy going culture, and management.
• Maintained PeopleSoft and Learning Wed account to state standards for 25 instructors.
• Repaired crashed Biology department issued field lap tops.
• Remodeled online navigation to student center for central college system.
• Programmed and tested new online student center for central website and Learning Web.
Pros
good work enviorment
Cons
lots of traffic
Like to have a little fun at work but when it's time to do job no excuses for me
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2013
I love to work and help others as well as learning new tasks. I like to work with people as well as communicate with clients. At a day at work I like to ask questions about things I am not familiar with and to do things even if I am not doing anything I like to keep my self busy.
Work Study
Financial Aid Assistance (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2014
I enjoy doing work-study here at Houston Community College due to they work around my class schedule as well as I learn a lot of different and new programs that we offer here in continuing education.
The most enjoyable part of my job is setting appointments with students to get the help that they need.
Horrid nursing dept!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  TMCAugust 17, 2012
Worst job ever. Hardly anyone gets along - backbiting, bullying, undermining to the max! Worthless administration that adds to low morale and keeps the contention stirred up. Stay far away unless you like this kind of atmosphere. Most faculty could care less about the students.
Pros
except the students
Cons
too numerous to list
very productive
Rn/Nursing (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2015
I do not work with HCC. I attend classes, I am a sports medicine major and I have a 2 year CNA certification. My average day at the moment would be attending my online classes with Houston Community College and being home . So I am looking to fulfill a Full-Time position at least $10/hour .
Part Time employees ideal work environment
Part-time Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2015
The majority of my assignments were delivered at corporate client locations in the Houston Metro Area. I presented soft skill workshops to employees at different companies. The workshops were basically given to employees who were moving into leadership or already in leadership position.
Pros
Uesd my best skills
Cons
Not enough work for all the Trainers
I'm A lab Tech II and Teaching general Chemistry I
Chemical Lab Tech and Chemistry Instruct (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2011
Houston Community College is good place to work it's very high level dealling with students and with educations all the times but????? they don't have any benefits! so that's way I'm trying to get other job with benefites
Pros
n/a
Cons
Great place! Very Tech advanced!
Adjunct Professor - English (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2015
Great place to work! I've been here for more than 3 years and it has been a great place to work! I've been through three administrators and now we are going through a restructuring. However, they have kept us all informed and have included us in the process all the way!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
First come first serve
Educational / Learning
Advisor/Job Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2014
Start with a morning meeting, I learned that job search for some people have to taught. My co-workers were very stressed. The hardest part of my job was keeping track of clients, and the most enjoyable part of the job was when a client would find a job.
Pros
continue education
Cons
able to work with the public
A great place of learning, employment wise as well as educational wise
Recruiter/CE Record Specialist/Client Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2015
Houston Community College has been a great place of learning, employment wise as well as educational wise. I have met many great people and learned different types of management styles. My co-workers have been great for the most part I can say. It has been and enjoyable learning experience.
Underpays Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Katy NorthwestJuly 1, 2012
Adjunct salaries are considerably lower than what other community colleges offer. Thus, this creates a problem attracting and retaining quality staff. Chairs and management do the best they can with the limited tools they are given.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
no benefits, low pay, limited opportunities for advancement
Wonderful Environment Needs Work in Employee Relations
Dual Credit Part-Time Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2015
The dual program is an excellent program for high school students to get ahead and begin their college experience. The college itself is not organized as far as their managers when it comes to department communication and budgeting issues.
Pros
Flexiability
Cons
Employee Communication
Full-time student
n/a (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2014
Studying for test and for projects. While in pursuit of my education I've learned to management my day by spending the majority of my free time in the college computer lab and/or library. My studies were quite exstensive. Note, that I've never worked at the university during my tenure.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very productive enviroment to work at. Enjoy helping others out!
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2013
Typical day at work consist of helping students, public and staff with all aspects of the library. Utilize the software and materials need to have a easy flowing day. Customer service is always a must around here.
Pros
relaxed enviroment
Cons
short lunches, short hours
Productive and nice place to work for
Assistant, Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2015
I enjoyed work at Houston Community College test lab. I liked everything about it. Especially when the students cam to take their test and felt they would fail and came out with the biggest smile, that made my day.
productive Fun day at work everyday
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Hcc the staff was amazing to work with I didnt have a boring day at all I really miss working for the company working with the student on campus tours, going out in the feild to recruit students was a awesome experience and working
Efficiant work environment
Career Planning & Resources Department Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2014
Working at Houston Community College was a pleasure. On a daily basis I was advising students about how to behave at a work environment and I helped them to find jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was the job fairs that I had to go.
Watch your back
administrative (Former Employee) –  houstonJuly 23, 2012
Politics is Overwhelming when your in and administrative level if you disagree they will find something to get rid of you by the Chancellor and COO recommendation. Seen a lot of unethical business practices that public does not know .
Pros
holidays
Cons
politics creates atmosphere